- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
I definitely have some regrets, although for the most part the day was perfect.
– I regret not bustling my dress during pre ceremony pictures. I don’t have my photographs back yet, so hopefully it looks fine, but it was such a pain to carry around, and it got filthy, and it’s a long train so I spent many minutes for each photo fussing about getting it to lie right. It looked so pretty bustled, I should have just done that.
– I wish I had my veil on in more pre ceremony pictures. I have them on in the pictures I did with my family and H’s family, but none of the ones of just H and I (unless I’m forgetting some that we took, lol).
– I really really wish that pre ceremony pictures had been less stressful. Not sure if this is a regret or not, as I’m not sure what could have been done differently…but H was super stressed out (due to an uninvited guest showin up, as I later found out), and he was cranky, and snapping at the photographer, and I wish I had just taken a moment alone with him and reminded him that none of the other crap matters and we were getting MARRIED that day!
– I wish that we had done a station during cocktail hour. Because we didn’t, people were crowded around the bar and it was super packed and difficult to walk around. Not big deal, I just think stations would have helped.
– A BIG regret (although a stupid one)–I wish I had gotten a nice hanger for my dress! All the pictures will have it on one of those ugly plastic hangers. This is something that just totally slipped my mind in the days before the wedding.
– I wish I had brought shoes to change into at the reception. My shoes were comfy until about 10:30, 11pm but then they were killing my feet and I was just really uncomfortable.
– This is a little regret–I wish I had spent more time going around to the tables. II was determined to dance my butt off and I did, after going around to the tables quickly during dinner but I kind of think maybe I should have spent more time with H saying hello to everyone while they were eating.
– I wish I had taken home leftover cake!!! No one took home any and they probably threw it away 🙁
– I wish my mom had been there when I put my dress on, although at the time the room felt crowded enough.
Whew, I think that’s it…I feel strangely so much better after writing all of those out!