(Closed) MAY 12, 2012 BRIDES!!!

posted 8 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Meee!

I’m pretty deep in πŸ™‚

Dress, venue, photographer, makeup artist all done. Church and officiant next in line. Come May, the 1 year mark I’m going to book florist, and DJ and work on securing decor vendors and accululate other decor things like centerpeices.

Post # 5
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m only seven days different, I wanna play. :p haha

We have a semi-permanent guest list (and a few invite choices). I have my dress (well, it’s ordered. Will be here this May.) Have my veil and undergarments as well. We have looked at and narrowed down our venues to three… That’s about it, honestly.

I’m waiting until May to really “dig in.” Getting my dress this early was kind of a fluke, but I’m glad. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
236 posts
Helper bee

@AmeliaBedelia: yay we are date twins!!

But I want to play too since Im also the week before LOL But so far we have our venue booked… I have started to gather my supplies for our various DIY projects (wedding stationary, favors, etc). We are meeting with florist, photographers and DJs in hopes to book soon and Ive started looking into dresses and shoes

Im glad we are starting early because it seems that we are able to get better pricing… we actually got our venue at 2010 prices (we booked last November) and still got those numbers shaved down a bit. Im just overly excited and cant stop myself from looking into everything LOL

Post # 9
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@MELIS5A: YAY hello fellow Cinco de Mayo bride! :p

@DIYDIVABRIDE2012: Yeah I have my super-crazy DIY notebook, haha, but I’m having a hard time deciding which ones I *really* want to do. I think my new goal is to narrow it down by April or so. Once I pick my venue for sure I’ll start deciding what will look best in that specific place. Oh and thank you – I get a lot of surprising compliments that people like my screenname! haha. It’s a nickname. I bet you could never guess my first name. πŸ˜‰

It feels so far away but not really. I’m not sure! haha

Post # 11
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@DIYDIVABRIDE2012: Oh wow well keep us updated on your DIY! Luckily you do have enough time for a lot of those!

Grad School is keeping me pretty busy so I feel like the bulk of my stuff will (need to) get done between May and August this year. πŸ™‚ Plus we are moving in July. Just so hectic! I think once I get my hands into more this summer it will feel more like a reality! At this point, I don’t even look at “countdown” type things; I’d be like 3948320493 days? Seriously? πŸ˜‰

Post # 13
4755 posts
Honey bee

Just put the deposit down for our church! Going to meet our minister *hopefully* this weekend. If all goes well we’ll book her.

Our engagement session is also booked for April 21st. I want lots of time to play around with my pictures AND get a photo guest book made πŸ™‚ I will also have my makeup and hair trial on that day and if I like her I’ll book her.

April 15th we’ll be going down to David’s bridal to get and most likely buy the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. Already got them picked out and all my maids are happy about the choice so far.

Late April I will be booking appointments to meet with our DJ and florist.

Post # 14
578 posts
Busy bee

Hey Twins!

I have:

-Venue

-Photographer

-Dress!

-Theme  (pink and brown with accents of cherry blossoms)

-Hair and makeup person picked

-Bridal Party (somewhat might change soon someone is being a douche)

-Ring Bands picked out

-Bridesmaids dresses

-Almost done guest list (some tweaking is required)

-Menu is kinda done I have a rougn draft going

Thats it for now πŸ™‚   

Post # 15
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i get married the day after you,  sunday the 13th May.

so far i have :

made my brooch bouquet

ordered my dress

made a Swarovski crystal tiara, necklace and bracelet…

chosen the bridesmaids dresses i would really like them to wear…..BUT i have not asked these girls to be my bridesmaids yet…..! 

added sparkly brooches to a pair of everyday beige coloured shoes and they will be PERFECT.  they are unbelievably comfortable,  i have worn them ust once.  so….i have my shoes

paid a deposit and booked the venue…….a beach wedding,  so i have booked a wedding planner to sort this out as i am having a destination wedding in Turkey……i am from UK

will be booking the flights and hotel next month.  you can only book 13 months in advance,  or i would have dont that by now already/

The topic ‘MAY 12, 2012 BRIDES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors