(Closed) May 2011 brides- when are you sending invites

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 4
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Lol, you are making me freak out! I just ordered the save the dates! Lol, maybe sending them out late- march with RSVP by May 1st? The room block we reserved ends April 15th. Hopefuly those who need a hotel room will reserve one once they receive the save the dates.

Post # 5
413 posts
Helper bee

Our Save the Dates will be sent in November around Thanksgiving (6 months out) and we will mail the invitations late March/1st April with a May 1st RSVP date.

Post # 6
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Our plan is for the save-the-dates to go out at the end of September (since most of our guests will have to fly to the wedding), then to send invitations in February with the RSVP date in late March.  Too early?

Post # 7
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m sending my save the dates around Thanksgiving. Then I’m going to try and get my invites out on Feb 14 so they can be postmarked with that date. heh heh.

Post # 8
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@kate169:Ohhhh great idea, postmark St. Valentines Day!!! I might steal that idea.

I was going to STD 6 months out but I’m afraid if its too close to Nov/December when it could get lost with all the Christmas mail. So, late Oct. is my goal.

Post # 9
384 posts
Helper bee

I’m planning to send them out in early March with a April 1st RSVP date.  I may try to add a line about No foolin’ we’d like you to RSVP by April 1st, or something silly.  We’ll see what I come up with.

Post # 10
16 posts
Newbee

I was thinking I’d send save the dates by early November with invitations going out in early March. Glad to see so many people are on the same page – I wasn’t entirely sure about my timeline.

Post # 11
1254 posts
Bumble bee

Half our guest list will be traveling long distances so Save the Dates went out early this week. I was planning on sending invitations out by mid-February (postmark Valentine’s Day) with a deadline of April 15 (tax day). This gives me a couple of weeks to hunt down the stragglers.

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee

thank you so much for this board!  I was unsure on the dates (actually just on a bunch of sites comparing their timelines) and you all helped me out so much.  I am just now putting the dates into Google Calendar – my special wedding calendar ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Trinity Lutheran Church & Idlewild Country Club

We’re sending our Save-The-Date Cards the last week of November because we don’t want them to get mixed up with holiday cards). We’re also sending our invites in late feb / early March.

Post # 14
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ll send my STD’s out the second week or so in November so they can avoid the Christmas cards. Our invites will probably go out mid-to-late March with an RSVP date of April 30th. I have a very small guest list so it will be super easy for me to call the people who don’t RSVP on time.

Post # 15
178 posts
Blushing bee

I have a big work conference three weeks before our wedding, so I have pushed all my time lines earlier.

Because it is a holiday weekend, I sent my save the dates out at the end of July.

Our invites will probably be send in early to mid March with an end of April RSVP deadline.  Its easier for me to send the invites out that early, and the earlier RSVP deadline is because I anticipate having to track alot of people down for not responding. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
1641 posts
Bumble bee

We’re getting married on 5-7-11, so we’re sending out invites early March, maybe even late February. 

Now, we didn’t think of doing a save-the-date. After reading the posts, I’m beginning to wonder if we *should* do one!?!

The topic ‘May 2011 brides- when are you sending invites’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors