(Closed) May 2011 Brides?

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

We’ve booked our venue and our photographer. We’re very close to signing our caterer, and we’ve got our officiant (a friend who got ordained on the internet).

Post # 4
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I wish I was as far along in my planning as you are!! I officially purchased buckets for our welcome “baskets” (to go with the beach theme)  and one possible item to use as part of the table centerpieces!  I think I found my dress, will know for  sure by tomorrow!  I feel so behind on planning!  No venue, no church, no lodging! yikes! May 2011 will be here before any of those negative nancy’s know!!!! 🙂

Post # 5
1251 posts
Bumble bee

I am trying to decide on a venue!

We have…

Turtle Creek Lodge, which is 1.5 hours away, for $1000, for a semi-destination weekend wedding with camping, s’mores and outdoor fun. Also, one of my best friend’s grandparents owns it, so we might be able to get a deal.

OR

Or, Schaar’s Bluff Gathering Center, for $500, for an in-town wedding on the Mississippi river. The building is awesome, eco-friendly, windpowered and includes an AV System (with projector) all tables and chairs, take-down and cleaning. There are also outdoor firepits (under that Terrace there) so we could still do the “fancy dress roasting marshmallows” thing.

What do you think?

Post # 7
166 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve booked our celebrant and the venue, I’m waiting til the 12 month timeline for the photographer  and then pretty much everything else is waiting for the 6 month to wedding timeline.

Post # 8
690 posts
Busy bee

We booked our location (ceremony and reception) and photographer. We are reviewing the DJ contract tonight and I am going on my first ever wedding dress shopping trip with my Mom this weekend. We also want to call a few officiants and book someone before the end of April. I like having the big vendors and details taken care of earlier, so there is less to worry about later on and more time to work on our DIY projects and enjoy the whole experience!

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

i hope i can post in this group soon haha! still waiting…

Post # 10
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We have our Church and Venue Booked. We also have put down a small deposit with the catering company. I also bought by dress; but I was really excited to go shopping so that didn’t take long! That’s about all i’ve done soo far. I’ve just been looking around and gathering ideas. I’m not in a huge hurry because we have plenty of time left… I just wanted to get the big stuff done.

Post # 11
79 posts
Worker bee

I’m in this group lol…  I’m having the whole thing at my parents home.  The reason is I am for a country town and they have to 2nd highest point on our county so the view is AMAZING!!!!!  If I was having it at the 4th of july when the sun goes down it’s just amazing.  hope to hear more about the may 2011 brides 🙂

Post # 12
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We just asked for our venue contract! I’ll be even happier when I can post that it’s signed and deposit down!

Post # 13
690 posts
Busy bee

Just ordered my wedding dress. I love it.

Post # 14
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yay May brides! It appears that I don’t have a May 28, 2011 twin on this post, though I understand that that is Memorial Day in the States.

I’ve been planning as much as possible, in the hopes that I won’t be as stressed out in the months leading up to the day.

My planning accomplishments to-date include:

– I have my wedding dresses. (The downside to this is it gives me a lot of time to second-guess myself.)

– I have the bridesmaid dresses.

– The church has been booked.

– The venue has been picked, but not yet booked.

– The photographers, florist and baker have been chosen.

– The DIY invitations, wedding bands, veil, favour bags, garters, attendant gifts and guest book have been purchased.

I think that about sums it up… I’m ahead of the game, and some of my friends/family think I’m nuts with having so much done! But I’m hoping that taking care of things slowly will reduce the likelihood that I will turn into some foaming-at-the-mouth wedding monster in a year from now!

Post # 15
555 posts
Busy bee

@ frugalbride- foaming at the mouth monther–funny!! 

I am glad I’m not the only one who’s found their dress already.  I’ve gottena  few comments about buying my dress “too soon.” But I don’t think there is such a thing.  I mean, the dress was important to me and i wanted to know that I stayed within my budget because if I fell in love with something too expensive I wanted to know sooner rather than later when there was still time to tweak other parts of the bidget.  The good news if I found my dress and it came in just under budget. 

I look forward to hearing all about your planning, ladies! 

Post # 16
151 posts
Blushing bee

We are having our ceremony and reception at my ffil’s beautiful property in the country. 

So far I have bought my dress, chosen my wedding party, booked a caterer ($13 per person, woohoo!), made a budget, and chosen a color sceme (bright pink and lime green, with orange and yellow accents.)

I’m having the hardest time with the photographer because that is something that is really important to me. I’m super picky, but can’t spend too much. I’ve been searching craigslist a lot in hopes that I will find someone who’s style I like, that is just starting out.

The topic ‘May 2011 Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors