(Closed) May 17, 2009

posted 12 years ago in May 2009
Post # 17
3331 posts
Sugar bee

Did you find your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, colbnmeg?  How many girls do you have?  Was it hard to find something they all liked? 

I know what you mean about feeling kind of behind on the planning!  I have a lot of big things done, but I’m always feeling like I should be doing more.  Right now, we’re working on invitation design.  

4 months from this weekend, ladies!!

Post # 19
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m getting married on the 15th, but same weekend!

Post # 20
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Also a May 17 bride.  Like some of you, we picked a Sunday because it was half the price for our venue and a lot of vendors offer discounts for Sunday weddings.  (they won’t offer, but 99% of my vendors gave be a discount after asking just once).  Ours is  a destination wedding, so our guests are making a weekend of it.  ALmost everything is done at this point with the exception of some odds and ends .  Our invitations are being addressed as we speak and will go out in the beginning of March and I have my first fitting this week! 

I am definitely feeling the crunch!  Has anyone started any serious workout routines/ diets yet?

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee

i’m also a may 16th bride, woo hoo!!

have taken care of the major things, all except invitations (yikes) – very helpful with the timing deadlines, as that’s around what i was thinking.

anyone tying their honeymoon into the long weekend after that?  that was our main impetus for the timing! 🙂

austin, tx

Post # 23
184 posts
Blushing bee

may 16 here.  yeah, I have eveything under control (i have a wedding planner")  and that is the only reason lol

Post # 24
6 posts
Newbee

May 17th!! Woo!  We picked the Sunday because it’s a long weekend here in Canada and most people have the Monday off of work.  We wanted to have a family tennis tournament the day before so we decided to have the wedding on the Sunday!  Lots of our friends and family will be coming from far away so we thought it would be easier for everyone to come on a long weekend.  I’m working on the invitations now.  Hoping to get great them printed soon and start making the pocketfolds too.  We’re going to our first marriage prep session this weekend.  Should be fun!  Good luck!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada 

Post # 26
94 posts
Worker bee

What did everyone choose for there wedding colors ?

Im doing a lite aqua, green, ivory and just touches of yellow.

Post # 27
3331 posts
Sugar bee

My colors are black, ivory and gold.

When are you gals sending invitations out?

Post # 28
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

My colors are green/ ivory/white and a dash of dark dark purple.  Our invitations will go out around mid march.  Since our wedding is technically "destination" we have an RSVP date 1 month before since there are a lot of decisions that will depend on our final numbers. 

Post # 31
6 posts
Newbee

We’re doing well!  RSVP’s are coming back.  Makeup trial and bridal shower this weekend!

The topic ‘May 17, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors