(Closed) Martina Liana 346 – Bustle Pics?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2351 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

bless u for posting this pic. i tried it on in the salon, and couldnt remember the designer or style to save my life. now i know πŸ™‚

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Please post a pic of the bustle/let us know what you end up doing!  I am wearing the same dress but have no idea what to do with all that train!  The bridal consultant who worked with me said three point works best.  Are you planning on wearing a veil?  I tried several on but kept thinking it took away from all of the lace. 

Post # 6
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

bump πŸ™‚

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hi there, I have recently bought this dress. But can anyone tell me if they needed an additional petticoat underneath to keep the shape? I don’t want it to stick out too much, but also don’t want to have to keep fussing with it on the day?

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@lovelynan:  Thank you so much! I know this sounds daft, but i don’t like the massive fishtail bottoms and don’t want it to stick too much, and just a little confused as to what to do with it. I have bought my dress second hand, so I’m not getting the shop advice either. If anyone has any pictures of them in their dress, on the day (with or without hoop) it would be greatly appreciated!!

Post # 10
2840 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You could try and underbustle. πŸ™‚

Post # 11
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

1)  I too wore a small hoop skirt made from – wait for it – a hula hoop trimmed down to a smaller circumfrence.  It made walking, well, possible.

2)  We ened up doing a 5 point bustle on mine.  It wasn’t as secure as a French, but I thought the French hid the most beautiful part of the dress!  I ended up carrying my dress in my hand most of the night while I dance – it never got annoying, besides, when else are you going to have a dress to carry?  πŸ˜‰

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

@chel_c:  just saw this! This post answered a couple of questions that I just posted directed at you on another thread. I was all about a French bustle (underbustle) until I saw this picture, yours looks great! Did the bustle come out, is that why you had to carry it eventually?

Thanks!

Post # 13
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@wseattle0803:  It’s more like the little loops for the Bustle kept coming undone & it was super hard to see them in the dark (we were outside dancing).  I think if I were to do it again I would try and have the seamstress somehow ‘mark’ where the loops were under the skirt via another ribbon – or some way to more easily find the loops.  THey just blended in so well!

Post # 14
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Here is the french bustle on my martina liana 346 (i also designed straps to add to my dress for the ceremony, and added a belt by Bling):

Post # 15
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The topic ‘Martina Liana 346 – Bustle Pics?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors