1837 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

May 18 is my date, too πŸ™‚

Post # 18
224 posts
Helper bee

We chose our date becuase we needed time to get money together for the wedding. We are paying for most of it ourselves (with some loan refunds etc from school). Also, we are both graduating in fall 2013 so getting married in 2013 just seemed more logical. I am very excited! I have booked my reception venue, coordinator/florist, and DJ. and i have appointments in april with the caterer and cake maker. Hopefully once this semester is done in may we can meet with the minister and do the 3 premarital couseling sessions as long as he says we can marry there. It is not our church as we are getting married an hour from where we live in Des moines, Iowa

Post # 19
567 posts
Busy bee

We got engaged in November and we decided we wanted to get married in May.  May of this year scared me a little, so we set a date next year.  That way we can save money, and since we are having it in St. Louis, my family will get enough advanced notice to travel.

So far we have the venue booked, and it came with a DJ we liked.  We have talked to caterers now, and are between two that we want to book.  My next obstacle to tackle will be a photographer!

Post # 20
178 posts
Blushing bee

Another date twin here πŸ™‚

Post # 21
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

And another one! πŸ™‚

Post # 22
201 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged on Easter.  I was hoping for memorial Day weekend 2013, but we’d have to choose between the photographer and venue (one was free Sat one Sun).  Both were available the 18th.  

We chose May because he will finish up school in April, and was worried it would be too much for him working full time and being in school and having a wedding.

Both of our birthdays and now our anniversary will all be within the same 3wks, should be easy to remember.

Post # 23
1 posts
Wannabee

Date twin! I think it’s a fabulous date:)

Post # 24
12 posts
Newbee

Date twin!  I can’t wait . . . πŸ™‚

Post # 25
72 posts
Worker bee

Date twins!!! I’m a May 18, 2013 bride too! So excited there’s just less than a year left to go! πŸ™‚

Post # 26
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Our date is May 18th for our party as we got married at a courthouse for immigration purposes. We kept our date a year from the day we had it this year though because it gives us time to save up money (immigration visas are expensive, but so worth it to have him here) and gives his family time to plan a big visit here. However, we are going to have a ceremony in front of our family and friends, I’m not sure if we’re just going to call it a vow renewal ceremony or not. We’re figuring that out now, but we’re looking at venues. After reading everyones posts I feel like we are really far behind! However, the one venue we’ve seen we both really like and we’ll see after this weekend if there are any more contenders. Both places cater for the food though so once the venue is book we’re pretty set on that part πŸ™‚ Anyones, congratulations to everyone here !!! 

Post # 27
146 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins!  Super excited to get to next year.  Anybody else feel like they haven’t done much?

Post # 28
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@Burghbound:  definitely me, i’m getting anxious as i haven’t heard back from the venue that i know we both really really want. so frustrating ! after that i know our colours, what wedding centerpieces i do want and then we can do our invites at least and have something done. (we’re printing on them ourselves but we’ve already bought the invite and reply card) i just want th evenue ! i have no idea when i should start looking for my dress, and i really wanna book our dj/photographer but feel like we shouldn’t yet. 

Post # 29
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m May 18th too! We chose it both for our venue and for financial reasons.

Post # 30
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m May 18th as well! 

Post # 31
43 posts
Newbee

We are May 18th, and it just so happens to be both of my grandparents wedding anniversaries! We got engaged in April, and I had always wanted a fall wedding, but once the ring came I did not want to wait much longer than a year! Plus, I dreaded the idea of crazy-hot summer weather, hopefully the weather will be nice in Wisconsin for our day… it is right when it normally starts to get pretty nice up here!

The topic ‘May 18th, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors