(Closed) ** May 2010 Brides**

posted 9 years ago in May 2010
Post # 3
7 posts
Newbee

You are ahead of us!  We haven’t booked a florist or videographer yet (we had a videographer but he flaked out on us).  Next on our list is to reserve hotel blocks for out of town guests and to get started on our invitations.  We are printing and assembling them ourselves, so we need to start early.  Don’t forget about booking transportation/limo/etc.  

Post # 4
1011 posts
Bumble bee

I have a venue, a stationery printer, a church, an officiant, a photographer, my dress & shoes, groom’s tuxedo, & MOH’s dress.  BM has his own tuxedo.  I’ve picked the paper for the invitations and pretty much have the text and all but a couple of addresses.  STDs went out at the end of October. Registered at 3 places (BB&B, Macy’s, Crate).  Picked out a cake (and sampled it), but haven’t ordered it yet.  Booked the hotel block several months ago.

I have a tentative DOC.  My favors have been ordered.  I picked a MOA, but haven’t put a deposit yet.

The only real big thing I have left is flowers!  No video or dance for us.  And I’m trying to decide on musicians.  I think we have our reading.  We’re not going to worry about transportation either.  Can’t do the final invites until I select the menu and they want me to wait until after the Christmas holidays (and to wait for the new menu options).

Post # 6
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

OMG, I can’t believe this is me! I haven’t done anything, we’re just going to Vegas- but I still have to plan. I hope to call hotels soon to see where we are staying. Our new house sort of ate up my savings, so plans were pushed back a bit! We’re just going to a chapel on the strip, so no big plans there. I just have to plan a really fun vacation basically!

Post # 7
170 posts
Blushing bee

I have ordered the dress, done the first dress fitting, booked the venue for reception & ceremony, booked a dj, booked an officiant, picked cake, booked the room block, registered, I’ve designed the invitations (we’ll be assembling ourselves), ordered my NFL Bronco garter belt Wink, and booked a phtographer…

we still need to figure out ceremony music and I have a TON of work to do on designing and making the invitations, menus, placecards and programs! We are also doing the flower arrangements ourselves so that should be another fun chore Smile I also need to find someone to do my makeup and hair and find a flower-girl dress…

I honestly just love all of this planning so much!!! Yay for getting married in May 2010!!!!!

Post # 8
397 posts
Helper bee

oooh!

I’ve bought my dress, ordered STD’s today, we are sending them out january 1st, have a photographer, caterer, venue, officiant, church, signed up for premarital counseling, picked out bridesmaids dresses, florist, baker, music is taken care of…oh, and our honeymoon hotel and flights are booked…. whate else?

I know we still need to nail down invitations, I just can’t seem to decide.

Post # 9
290 posts
Helper bee

We have the church, officiant, reception venue, DOC, photographer, band, cake baker and makeup artist booked.  We have room blocks at two hotels.  I’ve ordered my dress and we have the save-the-dates but have to address the envelopes and then send them out.  I think I found our bridesmaid dresses today and we are ordering invitations tomorrow!  We just met with two florists, but I think I want to meet with a couple more.  Oh and I need to find someone to do my hair.  But I feel like we are finally making progress!

Good luck with your planning, ladies!  🙂

Post # 10
472 posts
Helper bee

I feel like I’ve done little the last few weeks and have fallen behind!  We have our venue booked (ceremony and reception), our honeymoon paid for, Save-The-Date Cards sent out, put half down on our photographer, pretty sure I’ve found my dress, florist and cake we’re going with the grocery store, hired our DJ, talked to the salon today about hair and makeup, know the hotel but can’t reserve until January, have spoken with our officiant, and started to design our ceremony.  We had to wait until we saw everyone at Thanksgiving to finish asking our wedding party so Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are next on my list.  I need to dig up a good checklist by month since I’m at a loss of what to do next 🙂

Post # 11
209 posts
Helper bee

Less than 6 months, yikes!  I have a lot to do after the holidays.  I’m hoping my dress comes in soon, even though my first fitting appointment isn’t for three months.  I looked at invitations this weekend, but haven’t really found anything I love (doesn’t help that Fiance is pretty indifferent about this kind of thing).  Fiance is planning the honeymoon and I hope he starts working on that soon.  Next on my list is finding a shuttle for our guests–the one we found turned out to be a little shady. 

Post # 12
152 posts
Blushing bee

We’ve booked/chosen our ceremony & reception venues, officiant, caterer, florist, photographer, DJ, wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and some of our ceremony musicians. Oh and we’re currently addressing/sending out our Save-The-Date Cards. 

Post # 13
91 posts
Worker bee

-We’ve booked all vendors (venue, dj, photog, florist, etc)

-Officiant is my future brother-in-law

-I have my dress, shoes, veil, jewelry

-Have all the invitation stationary, printing from home

-Have most of the decor/little things: chargers, favor box ribbons, cylinders for the aisle, napkins for cocktail hr, etc

-Picked out linens, chair covers & sashes

-BM’s picking their own dresses- none have purchased theirs yet! (not nervous about this)

-GM tux’s have been selected

-Will be booking hair/makeup artist this month

-Cake bakery already selected, selecting ours in March

What hasn’t been done:

-have not purchased Bridesmaid or Best Man,Groomsmen or parents’ gifts

-have not purchased glass containers for candle and favor boxes (we’re pouring these ourselves and designing the labels)

-have not had a dress fitting (THIS makes me nervous)

-have not done any tastings

-have not finished designing all of our stationary, invites done, but maps are not.

-have not finished menu (won’t be able to until after tasting i guess?)

-have not finished programs (won’t be able to until closer to wedding anyway)

ok, maybeee this was more for me than for anyone else! haha. had to see everything written out. I’m sure I’ve left out a bunch.

Post # 14
1042 posts
Bumble bee

I def feel like I suck at this. But I finally got my act together this week and got a florist!

Next, I need a DJ- we were going to do an Ipod wedding but I really think it’s a bad idea, I really just want to hire a DJ because I see the ipod being a disaster.

Nobody has dresses or tuxes yet. Except me. It’s hard because most of our wedding party is out of town…soo that’s going to get all taken care of this month.

Most of the other stuff is already done or will take like 10 seconds to do, so I’m not worried 🙂

Post # 15
108 posts
Blushing bee

@mimosa: We’re date twins AND I’m getting married in Greensboro, GA. Made me giggle.

The last few months I haven’t done much of anything because of grad school. But now we’re out on break and I’ve been going wedding crazy!!

So far we have all of our vendors booked, sent out our STD’s, and I’m currently working on our invitations to send out by the end of February. Most of the things I’m waiting on we can’t do until after we get the RSVP’s back. And “A” still has to pick out his and his groomsmen’s tux/suits. And right now as we speak I am scouring the internet for bridesmaid gifts!

Post # 16
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

I can’t wait! It’s getting closer and closer! I think that is the best thing about this winter – that is will pass quickly with all the wedding planning and projects! (I’m not a fan of the cold!)

We have a lot to do still. The big things are find the boys suits, find me shoes, order the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, order the invites, choose/purchase the decor/centerpiece supplies, and finalize the apps/dessert menus and shopping lists.

We have a deposit for the food, my dress, venue, and hotels booked.

There’s a lot of little stuff to do yet, since we aren’t having a DOC and are pretty much doing everything ourselves. so I know the next few months will be busy!

The topic ‘** May 2010 Brides**’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors