(Closed) May 2012 Brides: May To-Do List

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 4
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

may 21 and i am done done done met with my pastor lat night went over all the detaols  have all i can do to stop from putting on my dress

Post # 5
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

No May to do list 🙂  I have my venue and photographer, and plenty of ideas, but I’m just taking it easy.  The next thing I’ll do is buy my dress this summer, and then I’ll book my caterer/baker/floral and so on… but nothing more for a little while.

Post # 6
4755 posts
Honey bee

I’ve done quite a bit already: have dress, bought Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, booked venue, booked photograher and had engagement session, booked church and officiant, made tentative guestlist, booked DJ, bought material to make table runners, have shoes and most jerwlery.

Next up for May the 1 year out mark: Florist… I want to meet her when flowers are in season so see what we can get at this time of year.

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee

We would really like to book our florist this month; we’re getting married Mother’s Day weekend, and realized we should lock in our first choice since most florists told us they’d only take 1 or 2 weddings that weekend. And I’d love to get my dress this month–I’m going to the Kleinfeld blowout sale in New York in a few days, so fingers crossed I find something there!

Post # 8
278 posts
Helper bee

We’ve booked venues and I bought my dress already, but other than a full binder of inspirational ideas, that’s it. May’s going to be really crazy for us (travelling for work, FI’s starting a new job, and we’re moving in a couple weeks), so I’m thinking we’re going to take a break this month for the most part. The only thing on my list is we’re going to meet with a potential DJ. 

Post # 9
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Wow! Everyone has done so much! I feel a little behind. All I have done so far is buy my dress, have engagement photos. I already have my officiant lined up (which is going to be my FI’s pastor aunt from Hawaii, so it’s really special to us) and have my photographer (who is FI’s uncle, who lives in SCarolina. 

In June though I’m having a meeting with the venue about pricing and having a little bridal luncheon that they wil ldecorate like they would a wedding so you get the feel of it. I’m already dead set, so now we’re just going over details. =]

Anywho, I guess that I need to get a lot of things done! Haha

Post # 11
2192 posts
Buzzing bee

Done is booking the venue and photographer.  Asked my cousin who is the guitarist for Tabi and the Tomcats to play during the ceremony. 🙂  Found bridesmaid dresses, pattern, fabric, trim, seamstress.  Asked 90% of the bridal party.  We have a list of friendors dj, videographer lined up.  Took STD/engagement photos. Have powerpoints full of ideas for the ceremony, reception, bridal party, etc.

For the next month my to-do list is to finalize the guest list, buy fabric for the bridesmaid dresses, do a trial run of DIY flowers since peonies will be in season and finish our crazy STDs which are 90% done!  Just need to cut out numbers, string them, glue the mini envelope on, sealed, stamped and addressed and put in a mailbox!  Piece of cake right? 

Post # 12
8 posts
Newbee

Got my dress at the blowout sale! I don’t think Say Yes to the Dress was filming yesterday, so you won’t be seeing me on the show, but I’m in love with my dress! 🙂

Post # 13
659 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

OMG in may last year i was barely booking my venue, after 6 months of undecisiveness. i was also looking for a photographer… didn’t get one till august… 8 months later of loooking. and i started looking for a dress in may. you are fine and ahead of the game. my wedding is in 25 days now. AAAAH!

Post # 14
3182 posts
Sugar bee

I had to check in to see how behind I was!  So far I have the venue, the photographer, and the rehearsal dinner venue booked.  Oh and the makeup person.  Which upon reflection, seems random.  This month I want to start working with our caterer on the menu and decor stuff that they handle, and maybe look at bands/DJ.  And block the hotels, I am a litte worried about that over Memorial Day weekend. 

Post # 15
110 posts
Blushing bee

@toshella: well so far i have bought my dress, started looking into venues, we have decided on the reception hall but still working on finding a church for the ceremony, i have started my bling charger centerpieces and my pomanders, working on the save the dates, started getting stuff for my niece who is my miniature bride. last month i took a hiatus from weddnig planning…

so this month i hope to find a caterer, photographer, decide on bridesmaid dresses, and my second dress dress for the reception, finish the other half of my pomanders and put them in storage for now. find shoes, and material to use for the ribbon in corset for my something blue on my wedding dress. and so many other things that i know that i am so forgetting right now..

Post # 16
410 posts
Helper bee

DONE:

Venue booked

Dress ordered

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered

DJ booked

Cake ordered

Wedding Rings purchased

Flower girl buckets made

Ring Bearer Pillow

Cake Topper made

Current priority:

Church

Photographer

Videographer

I can’t wait to get the big stuff out of the way so I can concentrate on the details

The topic ‘May 2012 Brides: May To-Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors