(Closed) Married overseas but don't know how to file in US?

posted 4 years ago in Legal
Post # 4
2351 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I was married in the Caribbean, and the only thing we had to do after our honeymoon was appear at our local county office with our unofficial marriage license. They processed and notarized the license there. Then I was able to go ahead and file for new SS card, drivers license, etc. I also called way before the wedding to verify what our responsibilities would be if we were not getting married in our state. U might want to do the same.

Post # 5
147 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

You need to check with your local county probate office or whoever does the marriage license processing. We are getting married out of the country in October and when I asked my local county clerk about any reporting or processing of an international marriage license, they said they don’t do anything with it and that I would simply take my marriage license to the SS office if I were to do a name change, etc. So it really depends on your local county if/what you need to do with your license now.

The topic ‘Married overseas but don't know how to file in US?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors