(Closed) May 2012… When are you sending your invites and asking for RSVPs?

posted 9 years ago in May 2012
Post # 32
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Mine is a destination wedding (very faraway for some, 13 hours direct flight, more if indirect) so we sent out our invitations a long time ago! Like.. in October! 😀 RSVPs expected by March 1st (wedding is in May). Almost everyone has sent theirs

Post # 33
1398 posts
Bumble bee

For our May 5th wedding, we are planning on sending our invites out on Mar 15. Everyone already received an STD at Christmas, so it shouldn’t really take anyone by surprise. 91 days to go!!

Post # 34
1445 posts
Bumble bee

I think I’m going to send them out mid March and have an RSVP date for April 20th.

Post # 35
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

An update, since everything is printed now and there’s no turning back:  

May 26th wedding:

invites going out March 19th (9wks b4 the wedding) and RSVPs due by April 27th (4wks b4 the wedding)

I’m handing over our envelopes to the calligrapher today so the guest list has to be FINAL final- why is that so nerve-racking??

Post # 36
88 posts
Worker bee

May 19th wedding:

Invites are going out around February 24th (12 wks before wedding) and RSVPs are due April 13th (7 wks before wedding).  We have a lot of out of towners, so we wanted to get them out sooner than later. 

Post # 37
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@zagora:  We actually picked a later day for that reason, we didn’t want people to have too much time!! We already sent STD’s to anyone that we had to have there (a list) so those people have had plenty of time to book flights and hotels and make any necessary arrangements. Thanks for looking out, though 🙂

Post # 38
104 posts
Blushing bee

Invites went out two weeks ago, requesting RSVPs by March 31. That said, RSVP cards have been trickiing in since last week.

Post # 39
820 posts
Busy bee

Invites are going out at the end of this week, with a response date of April 6th. We have quite a few Out of Town guests invited so we wanted to give them time to plan if they are going to attend. Yay for May brides!!!

Post # 40
1746 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@JBing:  My schedule is similar. I put RSVP at May 1st for a rounder number.

Sending to a calligrapher would make me nervous too! It’s hard to give over the reigns.

Post # 41
4 posts
Wannabee

May 19th wedding – Sending out invites March 9th and requesting April 21st reply.

Post # 42
781 posts
Busy bee

May 26th wedding, Sending out invites Mid-March, and RSVP date of april 15th.  And I assume there’ll be late RSVPs so I’d rather have an earlier date.

Post # 43
104 posts
Blushing bee

Our wedding is May 12. We are sending out out invitations by the end of this week, and we ask for a reply by April 21. Then we have a good three weeks before the wedding to make final calls to those who may not have responded by then as well as giving our caterer and cake baker time for a final number.

Post # 44
77 posts
Worker bee

My wedding is May 26. I am sending out invitations in 2 weeks. I am asking people to RSVP by April 20th. If I get a lot of No’s, I will send out more invitations to our parent’s friends (that sounds so bad).

Post # 45
68 posts
Worker bee

Our date is May 11 and we sent out invitations just after Valentines Day. We didn’t do save the dates and we have a lot of out of town people, so we wanted to give people a lot of time to get travel plans together if they needed to. 

We’ve asked for a reply by May 1, because we don’t need to give final numbers to anyone until 3 days before. I’ll probably call people around tax day if we haven’t heard from them.

I love getting reply cards back though. I love how many people have written notes in the margins or added thier own commentary. (My FI’s aunt underlined “with pleasure” and added exlimation points. She’s the cutest high energy woman and I can just see how excited she is.)

Post # 46
77 posts
Worker bee

@TheLadyK it’s been about 2 weeks since you sent out your invitations. How many responses have you gotten back yet?

The topic ‘May 2012… When are you sending your invites and asking for RSVPs?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors