(Closed) May 2011 what to do?

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You definitely can..i got engaged 9 months before the date we decided on..I made a monthly calendar to do list and its worked out fine…I really haven’t felt frantic or like I wouldn’t get stuff done!

Post # 4
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Haha, I definitely feel the same way!  Everyone who posts on the Bee seems so far ahead in the planning.  I’m following a checklist I got in a book my girlfriends got me, and just keep telling myself they are ahead instead of me being behind. 🙂

Don’t worry!  You’ll get everything done!

Post # 5
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oh gosh I am in the same boat! We’ve been patting ourselves on the back for finding a location and haven’t done a single thing since…and that was 3 mos.  ago….

But, the e-party and e-pics are a great start I think! That means you have at the very least a rough idea of a guest list and a photogrpaher (or at least, what kind of photos you want)–and that’s nothing to sneeze at. You will do just fine! Good luck!

Post # 6
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It also depends on what you want and where you will have it. In Houston the two most famous Catholic churches are already booked 1.5 years ago but my venue was pretty open as of last month and so was my photograher and musician.

Post # 7
1254 posts
Bumble bee

So. much. more. to. do…. so far we’ve booked a venue and ordered Save the Date cards. I have a dress but might change my mind about it. I designed my invitations but won’t be ordering those for another few months. Next up is booking the photographer and caterer.

Post # 8
1641 posts
Bumble bee

You can, but you need to get going. Depending on what is availabile in your area, you should start seeking out venues for your ceremony/ reception, and you should be looking at photos of dresses you think you might like. Make an appointment or two at some shops.

You’re fine for right now, but I can tell you it took me 3 months just to get my dress in, and I had an issue with the place we were having the ceremony and now have to pick another place. So, you want to have a little extra time for any glitches that might arise.

Post # 9
2867 posts
Sugar bee

I feel like I’m planning too early!  I mean, I know exactly what I want every step (except tuxes and dress) of the way but I haven’t actually bought/booked the items.  I know what invitations, Save-The-Date Cards, wedding bands, honeymoon, church booked, what restaurant we want our reception to be at, photographer etc.  The dress situation is still questionable and we still need to get best man and Fiance into a tux shop, but when am I supposed to do that?  I also need to figure out where I want to get my cake done.

Post # 10
384 posts
Helper bee

I feel like I’m right where I’d like to be with the planning stuff. . . but get really tired of friends and co-workers telling me I have plenty of time.  We’re under 10 months.  We’re under 300 days.  That’s not a lot of time.  It’s enough that I don’t need to be stressing (and I’m not) but it’s not enough that I can just sit back and do nothing.

I think you’re totally in a good place with your planning.  I’d start looking at some of the various wedding check lists and just start marking things off. 

I felt way more comfortable once I got my venues booked.

Post # 11
3295 posts
Sugar bee

i have the venues, ceremony and reception booked, officiant is taken care of, photog booked, dj booked, catering is in the works, i still need to get my guest list finalized and my dress… those are some of the big things… i feel like in doin okay:)

Post # 12
14445 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I sure hope it can all be done in 9 months!  I haven’t booked anything yet.  I’m still looking for a venue, I have an idea of which photographer I want, but I know *nothing* about anything else.  And I was hoping to DIY just about everything else to save money.  I’ll also be away on vacation for 6 weeeks between now and then so I won’t get to be working on any of those diy projects.. aaahhh!!

Post # 13
690 posts
Busy bee

Don’t feel like you are behind! We live in NJ where all of the locations and best vendors get snapped up fast since NJ is so (over)populated. So, we booked the venue, photographer, DJ, etc. over a year in advance.

The topic ‘May 2011 what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors