(Closed) May 2013 Babies Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 467
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@iheartnerds:  I bought some clothes this weekend as well. Two pairs of dark denim, skinny and boot cut. I also bought 6 tops which are plain long sleeved tees and a couple sweaters. I spent too much money! We had similar weekends because I found out my cousin is expecting numbers 2 & 3, twins. His wife is due at the beginning of May, but will probably go in April. 

Post # 468
1033 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@iheartnerds:  So far I can still wear all of my tops but I did go out and buy two pairs of maternity jeans. They are so comfortable. My birthday is Tuesday and my dad normally gives me cash so I think I will buy more then.

Post # 469
4581 posts
Honey bee

I don’t know why my last post looks like it got cut off? It looked fine after I posted it.

Post # 470
4581 posts
Honey bee

@MsWasatch: It’s so easy to spend a ton on maternity clothes! What my post was supposed to say was I got a tank, two tees and a cute dress as well as the jeans. My mom was with me and insisted on buying me everything but the jeans! So I only spent $70 (half price because I work for Gap, Inc.) I also got a cute Gap sweater at a consignment shop last week for around $10 so that’s a good way to save $$.

Post # 471
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi Everyone, just checking in, I know its been a little while.  We got DH’s test results back on Friday, and he is Negative!  Thank God!  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Now I don’t have to worry as much, and be happy!  

Post # 472
3226 posts
Sugar bee

@Lovemyfuturehub:  Glad to hear he came back negative. I hope this means good things for you all and the baby!

Ladies, I’ve been upset the last day or so. I just feel like I’m gaining too much weight. My face is what bothers me…I’ve got huge cheeks – why am I gaining weight on my face!? Makes me upset!

Anyways, I’ll be 15 weeks on Wednesday, and have gained 8 pounds so far. 🙁

Post # 473
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@peanuthead:  thanks!

That’s hilarious!!

@luli I’ve gained 7 lbs so far as well.  I’m just at 14 weeks.  My doc said it’s normal, I think you’re supposed to gain approx. 10 lbs a trimester or something like that, so you’re fine!

Post # 474
275 posts
Helper bee

So excited to say I’m officially in the second trimester!  What a relief!  🙂

@iheartnerds:  I also went out this weekend and bought some stuff… another pair of jeans and a bunch of tops.  I’m up to 3 pairs of pants for work and 2 pairs of jeans.  Of course, I had to purchase a couple of “cute” shirts… one that says “baby loading… please wait” and another that says “jingle bellies” for Christmastime.

Post # 475
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

@luli29:  I am feeling huge. So far I’ve technically only gained one pound at 12w4d but it’s just . . . it’s weird to look down and realize that no matter how well I eat, I am not going to see a flat tummy for at least another year. That’s tough for me to deal with. I also feel like my face looks fuller and generally I think I look gross. On Friday night we met up with some friends and one person asked me how I was feeling and I just said, “Fat and sassy.” LOL.

My doctor said the 25-30ish pounds we’re supposed to gain is all supposed to be in the 2nd and 3rd tris, so I am concerned about even the one pound. Sorry, I know that’s probably not making you feel any better. I am not even sure if that’s true. Maybe he just told me that because I hadn’t gained any yet and he wanted to prepare that it is still going to happen.

I haven’t purchased anything as far as maternity-wear goes. I think I’ll put that on my Christmas list and see how long I can make it in my regular pants/skirts/dresses and leggings. I am still in my regular jeans so far and they don’t feel too tight so here’s hoping I can hang on.

Post # 476
4581 posts
Honey bee

@Lovemyfuturehub:  That’s great news!!

@luli29:  Umm, I’m 14 weeks and I’ve probably gained about 10 lbs. I am a cow. 

Post # 477
3226 posts
Sugar bee

@laceandpearls10:  Thanks for the positive words. I didn’t think I was overweight to begin with, but in BMI stupid standards, I was a few pounds “overweight”…so I guess my thought is I shouldn’t gain so much. Oh well.

@daybyday:  Lol, yeah…that did not make me feel good. Thanks though..hehe

@iheartnerds:  I just have no control. I vowed to start watching what I eat today. Did good until about 2pm. Then I ate almost a whole jar of salsa and bag of tortilla chips. Ugh.

To compensate, I DID just do my very first workout since I got pregnant today, but I know that doesn’t make up for the bag of chips.

Post # 478
230 posts
Helper bee

What kind of excercising is everyone doing?  Before I got my BFP I was doing a super intense boot-camp style workout and lived on the paleo diet.  I ended up losing 20 lbs of weight and gaining an incredible amount of  muscle.  My doc said no more bootcamp after I found out I was pregnant so I literally haven’t excercised once since I found out.  Walking isn’t easy where I am because it’s been cold and rainy. 

What are you guys doing to get on your feet each day?

Post # 479
4581 posts
Honey bee

@laceandpearls10:  I walk when I can but that’s getting harder as the weather gets cold. My mom lent me her recumbent exercise bike for the winter so I get on that a few times a week. It isn’t getting on my feet exactly, but at least I’m moving around and not just vegging out on the couch.

I also work retail so when I’m at work (usually only twice a week now), I’m on my feet and moving constantly for several hours.

Post # 480
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@laceandpearls10:  is there a way you can modify your current bootcamp class?  My dr told me to take what i currently do down a notch or two.  I do a very high impact cardio kickboxing class – lots of jumping, kicking and the such.  i stand near a fan, take breaks when i feel im breathing too hard, and no longer jump or do high kicks and such. It’s not the same, but it’s better than nothing.  And when they do weights, i either go weightless, or hold baby 1lbs (they’re cute and pink lol).

I also hurt my ribs before i got pregnant (either cracked or dislocated, we’re still not sure), so i’m extra cautious regardless bc i really don’t want to re-hurt them in any way. 

Post # 481
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@laceandpearls10:  i’m trying to get out and walk, but have still been so nervous about exercising, even my walking has been kept light. kind of a bummer because i was running 3-4x/week and now feel very out of shape. i plan to pick it up and do some light jogging once i feel more comfortable into my 2nd trimester. 

we had our NT scan this morning and finally got to hear the heartbeat! it’s my new favorite sound 🙂 since i did my blood work last week they were able to give us our results right away; less than 1 in 10,000 chance for down syndrome or one of the trisomies. i am feeling so much more relieved and maybe even like i can finally relax a little (?) 

anyone else start to relax after hitting 12 weeks and/or NT scan? 

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors