(Closed) May 2013 Babies Part 2

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 227
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Wonderstruck:  I was inspired by other folks’ Too Much Information.  I made sure to get DH taken care of last night and I have to say it was mighty enjoyable for me too. 😉

View original reply
@luli29:  I am also wearing the exact same bras.  I think for me the lack of boob increase is related to the weight loss.  I’ve lost 8 lbs so I imagine some of that straight fat came out of my boobs.  I must add though that my nips are definitely more veiny.

View original reply
@mrs_starfish:  -8lbs and I am 11weeks 3 days.  I’ve been eating significantly more healthy, puking whenever I over eat and making sure to get cardio in at least 5 times a week.  I was a big over eater and boozer before I got pregnant so losing weight makes sense for me.

@Wonderstruck:  I was tickled pink with your post about Mexican food!!  I just got back from the texas yesterday.  I ate so. many. tacos. while I was visiting family.  I know exactly what you mean about paying for it later when over indulging in food.  I ate so many migas knowing damn well what would happen.  They were just so, so good and I was so terribly hungry. 

I have my NT scan in one week from today.  Trying not to lose my mind over the next week!!!

Post # 228
1897 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@peanuthead:  

well I have gained weight, but Boobs are pretty much the same. I’m jealous that your -8. Hmph! It doesn’t help that I don’t workout….I’m scared to, because of my SCH.
Well, my NT scan is Tuesday, and I see the doc after, so I will ask about working out. 11 weeks today…Woot!

Post # 229
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@daybyday:  I’ve been taking warm baths, only submerging up to my waist and keeping the bathroom door open to keep the room cooler.  My doc (and everything I’ve read) states that as long as you feel like your body temp is staying relatively normal, baths are ok 🙂  I’ve also heard that people will naturally want to get out of the bath when their internal temp starts to rise (you know that feeling that you’re suffocating cause it’s too hot like in a hot tub?) So I’ve been taking them but I’m careful.  I also don’t stay in for more than 20 mins at a time

Post # 230
195 posts
Blushing bee

@Margaritachka:  yes I’ve noticed this a little.  I’m bursting out of my bras, like they’re not even covering me anymore but I refuse to buy anything until I hit the 12 week mark…I’m at 9.5 now.

Post # 231
195 posts
Blushing bee

So I found out recently that I won’t get my first ultrasound until 18 weeks.  I’m weirdly paranoid about ym pregnancy.  I have a gut feeling that something might not be right but everyone is telling me I’m being “crazy.” I have only half of the symptoms I had at first and it makes me nervous.  I know symptoms come and go and it’s different for every woman.  I have no reason other than this to feel this way (i.e no bleeding or cramping etc.). 

My question is…I’m 9w4d today and in 2.5 weeks will be at the point where I can be sharing my good news with the world.  However, without having an u/s to ease my fears, I’m nervous about sharing in case something is wrong.  What should I do?

Post # 232
168 posts
Blushing bee

@laceandpearls10:  Omg… I would be “crazy” too… that’s like torture!  Are they giving a reason why you are to wait that long??  I know that it can vary by region of the country too.  I have already had one to date the pregnancy, having an N/T scan in 2 weeks and will have the gender scan at 20 weeks.  A friend of mine who lives in Vermont said she didn’t have her first u/s until 20 weeks!  While I’m sure everything is fine, I’m just intrigued by the reasons they give you to wait.

Is that all that insurance will cover, perhaps?

Post # 233
195 posts
Blushing bee

@Mrs.GtoBe:  the only thing I can think of is that I’m in Canada.  From what I’ve heard this is normal for us?  I also went and got my bloodwork done last Friday – I’m not sure whether or not to call the office and ask if everything was ok or if I can assume they’d call me if something was “off” like my HCG or something?  I don’t have my next appt until Nov 6

Post # 234
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@laceandpearls10:  I don’t know if I could handle not getting an ultrasound until 18 weeks! It seems so far away. I meet with the OB for the first time tomorrow so I’m going to see what she recommends as far as ultrasounds and maybe see if I can schedule an NT scan – because I want an ultrasound, like yesterday. Once I can see for myself that there’s a real baby in there, I’ll be a lot more comfortable sharing my news with friends and extended family.

Post # 235
195 posts
Blushing bee

@iheartnerds:  well I’m nothandling it very well let me tell you.  I actually feel kind of disconnected from my pregnancy and it makes me feel horrible.  Peole keep asking how I’m feeling and I want to cry because other than a huge chest, some acne and occasional bouts of nausea (although none in almost 2 weeks) I feel nothing.  I’m not even bloated anymore, and I used to be up all night with insomnia and now I’m sleeping through the night…I feel the same way I have for 31 years basically!

Post # 236
195 posts
Blushing bee

I did a quick google search on ultrasounds in Ontario and a few articles came up about surveys and studies stating that women are receiving to many ultrasounds in their pre-natal care.  I also read an article from the College of Physicians in Ontario stating that all physicians have a “code” to adhere to that states if a woman wants an u/s for anything that’s not medically related that a doctor cannot in good faith with the medical system order one for the patient.  SO this would be say for a gender scan or for a picture of your baby.  Hmm, ok fair enough but does that mean I have to wait until 18 weeks? Did my doc just pick an arbitrary date or can I get one at 12 weeks like I always thought?  Argh! What about in cases of extreme anxiety?

Post # 237
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@laceandpearls10:  I am sorry you are feeling this way… I know how it feels.  I am sorry.

Just an update to you ladies!  I had my first appt today!  A lot of the appt was questions, and more questions, and than a vaginal exam, and then she let my DH and I hear the heartbeat!  It was awesome!  It almost sounds like a little cho-cho train, going so fast!  We don’t get to have an ultra-sound till about 14 weeks, so that kind of stinks, but I am looking forward to it.  Also, I have gained about 4 lbs, so if anyone is feeling bad about gaining already, don’t!  It’s normal.  I am 10w1d today!  Also, my nausa is so much better lately, hoping it stays that way!  Hope you ladies are doing great!

Post # 239
195 posts
Blushing bee

sorry for over-posting but I wanted to update….

I found out through babycenter that if I choose the pre-natal screening (forget what it’s called but the one where they measure the neck for Down’s Syndrome) I’ll get my u/s earlier. She told me 18 weeks because I originally said I wasn’t sure if I wanted it…so I guess I have my answer/loophole.  FWIW I was planning on doing at least the first test anyways but didn’t realize they bump up your u/s date because it has to be done between 11-12 weeks.

Post # 240
3260 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@laceandpearls10:  My SIL did the genetic testing with her kids so she could see them earlier on ultrasound :). Not a bad reason at all!

Post # 241
2051 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

@laceandpearls10:  Just FYI I think you’re talking about nuchal translucency and it can be done from 11w0d to 13w6d!

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors