(Closed) May 2014 Babies!! Am I really pregnant??

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

March mama popping in to say congrats and good luck to you May mamas!!

@scootied:  I hope the spotting/bleeding meant nothing! Thinking of you!

Post # 33
863 posts
Busy bee

Due Date: May 11th

Cycles trying (if applicable): 4th

Symptoms so far: pinching in left ovary region, sore boobs, nausea, bleeding gums, strong averison to feta cheese

First doctors appointment: Tuesday (since it is a long weekend here)

Most excited for: baby cuddles and a belly I can rest my tea on, and feeling movement

Most nervous about: Miscarriage,

Hoping for a boy or girl: honestly a boy

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: wine. Dammit I LOVE wine.

Possible names: Joseph, Ella

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re  spouses? I’m a SSA in the travel industry, husband is in law enforcement.

SOOO excited for everyone!!!

Post # 34
225 posts
Helper bee

Hey May mamas! Just popping in to say that I got a very strong positive on Friday at 13dpo, but I think I’ll wait at least til I miss my period or maybe even confirm at the doctor’s office to officially join your board with a roll call. But I’m excited to join you all!!

Post # 35
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

Due Date: May 9, 2014

Cycles trying (if applicable): 2, I got pregnant the first but had a chemical

Symptoms so far: Sore boobs, peeing 1-2x in the middle of the night , extreme fatigue, hungry, just starting to get queasy, heightened sense of smell

First doctors appointment: was August 28, first U/S is September 17

Most excited for: getting a bump, and then becoming a mom

Most nervous about: becoming a mom!

Hoping for a boy or girl: ehh either way, but I don’t think I want to find out

What will you miss most over the next 9 months: Coffee, then wine

Possible names: Charles for a boy, Adeline or Julia for a girl

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re spouses? I teach preschool and he is a music teacher

Post # 36
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Due DateTBD

Cycles trying (if applicable): First cycle NTNP

Symptoms so far: Sore boobs mostly. A little bit of neausea 

First doctors appointment: I’ll be calling in the morning to make it!

Most excited for: Everything. I’m very excited about the whole process!

Most nervous about: Keeping my big mouth shut until after the wedding (less then 2 weeks) and then, how our spoiled little dog will react to having a ”little sibbling” 

Hoping for a boy or girl: Girl. But as long as our baby is healthy, it doesn’t matter!

What will you miss most over the next 9 month: Freedom to do the activities I please, or not concern myself with what medications I can’t take!

Possible names: None yet

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re spouses? I work in a shoe store, and he works on computers for Head Office of a big Canadian retailer. (Dont want to give away too many personal details!)

I JUST POAS today. So I’m very newly excited. I WAS on cycle day 41 though… So I guess I didn’t need to POAS to know. 

Post # 37
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

How is everyone feeling?  I am feeling pretty darn pregnant! Which is exciting to me.  I find the nausea reassuring even if it makes it hard to function!  I have am ultrasound on Monday so I’ll roll call after I know everything is going well.  

Post # 38
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Still scared and nervous.  Had cramps last week and that freaked me out!  Not having a ton of other symptoms as of yet, just tired and sore.  I have a doctor´s appt on Tuesday, excited for that as I feel I´ll be able to relax a little after that maybe Sealed  Hope everyone else is doing great!

Post # 39
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Due Date: May 9th

Cycles trying (if applicable): 3

Symptoms so far: sore boobs, occasionally feeling like there are jolts of electricity going through my nipples (is it just me?), nose like a Bloodhound (the roasted chicken at the grocery, which normally makes my mouth water, smelled like something dead), mild low cramps, tired

First doctors appointment: Sonogram scheduled for September 25th!

Most excited for: right now? Seeing the heartbeat.

Most nervous about: getting through the first trimester – it’s still really early and I know the statistics.

Hoping for a boy or girl: Since it will be our first, I really don’t care. Next time I’ll have a preference : )

What will you miss most over the next 9 months: Hmm. I don’t know. I’m still eating sushi (low-mercury, and most in the U.S. is flash frozen to kill parasites) and I will be having a glass of wine/week later in pregnancy (it’s fine with my doc, and I’ve read the studies in countries where it is more common). So what will I miss? I guess I won’t be missing much!

Possible names: Aurelia for a girl, Hawkins for a boy (family name)

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and your spouse’s? I’m a (public) librarian and my husband is in corporate fitness.

Post # 40
4176 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Congrats to all of us! I just found out this morning (peed on 3 sticks to be sure).

Due Date: May 11, 2014

Cycles trying (if applicable): 18+ (ended up doing IUI 3 rounds)

Symptoms so far: none, surprisingly

First doctors appointment: not sure yet

Most excited for: a sibling for my 6 year old son

Most nervous about: c-section (my first was by csec)

Hoping for a boy or girl: girl!

What will you miss most over the next 9 months: vodka and limeade

Possible names: kira for a girl, nathan for a boy

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re spouses? banking and accounting

Post # 41
4176 posts
Honey bee

@PoppyH:  we have the same due date!!! 

Post # 42
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

@HayleyJane:  EDD twin! Congrats!

Post # 43
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Due Date: May 14, 2014

Cycles trying (if applicable): 6, sort of, we have been off birth control for 6 months but the 6th cycle was the first time using OPK’s.

Symptoms so far: Bloating, GI issues/bubbles pain, hot flashes, boobs feel like someone used them as a punching bag. 

First doctors appointment: At only 4 weeks and zero days, I’ve only seen my GP, still searching for an OB, planning to hopefully get an appt at 8-10 weeks.

Most excited for: Experiencing pregnancy, finding out the sex.

Most nervous about: Getting through the first trimester Getting everything we need, possibly needing to move before baby arrives, and exactly how things will go once he/she arrives.

Hoping for a boy or girl: We both would like a girl first, but it’s not really up to us!

What will you miss most over the next 9 months: Wine, oh lord..wine. 

Possible names: We have discussed merging both our ethnicities into a spanish first name, polynesian middle, european last, in a way that isn’t crazy..but no specifics decided yet. 

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re spouses? I am a nurse, new grad and my hubs is a wherehouse worker and driver. 

Post # 44
225 posts
Helper bee

Due Date: May 4 based on average cycles, but my cycles are longer than average.  May 11 by my own calculations — that’s Mother’s Day!

Cycles trying (if applicable): this was our 2nd

Symptoms so far:  Breast tenderness, some light dizziness/nausea.

First doctors appointment: September 23.  The practice I’m going to go to won’t see patients until they’re 8 weeks along.

Most excited for: the whole thing, honestly.  We are absolutely over the moon!

Most nervous about: miscarriage, I guess, if I had to pick something.  We’re mostly just excited!

Hoping for a boy or girl: boy, if I had my choice, but of course we’ll be thrilled either way.

What will you miss most over the next 9 months: Definitely wine!

Possible names: not yet. 

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and your spouse’s: I am not currently employed because we just moved back to the states after an overseas assignment for my husband, who’s a diplomat, but I’m an event planner by trade.

Post # 45
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

EDD May 16th here!  Holding off on the roll call for a bit, but I hope to have a H&H 9 months with all of you lovely ladies!

Post # 46
4176 posts
Honey bee

@diplomatswife:  Hello there, due date twin! That’s awesome that it’s mother’s day!

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!! Am I really pregnant??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors