(Closed) May 12, 2012

posted 10 years ago in May 2012
Post # 17
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@amyddlz: Your colors sound gorgeous!

That’s a good idea. You could make chex mix and give it away as gifts!

Post # 18
578 posts
Busy bee

hmmm chex mix with chocolate and peanut butter!

Post # 19
5887 posts
Bee Keeper

another newly appointed may 12th bride here too!

so far we have: reception venue reserved, waiting to hear back from our caterer so he can verify they are available on the date, signing photographer contract and sending in that deposit tomorrow.  we can’t book the ceremony site until exactly one year before, so fingers crossed we get it if i call first thing in the morning!

our colors are fuchsia and bright orange, but we are going for more accents rather than the miami drag queen vibe.

have you guys asked your bridesmaids yet? i’ve only asked 2/6 officially

View original reply
@cricket2082: haha we were going to go with the 19th too, but the photographer we wanted was already booked!

Post # 20
578 posts
Busy bee

I made one of the mistakes of asking my bridal party to soon and now my Maid/Matron of Honor and I are not on speaking terms ๐Ÿ™  weve been best friends for 8 years more like sisters but she did something really foul and I dont think things will ever be the same and it had nothing to do with the wedding!  But besides her my other good friend already bought and has received her dress and my cousin should be buying her dress soon hopefully!

I picked up my dress on Wednesday and its safely in my mothers closet! I have two rowdy furbabies and that would be bad! Were getting our E-Pics done next weekend and I am very excited.  I really hope the next year flies because I hate waiting already! Good Luck girls!  <3

Post # 21
5887 posts
Bee Keeper

We booked the day of coordinator yesterday too. I feel so accomplished!

View original reply
@amyddlz: wow your girls have their dresses already! talk about organized.

Post # 22
578 posts
Busy bee

I really want to get the big stuff out of the way so I can really pay attention to the small details.  Im having such a hard time on decor tho. I dont know how I want to look so my mind is racing constantly!

Post # 23
8 posts
Newbee

Also a May 12, 2012 bride ๐Ÿ™‚ So far we have booked our ceremony and reception venue, our photographer, and DJ. My bridesmaids actually already have their dresses–we jumped on a sale that was too good to miss. I don’t have my dress yet, but planning to in the next couple months! I haven’t bought or made anything in the way of details, but we’ll be using a lot of mason jars, white pitchers, etc for a springy garden look (similar to @darlingdeer I think, I love the idea of vintage suitcases and a birdcage for cards too!) Our colors are light sage green and peachy pink, with some yellow and blue accents. Not a really set color scheme, but should have the look we’re going for.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s ideas in the next year…

Post # 24
35 posts
Newbee

YAY! I’m getting married May 12th 2012 also   =)

Post # 25
109 posts
Blushing bee

wow i didn’t know i had so many date twins…yay for May 12, 2012 brides..well actually me and my husband our renewing our wedding vows for our 5th wedding anniversary. I bought my dress a few months ago and have venues picked out. I have started on my laundry list of diy projects already and I am working on getting things for the reception and my miniature bride which is my niece. i just my husband a few days ago that we are just a little over a week away from being a year out from the big day. i am super excited about it

Post # 26
578 posts
Busy bee

Almost a year away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 28
578 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@darlingdeer:

Congrats on the venue!!

Im so excited to tell people that im getting married in less than a year !!!   ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 29
4753 posts
Honey bee

Updates on what you’ve done?

This past weekend I went over to my moms to organize centerpeices. I’ve got the vases and candles, know where to order live plant moss centerpieces. Checked out a nursery to rent live trees for our “forest”.

So excited!

Post # 30
4753 posts
Honey bee

…at 10 months away what ya up to?

Post # 31
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi there date twins!!

Anybody else getting married in the bay area? I could def use some budget advice! HAHA!

The topic ‘May 12, 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors