(Closed) MAY 2012 BRIDES:WHATS ON YOUR MARCH TO DO LIST

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We booked our church and reception venue a couple weeks ago. So, we’re narrowing in on photographers. I promised my Fiance we could take a break after we decide on that…but I’m already starting to search for other things 🙂

I’m thinking about starting the Card Box and getting some things for our centerpieces to do a mock up. I have my STD’s designed, we just need our engagement pictures to be taken so I can insert one/print/assemble.

I think we’re going to look at some bridesmaid dresses just to make sure we know the colors. I know what I like, but I don’t know if it will look right on the girls (so I’ll test it out on my Maid/Matron of Honor first) and I’m not sure how it will look in our venue.

Post # 4
3182 posts
Sugar bee

Well I just got my venue booked today!  Next up is setting up a meeting with the caterer and getting a photographer. Hopefully I can get those done this month. 

Post # 5
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Well we’re finally getting my ring back this week! I dropped it off to be set a week ago (changed the center stone.) Also, we’re going to start looking at venues. We have one set for the end of the month.

I’m thinking about “officially” asking my bridal party, but I still feel like it’s really early. We basically have it picked out 100% and I want to ask, but I’m afraid of the whole “things will change in a year” concept.

Post # 7
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We booked our Venue about a month ago. We just narrowed down our color scheme last night actually (only because I keep changing my mind lol ) , I have found the most amazing decoration ideas for the venue , I have some cake inspiration pictures, We have chosen our wedding party which includes 10 attendants, 1 junior bridesmaid, 1 flower girl, 2 little ushers, 1 ring bearer and then of course us lol. So, that’s a wedding party of 17 ! I’m nuts lol

We are just taking our time and enjoying being engaged and doing the planning as we get to it.

Post # 8
4755 posts
Honey bee

This month we’ll book our church, and minister.

Also getting close to book our engagement session. Whats included in that is making sure my custom chinese dress is good, and fits and shoes to match. Finalizing and making sure my makeup artist is what I like it to be.

Also getting close to meeting with DJ’s and co ordinating a live muscian to play acoustic guitar her rendition of “here comes the bride”.

Post # 9
217 posts
Helper bee

Tomorrow is my first Dress shopping experience! I’m super picky about clothing (I need to try everything I might like on before deciding on buying it) and my sister is home for spring break and I really wanted her to join me this first time so I’m starting my dress shopping 1 year and 2 months before the wedding LOL! Suprisingly I’m kind of nervous, a nervous excited  though!

Post # 10
278 posts
Helper bee

We’ve put a hold on our venue (they don’t allow ‘official bookings’ before a year out), and I’ve asked all 3 of my girls to be my maids.  That’s all that’s confirmed as of yet. I’m in the research phase of things with everything else; i.e. I have my eye on a photog, makeup artist, invites, etc but am still looking into all my options before booking. Oh, and I have dress appointments scheduled for next weekend when my mom is in town; that’s one thing I don’t want to wait on!

Post # 11
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Okay so general question: Who has and has not asked wedding party members? Am I the only one being weird about asking so early? haha.

Post # 12
3182 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve asked a couple of people from the wedding party, I still have to ask 2 more.  I probably will soon, for some reason it makes me feel awkward, haha.  I don’t think it’s that early, I want to make sure they have the date available since it’s Memorial Day.

Post # 13
4755 posts
Honey bee

You’re not “weird” but how come you don’t know? Are you deciding betwee 2 girls vs 7? Basically I’ve known for nearly 5 years that they would stand beside me. I knew I didn’t want a large party either. So to both me and Fiance it was a no brainer.

Post # 14
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@vmec: Really it’s “Do I want the fourth one or not?” Fiance has 4 guys in mind, I have 3 for-sures and 1 maybe. I guess I just want to do it all at the same time. My Maid/Matron of Honor knows that she’ll be Maid/Matron of Honor, but the other two just sort of know. The possible number 4 has been acting kind of sketchy lately. I’m totally okay with just having 3 and having different numbers, but I guess I’d like to do it all at once.

Post # 15
123 posts
Blushing bee

@DIYDIVABRIDE2012:

We just put the deposits down on the church and reception venue. SO happy we did that early since this places evidently book up really fast. I’ve started some of my diy projects and those seem to be coming together. It’s really nice to not feel so rushed with everything and have time to figure all this out. Hopefully this week we can start to put together a guest list. 

So nervous about dress shopping!!!! Maybe in April, lol.

Post # 16
217 posts
Helper bee

I was really nervous about dress shopping but I pulled myself together and had an incredible time! I tried on around 10 dresses, including Isadora and Isadora Marie which I thought would be the ONE but it wasn’t. I do have 1 very strong contender in Farnes by Pronovias, a dress that is very diffrent than the style I originally was looking for. My mom asked me to try it on just for fun and after just putting it on I completely fell in LOVE! So I think I have a winner but I’m going to wait until August to return to the bridal salon and ask to try on dresses more similar to Farnes and then try it on again, just to be sure.

The topic ‘MAY 2012 BRIDES:WHATS ON YOUR MARCH TO DO LIST’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors