(Closed) May 2012 Brides! First alterations appt…

posted 6 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I had my first one a few weeks ago, and my next one is in mid-March.  I want to have everything done by the weekend of my bridal shower which is on April 14th. That way my mom, all my maids and Future Sister-In-Law who will be in town for the party will be able to come to the alterations place, see me in the dress and we can take it home w/us that day 🙂 I have it all planned out but it might not work as perfectly as I hope, but fingers crossed :-S I also started on the early side b/c my dress is a sample and I need to allocate some time to get it professionally cleaned after it’s altered.

Post # 4
Hostess
11167 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I am going in tomorrow to try it on with my veil that JUST came in *SQUEEEEEE*. I am also testing the poofiness to see if I want a hoop skirt.

My actualy alterations appointment is on March 29th.

Post # 5
875 posts
Busy bee

I am having my first fitting March 24! Is that way late?

Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee

I had my first fitting last Saturday and have my next one scheduled for April 21. She said that’s the last time I have to change in weight so I signed up for a 5k a week later to ensure I keep up with my fitness 😛

Post # 7
600 posts
Busy bee

my first fitting is March 3rd for a May 5th wedding…. I dont know if I am going to get a second fitting, my bridal store seemed confused when i asked about the second… :S

Post # 9
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

My first fitting is March 8th.  I’m modifying my neckline along with the regular alterations.  I have to figure out what I’m wearing underneath by then- and of course lose a few more lbs. 🙂

Post # 10
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@JBing:  what kind of modification to your neckline? I want to modify mine, but I don’t know how hard it would be because of the boning etc.

Post # 11
4755 posts
Honey bee

I finished mine in January.

Post # 12
2808 posts
Sugar bee

My first fitting is March 15th and we will schedule the 2nd one after the fact. It’s starting to get exciting ladies!

Post # 13
241 posts
Helper bee

My first fitting/alterations will be April 4th.  I can’t wait.  My dress will be here next week!

Post # 14
875 posts
Busy bee

@MrsCarnival:  Yes it is! I’m so excited! I haven’t even tried on my dress since I first got it, so I wouldn’t ruin it haha

Post # 15
2808 posts
Sugar bee

@Mrs.Sunflower:  You have a stonger will than me. I went and tried on my whole ensemble when my shoes came in because I “needed to make sure it all worked.” More like I just wanted to try on my dress lol.

Post # 16
842 posts
Busy bee

I just booked my appointment for Saturday.  I’m kind of nervous!  I’ve lost about 20 pounds since October and would like to lose more.  The seamstress said that we’ll have a few appointments, so she can start now on something like the bustle, and it won’t matter if I lose weight because we’ll have another appointment or 2 later.

I’ve had dresses altered before and they never came out good.  The seamstress got really good reviews on Yelp, so I’m really keeping my fingers crossed that this is better. 

The topic ‘May 2012 Brides! First alterations appt…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors