(Closed) May 2, 2009?

posted 11 years ago in May 2009
Post # 32
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

@ NiceWedding-

Heck no! We did three places. And, a co-worker just asked me today if I registered for lingere for my bridal shower. I looked at her like she was crazy.

I didn’t know you were supposed to register for lingere. I told her if she wants to get it for me, I’ll tell her my size ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 33
65 posts
Worker bee

How exciting, the big day is a little more than 2 months away!!  I am still addressing invitations but plan on sending them all out sometime next week.  Where are all of you with your wedding planning?  Is everything going well so far? 

About the registry:  we decided to not register anywhere but to tell everyone that they can get us a gift certificate to Lowe’s, so that we can furnish our future home once we finally get a house together.  

I love using The Knot.com’s checklist for helping me time out (and know about) all the many details of things to get done.  How do you all know your timeline of getting things done?  My parents eloped so they never had a wedding and my mom doesn’t have advice so I’ve had to figure it out myself…  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 34
58 posts
Worker bee

Hey ladies! Yea, I’m sending the invites out by next weekend, I hope. Still waiting to get some addresses from the Fiance. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 36
65 posts
Worker bee

2 months away!  ๐Ÿ™‚  I finished my invitations last night and sending them off today hopefully.

Nice wedding, no- I haven’t checked out the Martha Stewart tools.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

Post # 38
56 posts
Worker bee

All the invitiations went out last Tuesday, and I’ve gotten one RSVP so far.  Time to hound our guests   Last weekend was one of the more productive weekends we’ve had to date.  We bought his band, tried on two potential suits for him and finally picked our first dance song.  It’s getting really close to the date, and I couldn’t be happier.

Post # 39
217 posts
Helper bee

I’m keeping an eagle-eye on this thread, because I’m a week later,  my invitations are going out this week, so I’m glad to see that I’m right on schedule with y’all!  We’re not far!

Post # 40
6009 posts
Bee Keeper

Only two months away, catrelle!  And I’m glad to know when you guys are sending out the invites; for some reason I thought this coming Saturday is too soon, but my Fi disagreed.  I guess he was right!

Post # 41
155 posts
Blushing bee

well, we’re hand-delivering each invitation!!! it’s crazy i know but it’s like a traditon in both of our families… we started a week ago and we’re finishing tomorrow! this way we’re also talking with every ‘padrino’=godfather about their generous offers to help/buy stuff for us!

we’re heading to my home town next week to deliver the rest of the invitations there and also finish some ‘details’ (’cause the wedding is going to be there), like cake design, aisle runner style, reception decoration, food tasting, hotel reservations…!

it’s getting closer girls !!!  keep calm and carry on!

Post # 43
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Coyaba Resort, Montego Bay

I can’t believe how close the date is getting!!  We are heading down to Jamaica on April 29th.  My mom and I are going to get a lot of the goods for the Out of Town bags and get them put together.  Most guests are arriving that day or the next.  I hope I find some time to relax during it all!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

How is everyone elses planning coming? 

Post # 44
56 posts
Worker bee

40 days to go!  Are you ready?  Still waiting for some of the RSVPs and then I will have to get crackin on seating arrangements. Good luck to you all.

Post # 45
400 posts
Helper bee

We sent our invites out last monday, and we’ve gotten lots of responses back from my side of the family (his- not so much).

Post # 46
56 posts
Worker bee

Hi!  I don’t mean to be the May 2, 2009 countdown person, but we have 30 DAYS!!!  Major knots in my stomach.  So many things happening this month – getaway weekend with the BMs, shower, and meetings with our vendors.  I wish I had another month, but that would be a torture to wait.  How are you ladies doing?

The topic ‘May 2, 2009?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors