(Closed) May 2012… When are you sending your invites and asking for RSVPs?

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

good question…. yes when!?

Post # 4
116 posts
Blushing bee

We are sending out our invites around the end of January (we just sent out our STD’s at the beggining of this month). We will ask for RSVP’s to be sent back by The end of March. This will give us time to get a head count and confirm numbers with the venues, food, etc.

Post # 5
278 posts
Helper bee

Leaning toward a similar timeline as FutureMrs.tSa; sending out the invites first full week in Feb and having RSVPs due back March 26.  FI wants to send them out in Jan since we didn’t do Save-The-Date Cards, but I think this timeline should be early enough.

Post # 6
26 posts
Newbee

I’m May 27th and I just sealed my STD’s in their envelopes today.  (I’m missing 5 addresses from my FI’s side so I’m waiting on him to give me the last couple) and I was hoping to take them to the post office next week at the latest.  

Didn’t think too much of the invitations until now but because it is a holiday weekend, I’m wondering if I should send them out in January too and give people more time to figure out what they are doing that weekend (coming to my wedding or going to a BBQ 🙂 

I would think sending them out Jan/Feb would be a good time to send them out.  Not too sure when then venue needs to know the final head count… maybe check with your venue to see when they need the final numbers and go from there.  You never know if your venue needs them sooner than others.  

Post # 7
381 posts
Helper bee

I am planning to send out Save-The-Date Cards at the end of OCT and the Invites Mid March. 

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee

STD’s went out last month for ours as we have a large amount of travelers in our wedding guestlist.  Most of them already knew the date and location so the STD’s were just a lovely reminder for them now we are half-way to the wedding day.  Already got a surprise 3 RSVP’s on our website (my FH set it up and SURPRISE the RSVP was available and we got a few already Laughing). We plan to mail out the invites near the end of January with a mid-March RSVP date to give us a chance to plan the weekend, deal with extra RSVP’s and make sure everything is ordered on time.   

Post # 9
15 posts
Newbee

We’re sending out our invites in the middle of Feb and asking for RSVPs in the middle of April.

Post # 10
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

2.5 months early and 1 month early

Post # 11
16 posts
Newbee

I hadn’t thought about this until I saw this thread! 

our wedding is early may (1st saturday) soooo i’m thinking i’m going to send them out by the end of jenuary or early feb and request them back by mid-april. ? idk, is that a good timeframe??

Post # 12
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Since mine is a “destination” sort of wedding, and I have to buy tickets for everyone coming. They have a block of seats set off for me. Up to 100. And I have to buy them by April. So… March 15th is they have to be back by then. And that gives me a little over a week to track everyone down. 

SN: my wedding is at a baseball field so.

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee

I was thinking about this today, I am planning for a May 19th wedding (If I find a venue). If I go for that date I am sending invites probably mid-February to March 1st and asking RSVP by April 1st (No Foolin’!) So I have a month and a half to work out details and get scragglers.

Post # 14
4755 posts
Honey bee

Mine are going by email…

Plan is to send them out mid Febuary, and RSVP requested back for late March. I do plan to send out a round of B list invites should I have declines.

Post # 15
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m thinking send in the beginning of March and due one month before the wedding.

Post # 16
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

I’m following traditional guidelines- 6-8 weeks before the wedding, and going with 8 since it’s a holiday weekend.  So my May 26th wedding invites are going out the week of March 26th.  I personally don’t understand the super-early sending of invites- that’s what a save the date is for, right?  Anyone I didn’t send a S-T-D to I’m okay only giving them 2 months notice.  And I’d like the responses 2-3 wks out from the wedding.

The topic ‘May 2012… When are you sending your invites and asking for RSVPs?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors