(Closed) May 2011 Brides- have you planned your honeymoon?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
5787 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

We’re waiting on bonus season to plan our honeymoon (budget could be anything from 6 – 10k). I’m kinda hoping to find some great deal on Jetsetter at the last minute since we aren’t set on going to any one place.

Post # 4
296 posts
Helper bee

Nope, we haven’t planned it yet. We’re having trouble deciding how much we should spend. Next year, I’m planning to go back to school….

Do we spend a lot (7-10k) and go somewhere expensive like Japan? Or, do we go somewhere in the US/Canada, and spend a lot less (2-5k), and take the other trip later? That’s the debate we can’t seem to settle. :/

Good luck! (sorry, I’m no help)

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee

We planned ours already.. we are taking a cruise =)

Post # 6
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

Nope…haven’t planned anything. My fiance’s at a new job where he won’t have leave time til September. So I’m thinking we will take a couple days off after the wedding to do a mini moon to something driveable and then wait until we see a deal we like on travelzoo and spring for that. Part of me worries that if we do that (instead of scrounging up the cash to go on a real honeymoon as well as his missed time) eventually we’ll postpone it indefinitely to save for a house. I can see that becoming a reality because I really want to buy before prices go back up. 

Post # 7
43 posts
Newbee

We have not planned anything yet!  We are going to wait to get our tax return money and then plan/book it then!  We are paying for the entire wedding by ourselves AND saving for a house – so honeymoon (unfortunately) is just not as big a priority for us right now!  I am sure there will be plenty of specials and deals in March and April!  🙂

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

We planned and booked a cruise a while back.  We still have to book flights though.

Post # 9
407 posts
Helper bee

Booked ours about a month ago. Wanted to take advantage of the lower holiday prices since we are going to Greece.

Post # 10
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m a september 2011 bride and we have not booked our honeymoon yet.  We still haven’t decided on where to go.  Either St. Maartin or Italy.  St. Maartin is pretty much guaranteed warm weather.  Italy I’m not sure.  Mr. Posh has never been there and I have. So, we’re kind of leaning towards Italy. I’m hoping we only spend 6k wherever we go.  I’d rather spend the money we get from our wedding on a down payment on a nice home rather than our honeymoon.

I recommend that you book something soon if you’re getting married in May.  Do you have your passports ready?  It usally takes 6 months to get them.

Post # 11
1890 posts
Buzzing bee

10 days in Cancun–I can’t wait!  We booked through a travel agent and with airfare I think it’s just under 6k (both are all inclusives so we shouldn’t have to spend too much while there).  We went to the Bahamas last year and we spent sooo much money on food/drinks while there, we definitely wanted to stick with AI’s for the honeymoon.

Post # 12
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Haven’t planned ours yet either!  We’re going to Paris for sure, but would like to travel to other locations too, possibly Egypt.  We’re pretty flexible with when we can go, so we’ll try to wait for a deal to come along.  We’ve saved about 6K for the trip so far.

Post # 13
57 posts
Worker bee

That was one of the first things my Fiance did. We are going to St Johns & Tortola. So excited.

Post # 14
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We just booked our flights to and from Spain!  Nothing else planned yet though.

Post # 15
948 posts
Busy bee

I planned and booked our honeymoon to Italy this weekend. 🙂  So excited!  We’re going to Venice, Florence, Rome, and Almafi Coast.  Our budget is 10k(hotels, flights, food, shopping, etc) for 14 days. 

Do your FI’s parents want to keep it a surprise that their gifting the honeymoon?  If not, I would definitely tell your Fiance and start planning.  There are some really great deals out there during the holidays.  

Post # 16
178 posts
Blushing bee

my parents are giving us their week at whatever location we choose, through their timeshare.  So really, we just need to make sure the place we like is available and then worry about the airfare.

The topic ‘May 2011 Brides- have you planned your honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors