(Closed) May 2011 brides- When are you registering?

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

My fiance and I have already started registries at Macy’s, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and Amazon.com. I didn’t know there was a given time when you ought to start…

Post # 4
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited. We’re going to a second store next Thursday πŸ™‚

Post # 5
690 posts
Busy bee

We already started a registry at Bed, Bath & Beyond and need to register for more online. We need to decide on a second registry location,

Post # 6
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We are doing it this weekend too!  Woooooo!

Post # 8
4385 posts
Honey bee

@Tswife4ever: I don’t think it’s ever too early, unless you register for seasonal items. Also, you’ll need to keep an eye on your registry for items being discontinued. I am registering early bc I am away from home, and will only be at home at Christmas, so my shower will be then!

Post # 9
555 posts
Busy bee

I am waiting until after the holidays to register–probably january.  I have a list of ideas going when I think of things but that’s it.  I don’t want things to be discontinued or to decide I like another store better.

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee

We are actually waiting until January.  We started by going in to Williams Sonoma and she highly recommended waiting.  Unless you have showers coming up that you need gifts for, a lot of the items in the stores can change after Christmas.  She said that sometimes stores will discontinue different items after Christmas sales.  So we have decided to wait.  She said you can register early, but then you have to watch it and update it.  I didn’t want more work πŸ™‚

Post # 11
222 posts
Helper bee

We registered about 2 weeks ago, because our save-the-dates had our wedding website on them Our wedding website has the registry info on it, so in case people wanted to look we did it early. Plus I figured it was one more thing I can take off the to do list.

Post # 12
222 posts
Helper bee

and duh we registered at BBB and we included cards from the photographer if they would like to give us a gift card for our photo album.

Post # 13
4824 posts
Honey bee

I am April but we registered in early Sept and are still tweaking it. At Macy’s they warn you if you check it online if something will be discontinued.  We registered early because some of our family members wanted to get us an engagement gift (we are not having a party) and bought off of it already.  

We registered at Macy’s and Amazon.com.

Post # 14
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We started our registries back in February but that was only because of a bridal show promotion where we got $50 gift cards if we put 5 things onto the list from the stores. We’ll be tweaking the registry next February or so to have the items we actually need. I also won’t be having a shower so I’m not too concerned at this point.

Post # 15
4385 posts
Honey bee

We went this weekend! It wasn’t as fun as I had hoped, it was actually kind of stressful. I think I might be taking it too seriously πŸ˜›

Post # 16
690 posts
Busy bee

@OttawaBride2011: We didn’t have as much fun registering either. 2 hours shopping is a little too much for him, unless we were registering at Gamestop or Best Buy πŸ™‚

We need to register for a few more things, for the bridal shower, but I can’t think of much else we need. Or a second store at which to register. Hmm…

The topic ‘May 2011 brides- When are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors