(Closed) May 2, 2009?

posted 10 years ago in May 2009
Post # 3
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Hey there Month Twin, I am also a May 2 bride. I am getting married in New York City.  We recently found the church to have the Catholic ceremony. Just last Friday I registered for the precanon course. The reception will be at 6:00pm at Tavern on the Green in Central Park!  I am so excited!  I DIY my save the dates which I just sent last Friday. I bought a Carolina Herrera ballgown dress so now I am working on getting ideas for the bridesmaids dresses.  So much to do still, I almost had a panic attack yesterday. Well, keep me posted on your plans. Your Beach wedding sounds romantic.

Post # 4
58 posts
Worker bee

Hey May 2 ladies!

We’re getting married on May 2 in Seattle, WA. We’ll be at our church for the ceremony (2pm) and reception. The sanctuary is beautiful and needs minimal decorations, but the reception hall will need a little sprucing up. 

I’m more than half way through our DIY invites, we have our website (mostly) done, and we’re starting our premarital counseling with our pastor in the new year. I also *just* found an Etsy seller to make my BM’s necklaces!

The to do’s are: I need to figure out where to get my dress altered, we need to find him a suit, and we still haven’t asked our flower girls and ring bearers to be in the wedding. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
36 posts
Newbee

Hey May 2nd brides!  That is also my big day…I am getting married in Temecula, CA at an inn out in the local wine country.  Our ceremony and reception are both outside, so keep your fingers crossed for no rain!!! I have all the big things done…just the little things to work on now.  Like placecards, groomsmen gifts, ect.  We’ve been engaged for a year already, so I’ve been able to spread out the planning.  I still feel like I have a ton to do though!  130 DAYS! agh!

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m May 2nd too! I’m getting married at the Dallas Arboretum outside in a garden, and then the reception is there as well (but inside). I have picked out my invitations from Thistleberry Press. I love letterpress! We just got engaged on 8/29/2008 so not a super long engagement. I got my dress from Stardust Celebrations. That’s about it— glad to hear there are other May 2nd girls out there! Our website is up too if you’re wondering, its http://www.eleanorandpeter.com. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
58 posts
Worker bee

Cute website, Eleanor! 

I’m the Seattle bride up top, but I’ll add our website too:

www.brandonamanda.com

it still needs some tweeking, but it’s a good start! 

Post # 8
19 posts
Newbee

Only 4 months and 3 days left!  I’m a May 2 bride in St. Petersburg, FL.  We’re doing a very simple wedding in an old historic church:  http://www.mirrorlakelyceum.com

My favorite part so far is my dress.  I still get butterflies thinking about it.

Does it seem like the closer you get, the more you have to do?  8 months out there were only like 3-4 things on the checklist.  But April looks jam packed!

Weeeee!  We’re almost there!

Post # 10
65 posts
Worker bee

Hi, fellow May 2 brides!  What a great day we picked, eh?

I love hearing about all your weddings planned the same day as mine, and all beautiful locations. 

We only just booked our wedding/reception location and therefore set the wedding date, so now I’ve got so much to do!  It seems you all have been planning for a while, and best of luck to you all with everything.

We’re getting married in Laguna Beach, CA at a chapel that terraces down to a level where the reception will take place.  Some of my family was with me and we all loved it! 

I’ve done some shopping for my dress, but haven’t bought anything yet.  I thought that could wait, until someone told me that you have to get it months before the wedding!  

I want to do my own wedding invitations, as I know how to do calligraphy (not fabulously, but I think I can handle it).  Another idea would be to just find a software program that you can custom-make invitations on the computer.  Any recommendations?

I think I will take a look at the wedding process blog that NiceWedding posted, but I’m open to any other suggestions to make this go quickly!

We will be doing the tasting of the menus and cakes this weekend, so at least that’s something.  Hopefully we will book the DJ and photographer, too.  At least it’s all being done at the wedding venue and they handle most of the planning, so that’s a relief.

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello fellow brides-to-be!

I’m getting married May 2 in Cocoa Beach, FL. My fiance and I live in Chicago, IL but are from that area in Florida so hence the long distance planning. Our ceremony and reception will both be outside (so pray for no rain for me too!) at the Porcher House, a historic mansion. It’s going to be more of a garden party reception outdoors with paper lanterns, games like bocce ball in a lawn area, no set seating (just high top tables and couches around) and fun activities like a gelato bar and photobooth! 

I’m excited but still have a lot of details to work out – the biggest being the DJ. I’ve put it off because I haven’t been satisfied with the price/quality I’ve seen so far, so the search continues.

Best wishes to everyone! Cheers to a stress-free June! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 14
65 posts
Worker bee

Thank you, NiceWedding- I really appreciate your input.  That helps out a ton.   And I did like your blog- very nice! 

Post # 16
155 posts
Blushing bee

hello brides! i’m getting married on May 2nd too, but just a little far away: in Mexico (Tabasco, like the sauce haha :D)! My Fiance and I are currently living in another city- Yucatan, also in Mexico obviously-but we’re are not going toget married here because it’s my family tradition to get married in the city the bride grows up, so that’s why we’re planning a Destination wedding (kind of)!

we will have a very short engagement: from november 15 to may 2nd it’s only 5 and a half months! but we love each other and we can’t wait longer… :; besides, my parents offered to pay the most part of the wedding as a gift to me, so we’re going to have a sparkly, green and white wedding, quite simple but full of love, with only 150 guests (yeah, i know for you it’s like a loooot of people, but we’re mexican, and like miss hydrangea once say: the more, the merrier!…and cutting the guest list have been one of the hardest decisions we’ve made!

the planning and making of our wedding has been crazy, first of all, cause i will love to have a garden wedding but here it’s like 100ºF !!!!! my guest will melt if we had our wedding outdoors! so, it has to be in the afternoon in a reception hall with air conditioner!!!

also, because of our budget and ’cause we don’t wanna splurge our parent’s money,  i’m trying to be a DIY bride: invitations, centerpieces, church decoration, and many more! thankfully my Fiance helps me a lot and also keeps me sane!

i will love hearing from you and if you find a website with great ideas about green and white weddings, please link them to me! ๐Ÿ™‚  i will try to tell you about our traditions, if you like, but like you must know by now, my english it’s not that good…

congratulations to all of you!

The topic ‘May 2, 2009?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors