(Closed) May 2011 Date – when do we send Save the Dates?

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
2859 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

Date Twin!

I’m sending mine this week, but we’ve got a lot of out of towners. I think as long as you send them in the next couple of months, you’ll be fine.

Post # 4
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We are not doing Save-The-Date Cards, even though 99% of our guests will be traveling. It is all family and so everyone already knows the date via word of mouth. It also helps save on some of the costs (paper supplies, postage). I know this doesn’t really help you, but I just wanted to chime in since I am another DATE TWIN! *tee hee*

Post # 5
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I think Save the Dates should be Sent out as Soon as you Decide your Date…. Otherwise; most people already know when it is & it’s a waste of paper & postage…. I’m not doing them. If you just got engaged I would send them out now. If you’ve been engaged for a while; I would skip them.

Post # 6
46 posts
Newbee

@ColorCoated: I’m getting married the same day as you. Congratulations!!! I’m going based off of the weddingwire checklist timeline. So I’m sending mine out next month. But a lot of articles I’ve been reading recommend 6 to 8 months before the wedding, but you can send them as early as a year in advance. Hope this helps.

Post # 7
249 posts
Helper bee

i was probably a bit early sending ours out(around the 1st week of July) but it was mainly because we are getting married memorial day weekend and we wanted to give people time to decide if they want to go away that weekend or come to our wedding! :O)

Post # 8
8 posts
Newbee

Hey date twins!  we are waiting to send ours out too.  FI wants to send them out but I am not convinced.  Most of our guests are family or already know the date, but, he says since it’s around “graduation” time we should send them out.  IDK!  I say we send out invites after Thanksgiving.and call it good.  What do you guys think?  Too soon for invites if we aren’t sending STD?

Post # 9
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I am sending mine in Ocotber, but only because our engagement portraits are scheduled for the end of September! I will send them out as soon as our pictures come back!

Post # 10
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Look at all us date twins! 

I’m sending mine out next week, if I can wait till then!  (We plan to wait until the 8 month mark exactly to send them off, haha.)

Post # 11
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m sending mine out in Late October. Trying to avoid being confused with Christmas mail.

Post # 12
231 posts
Helper bee

Yay, its so exciting to FINALLY hear people talk about getting married in May 2011! When I got engaged in Dec 2009 it seems so far away!  Anyways, we are getting our engagement pics done next month because we wanted the fall colors so we will send stuff out with our christmas cards.  We don’t have a whole ton of out of towners and we can save on postage!  I think I may even do a “xmas” letter and just include it in there.

Post # 13
555 posts
Busy bee

I sent mine out about a month ago.  We are having a destination wedding so I wanted people to have as much notice as possible.

Post # 14
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I just ordered my save the dates from the printer.  I can’t wait to see them! I plan to send them out in early November: 6 months before the wedding ….

Post # 15
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I actually was bad and sent them out wicked early.  I know people who might claim my date if I didn’t have it officially out there so I sent them out right before last Christmas.  Well actually we talked to both sets of parents found out who was going to be at the Holiday events they were going to, and gave them Holiday cards with the save the date in it.  Then we mail Christmas cards with save the dates to anyone our parents weren’t going to see.  It saved us a lot on postage and got our hold on the date, so we wouldn’t have to worry about anyone not knowing.

Post # 16
85 posts
Worker bee

I plan to send mine out in early November- I don’t want them to get mixed up with the Holiday cards! 🙂

The topic ‘May 2011 Date – when do we send Save the Dates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors