(Closed) May 2013 Babies Part 2

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 332
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@Wonderstruck:  I am glad you and the  baby are okay, I hope you are feeling a bit better today.  

Post # 333
4801 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Today hasn’t been much better. I had to go for a follow up with my midwife, and was back in a lot of pain this morning. I’ve also been vomiting and unable to keep down the antibiotics I’m supposed to be taking. They’re worried that the uti could turn into a kidney infection (think I’m already close to that point), and kidney infections can be very dangerous to the baby. They pretty much want me on bed rest till the infection is gone, because being up and active tends to trigger my vomiting.

But I work retail, I’m the only person in my department training our new seasonal people and we’re coming up on our super busy time of the year. And my boss is on vacay so I’m supposed to be taking care of his stuff too. I don’t even know what they’ll do if I ask for this time off. DH and I had considered my staying home for a couple of years to take care of the baby and finish my degree – but that wasn’t going to happen till yearly a year from now, because we wanted to save up a bit more money, and our insurance is through my job.

I don’t know what we’re going to do. I feel like the whiniest person ever, but I just wish I was having an easier pregnancy. I’m only at 11wk4days, and I feel like I’ve already been dealing with so much.

Post # 334
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@Wonderstruck:  I am sorry you are feeling this way, and going through this stuff.  Do you have the PTO or vacation time?  If so, I would def just take it and get yourself better, you don’t want anything happening to the baby.  If not, it’s hard because I would say ask if you could work from home, but that’s not an option for you.  It doesn’t seem like you will be able to be on your feet all day like you were used too.  This is a tough situation, I am thinking about you, wishing things get better for you.

Post # 335
4801 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@Lovemyfuturehub:  Thanks…I have the vacay and personal time off, but we’re supposed to get time off requests approved three weeks in advance, and we’re not supposed to request them this time of year anyways. Generally my boss is pretty supportive, but when it comes to taking time off when my department is already super shorthanded…yeah. It’s not gonna go so well. Guess I’m just gonna wait for DH to get home and talk it over with him to see what we’re going to do.

Post # 336
29 posts
Newbee

Are you ladies going through with genetic testing for spina bifida, downs, etc.  MY insurance company isn’t covering them. What about you ladies? Any idea the ballpark of what the tests cost? Thanks In Advance

Post # 337
4581 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Wonderstruck:  So sorry to hear that you’re going through all this. I feel you on the job thing. Retail is a lot more stressful than many people realize, especially as we get closer to the holidays. Remember, your job is important, but not as important as the health and safety of baby and yourself.

View original reply
@MrsCofer:  I haven’t a clue what the various tests cost out of pocket. Our insurance is quite good for prenatal care so all my tests should be covered. I’m getting the NT scan for Downs and a blood test to see if I’m a carrier for cystic fibrosis.

Post # 338
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Wonderstruck: This sucks that there seems to be tons of pressure on you! I am in a similar circumstance, but we take it one day at a time. Like iheartnerds said, your health and that of your baby is more important than your job right now. You need to put your foot down at times for your betterment. Some places have a medical leave of absence. Is that an option? I am thinking about you and hoping that your employers are understanding. 🙂

Post # 339
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@MrsCofer:  I’ve already had my NT scan and bloodtests done. Um, as far as I know, insurance covers it. At least I hope so! 

Post # 340
4801 posts
Honey bee

Okay, one last update on my medical drama here. And you know how I said they were worried about kidney stones, but after like a million super uncomfortable and kinda painful ultrasounds they determined that wasn’t the cause? Yeah…well, I passed a kidney stone this morning. Hopefully that means it was the only one and if there were more they would have caught it. I feel slightly more prepared for labor now, haha, because OMG the pain was so intense but I just kept pushing because I felt like I needed to. But now it’s over, and if that was the problem rather than an infection I can stop stressing over keeping the antibiotics down and it getting worse. I have my next appointment with my midwife on Monday so guess I’ll find out then!

But to talk about something more fun…what’s everyone up to for Halloween? We’re passing out candy here, our old house never got trick or treaters so I’m excited that now we’re in a subdivision with lots of kids! And we’re having a Halloween party at my MIL’s Sunday…which I don’t really get since the only child that will be present is one and couldn’t care less, but whatever. But seeing all of the cute baby costumes definitely has me thinking about dressing up my little one next year! Obviously they’ll be too small for trick or treating (although my SIL will take the above-mentioned one year old, who can’t even say trick or treat, in a wagon and then eat all the candy, which I totally side-eye her for), but I’ll still dress them up just for the cuteness of it, haha. DH is obsessed with the little infant Yoda and Princess Leia costumes, and I’m a sucker for anything Disney, particularly little girls as Tinkerbell.

Post # 341
752 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsCofer:  Hi.  We did the NT scan + bloodwork.  I believe out of pocket for those things is around $250-$300.  The doctor told me at my next appointment at 16 weeks we’ll do the spina bifida testing.  As far as genetic testing, I don’t believe we are doing true genetic testing.  Due to me being bi-racial combined with my DH’s race and no family history of issues, there really didn’t seem to be much of a concern. 

View original reply
@Wonderstruck:  I’ve never had a stone and can only imagine how terrible it is.  I hope you start to feel better now that one is out of there. 

Can I have a pity party for myself?  I am so tired of throwing up and heaving.  I throw up if I eat, don’t eat, eat too late, eat too much, drink too much water, etc.  I eat when I am hungry and eat until I am full.  I am still not getting enough calories in.  If I’m lucky I might get 1600 in…some of which are probably puked up along the way. Plus I exercise regularly so that burns up some of my calories too.

The doctor prescribed me something for the pukes but it’s the drug with the constipation side effect.  I am afraid to take it because…well…let’s just say the same way Wonderstruck feels about needles is how I feel about being constipated. 

OK – thank you for allowing my pity party.  On a positive note, we are inviting DH’s parents over this evening to give them the big news.  I’m sure they are going to be thrilled 🙂

Post # 342
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Does anyone have any good recommendations for books for DH to read about pregnancy?  The funnier (but also realistic) the better!

Post # 343
752 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@laceandpearls10:  “Dude, You’re gonna be a dad!”  I’ve really enjoyed my DH reading this book.  It has prompted him asking a lot of questions and conversations between us.  It’s also nice when I bring up the word “Doula” he already knew what it was.

Post # 344
4801 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@peanuthead:  Yes! That’s the same book I got DH. Keeps his interest because it’s funny, but it does have a lot of good information without completely overloading him.

View original reply
@peanuthead:  You can totally have a pity party, I’ve had about 10 million of them so I completely understand! And not everyone experiences the constipation side effect I’d give the medicine a try…but if you really feel the same way about it as I do needles, yeah, I’d take constant puking over a possible needle jab. You’re about as far along as I am, hoping the first trimester thing is true and this doesn’t last much longer for either of us!

Post # 346
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@peanuthead:  Will you allow me a pity party for the opposite side of the spectrum?  I feel like I could eat ALL.THE.TIME. I’m not throwing up at all and this ravenous feeling is making me wish I were!  It’s ridiculous.  I ate oatmeal this morning and not an hour later felt like I could eat an entire grocery store’s worth of food.

It makes me feel gross and sad 🙁  I keep telling DH that I feel like hungry hungry hippo.  I’m not always making wrong choices when I grab something to snack… but I’m not always making healthy ones either.  I guess deep down it’s not my fault?

***sigh***  

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors