184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

not on the 17 but the day before. may 16

Post # 4
94 posts
Worker bee

May 16, 2009 What made you choose the date?

Post # 5
94 posts
Worker bee

Where are you at in the planning?

Post # 7
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I’m a May 16th bride, so we’re pretty close!  Right now, I’m feeling pretty good about where I am in the planning process.  We’ve got lots of things taken care of: my dress (ordered, coming in Feb), venue, catering, cake, ceremony musicians, DJ, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, hotel and photographer.  We actually spent most of the day today checking out items for our registry!  I thought that would be fun, but it was kind of exhausting!  We’re also DIYing invitations (as well as flowers), so we’ve been starting on that over the holidays.  I guess we’re in okay shape as of now…but I’m sure I’ll be fairly stressed in the upcoming months.  It’s nice to have this board, so that we can check in with each other as our actual date approaches! 🙂

Post # 8
6 posts
Newbee

I’m not a 17th bride, but 24th. I noticed we are both set on Sundays though. Any special reason you chose a Sunday? We chose it because our venue was so booked and we really wanted it there, and the Monday after our wedding is Memorial day, so we figured it would work our for out of town guests. Are you having a day or evening ceremony? Outdoors or Indoors? May is a beautiful month in Arizona where we are getting married so we’re doing it outside.

Post # 9
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I’m a May 16th bride.  It is really starting to feel like crunch time, but I know that feeling will only intensify.

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee

Hi,

Also a May 16th bride! Curious…when are you girls planning on sending out the invitations? We went to go look at a few different invite vendors this Saturday and they all seemed appalled we had waited so late in the game to get started on them! I guess its because their production time (once they recieved final approval) seemed to range anywhere from 3-6 weeks. It completely stressed me out! (especially since we haven’t really worked on finalizing our guest list yet- we’re still on the first draft) Yikes!

Post # 13
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

May 17th, 2009 will be our 1 year anniversary! It is a GREAT day to get married. Congrats to all you 5/17 brides. You’ll have a blast!

Post # 15
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

May 16, 2009 for us! My envelopes have been hand-addressed already, now we’re waiting for a proof for the invites and then it’s production time.

We’re sending them out early-March. Our RSVP date is April 25 (checked MANY etiquette books before deciding on that date).

We’ve got venues, caterer, photog, dress, his suit, hotel blocks set, and plenty more done.

Post # 16
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi, I am another May 16, 2009 bride!

I am completely stressed out right now, mainly about the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. I have not ordered them because my girls are being a little picky and I just found out that I pretty much have to have a dress picked and ordered for all of them by Friday to have it come in around May 1st!!! Hopefully I can pull it off.

Other than that, we have our caterer, venue(family farm), rentals, photographer, florist, my dress, website done, save the dates, invitations are being designed now, and we are working on finding a DJ and ordering our cake. I feel like I am way behind though.

So glad to find other May 16th brides!!! 🙂

The topic ‘May 17, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors