(Closed) May 12, 2012

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Congrats!! We are date twins! 05/12/12!! WHOOT! We were going to go with the 19th, but amazingly enough it was already snatched up at our venue of choice. Here I was thinking we were looking at venues crazy early! Apparently not. Luckily we really didn’t care what date just as long as we got May.

Post # 5
278 posts
Helper bee

Hey date twins! Tongue outWe are also getting married on May 12, 2012 in Chicago!  I bought my dress a week or so ago, and we’ve booked our ceremony and reception venue. Now that those things are done, I also feel like I can relax a bit and enjoy being engaged. Can you believe that in three short weeks we’ll be a year out already??!!

Post # 7
278 posts
Helper bee

@darlingdeer: Fingers crossed your dream venue is free and clear for your (our?!) date!

Post # 8
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yay thats exciting!! Happy planning!!

Post # 9
97 posts
Worker bee

@darlingdeer: good luck with your venue search. I felt like I emailed a hundred places, but we only made an appt to see one and it turned out to be THE one. So fingers crossed for you! Oh and yay for sisters! I have my mom and younger sister and very wonderful good girlfriends!

@cz1789: I really can’t believe in 3 weeks it will be a year out. I can’t wait. Somedays it feels really far away…others not so much. Congrats on finding your dress! I got my dress too!  I wasn’t planning on getting one so soon. I went with my mom and sister to get an idea of what I liked. I really didn’t have anything in mind. I fell in love with one dress and I was done for!

We also met with a caterer last weekend. It’s the next big thing we need to figure out budget wise…so I figured getting some proposals wouldn’t hurt. Probably doesn’t sound like it, but I am enjoying not having to rush the planning. I did the same thing as a “waiting bee”. Mosty b/c I was afraid we couldn’t afford a wedding…I’m THAT crazy budget bride. Things seem to be working out just fine. So now, bored at work, I am spending ridiculous amounts of time on the computer collecting fun ideas.

What are y’alls (texas much?) wedding colors?

Post # 11
278 posts
Helper bee

@crickey2081: I wasn’t planning on getting my dress this early either!  I happened to go to a sample sale *by myself* (that’s how not serious I was about it), and of course, I found my dress.  

Also not sure what our colors will be, but since we’re going for an urban/contemporary/ chic vibe, we’ll probably go for mostly neutrals (ivory, grey, and a touch of black), with a pop of color (bright green or a muted, dusky lavender, or maybe both).  Yay!!

Post # 13
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i am 1 day away from most of you girls, mine is Sunday 13th May……May 13th is a very special date for me, so it didnt matter which day of the week it fell on, it HAD to be the 13th…….

Post # 14
578 posts
Busy bee

Hi date twins!

I keep reminding Fiance that it is almost a year away! Im so excited for him to see me in my dress and he keeps saying dont say anything!!!!!!! Were having a buffet style dinner and this weekend besides all the Easter festivities we need to narrow down the wedding menu… Im on board but I keep changing my mind I bought like 60 mason Jars for a favor idea and then changed it uggh what am I gonna do with all these jars? Anywho Good luck ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 15
97 posts
Worker bee

@darlingdeer:

I love your tea time inspiration. Everything you posted looks so soft and romantic. Very pretty! And yay for being a dyi bride! We will have to swap war stories throughout our dyi experiences! πŸ™‚

No worries about the spelling. I’m a terrible speller!

@cz1789: I’m a SUPER impressed. You must LOVE your dress if you bought it by yourself. Which makes it 100x more special and you! Congrats! I love the idea of an urban/chic wedding. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

@anneB; Congrats! It’s fantastic that you are getting married on a day so special to you!

@amyddlz: Yay! More date twins! We will soon be the octo-mom of wedding dates! HA! I haven’t bought anything for any DYI just for that reason. I’m so afraid I’m going to change my mind. But I’m sure you’ll figure out something to do with the mason jars. There’s so much you can do with them. πŸ™‚ I’m crossing my fingers that the caterer we met with last week is going to send me his proposal today. Good luck with your menu planning.

We are going with cobalt blue and sunset colors. One of the few reqeust Mr. Cricket wanted was grey suits for the guys. Granted. We are getting married at a winery. I couldn’t be MORE excited since I’m a little wino short and stout (ok not stout but you get it!) It has gorgeous blue mosaic title fountains and we are making blue wine bottle oil lamps for centerpieces.

Post # 16
578 posts
Busy bee

@cricket2082

Those centerpieces sound ahhmazing! Our theme is pink and brown with accents of cherry blossoms but maybe ill just save the mason jars and do something with them for Xmas? Uggh the high and lows of planning…

The topic ‘May 12, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors