(Closed) Married Bees..tell me the touches you added to your day that guest commented on

posted 10 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 17
Member
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Okay all, so what are “bathroom baskets??”

ETA……. okay, soooo baskets for the bathroom. nurrrr. thanks google.

Post # 18
Member
2599 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’ve been a wedding coordinator for years, and the things that people generally seem to comment on are:

  • Cake – if it’s especially delicious or beautiful
  • Old photos – if you display family wedding photos or pictures of each of you as children
  • Small design touches – if there is a small step or three from one space to another – placing a vase with floating candle in it for example is the #1 type of thing I overhear
  • Candy buffets/photo booths or other interactive guest experiences
  • Anything they can tell or know was homemade

People are funny – as a vendor/reception employee, most of them don’t seem to notice me or care what I overhear.  I hear lots of gripes about how hard it was to find their seat, if the centerpieces were tall they complain and will sometimes even more them out of the way,   and if the tables are too close together for their liking.

I know people may not notice or appreciate things like the paper goods I’m doing for our wedding… but that’s one of my favorite things, so I’m doing it because it’s what WE want.

I always tell my brides & Grooms to do what they like and 98% of your guests will think it’s great.  The other 2%?  They aren’t happy no matter what you do 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 19
Member
6350 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@tess75: I would love to see those!

Post # 20
Member
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Our photo guest book with pics from our engagement shoot and how delicious the cake was.

Post # 21
Member
6659 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

No one commented on the decor which was a HUGE dissapointment since we spent so much money on specialty lighting, centerpieces, pew arrangements and bouquets. I’m SO glad I decided not to do boutannaires for the groomsmen.

The only thing people commented on was the amazing food, martini bar and huge selection of wines. We also got a ton of thanks for having a top shelf open bar. People also thanked us up and down for having the wedding in a hotel where they could spend the night.

The topic ‘Married Bees..tell me the touches you added to your day that guest commented on’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors