(Closed) May 2012

posted 7 years ago in May 2012
Post # 3
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I, personally, wouldn’t want to have my wedding the same weekend as a holiday. Esp being that close to a big city. 

Post # 4
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I would still do it memorial day cause im not the hugest fan of Sunday weddings and would love that there is a day off after.  Just inform people that there will be traffic and to pad their travel time; they will plan accordingly.  I dont think it’s worth changing your date over.

Post # 5
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m planning a Memorial Day weekend wedding so I say go for it!

Post # 6
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Our wedding is tentatively May 26, 2012 and that is Memorial Day weekend so I say go for it!  In the end, it’s your wedding so do what you want to do…. but you could talk it over with the “most-important-have-to-be-there-wedding-can’t-happen-without-them” people and see if they would be ok with Memorial Day weekend.  That’s what we did.  Hope this helps 🙂

Post # 7
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We’re doing the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, too! And I’m from right outside of DC, so I’m sure there will be lots going on trafficwise too. I figured I’ll just send out my Save-The-Date Cards early and let everyone know to plan accordingly… I know everyone I’ve told so far loves the idea of having the Monday off afterwards. Smile

Post # 9
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i am getting married Sunday 13th May.   its a very special date to me.  would have been my mums birthday,  is actually my sisters birthday,  and also it was the date that i had Breast Cancer removed,  so it is like my new birthday too……i didnt care what day of the week it fell on,  it HAD  to be the 13th May…..i am getting married on a Olu Deniz beach in Turkey. 

The topic ‘May 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors