(Closed) May 2013 Babies

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 137
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

ok I have a question about calculating how far along you are….

Babycenter calculates my pregnancy on their tracker bar (at the top of the screen) as 4 weeks.  My LMP started Aug 12, which means I probably conceived on the 25th or 26th.  Which would make my development only 2 weeks.

So when I’m getting emails about development and reading articles on my baby’s progress, have they taken this 2 week gap into account?  Should I be reading the 2 week stuff or the 4 week stuff?  I’m just trying to follow along with my baby’s progress but I feel like I’m imaging the bean to be 2 weeks “older” than he/she is…

Any advice?

Post # 138
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@laceandpearls10:  You start counting from the start of your LMP, so babycenter is right, you are 4 weeks pregnant and should be reading the 4 week info. 🙂

View original reply
@daybyday:  I feel the same way! I’m sure that will change when I’m kneeling over a toilet in a couple of weeks though. haha. 🙂

Post # 139
195 posts
Blushing bee

@mrsjapley:  ok thanks.  I guess what I mean though is…when they are saying “here is what your baby looks like at 4 weeks” do they take this into account?  Meaning, what they are showing me, is the development of my baby at two weeks after conception but 4 weeks into the “pregnancy” ?..does this even make sense lol

Post # 140
254 posts
Helper bee

@laceandpearls10:  I know it can be confusing! What they are showing you takes those 2 weeks extra weeks into account. “Here’s what your baby looks like at 4 weeks” is the baby at 2 weeks gestation (or 4 weeks pregnant).

Post # 141
195 posts
Blushing bee

@mrsjapley:  thank -you so much for your help!  I have one last question if you dont mind.  I remember reading somewhere thaqt most pregnancy calculators only take into account the weeks you’ve “finished” so while the calculator says you’re 4 weeks pregnant, you’re actually in your fifth week.  Once that’s done it will update to 5, and you’ll be starting your 6th week of pregnancy.  Do I have that right?

Post # 142
254 posts
Helper bee

@laceandpearls10:  That’s right. Say if your 4 weeks + 1 day you’ve completed your fourth week and are now in your fifth.

Right now I’m 6 weeks + 3 days so I’m in my seventh week.

Post # 144
107 posts
Blushing bee

@mrsjapley:  This confused me too so thanks for clarifying!  I’m 5 weeks 3 days so i want to read about whats happening in the 6th week, right?

Post # 145
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I think I have a DD twin with laceandpearls10!

EDD: May 19 

How Far Along: 4 weeks 

How long TTC: 1st cycle 

First Child: Yep!

Boy/Girl: I don’t care but I think hubs is rooting for a boy.

First doctors appointment: October 9, I can’t believe we have to wait that long!?!?

How do you feel:  sore boobs, heightened sense of smell, hungry all the time.

Who have you told: husband, mom, and now weddingbee. Going to wait til after the doctor’s appointment to tell other family members.

Cravings: Not really

Post # 147
594 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Welcome to all the new moms to be!

How is everyone feeling? I am super bloated and still super tired. I have been a bit nauseous but haven’t been sick yet, I have a feeling it is coming though! LOL

Post # 148
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi Ladies a little hesitant to join but doing it anyways.  I got my BFP on Wednesday, but am having some light spotting. I go in for blood work next Wednesday.  Looking forward to getting to you know you all.

EDD: May 29, 2013

How Far Along: A minute, just kidding super early.

How long TTC: 2 cycle

First Child: No. I have a 5 year old DS and 6 year old DSS.

Boy/Girl: Hoping for a healthy baby. 

First doctors appointment: Depends on my blood work next Wed.  If all comes back well then when I am 8 weeks along.

How do you feel: Massive indigestion

Who have you told: DH, my sister, my mom and a few very close co-workers.  Kind of regretting it. I am rather chatty. But these are people I would tell if I had a miscarriage too so no big deal.

Cravings: None yet.

Post # 149
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I still feel pretty good, mostly. I have had a couple bouts of cramping, which I hope is normal and nothing to be concerned about. It feels like menstrual cramps with lower back pain and lasts probably 20 – 30 minutes, then subsides. I haven’t had any spotting, so hopefully no big deal.

Still no major nausea and I continue to have a very healthy appetite.

Post # 150
107 posts
Blushing bee

I feel good too.  Also have some mild cramps that I’m trying not to be concerned about since I haven’t had any spotting and they aren’t severe.  My boobs were pretty sore, but not as bad as they were last week.  It’s hard not to be paranoid all the time.  It’s just so hard because my first OB appt isn’t until Oct 8th!

Post # 151
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@turtle62212 – I’m totally having cramps still too!!!! Maybe 1-3 a day, but no spotting so I think i’m ok.  I’ll make to double check w my doc though when i see her oct 1.  I’m occasionaly nauesous, light headed, sleepy,  and having crazy dreams (um for example, i was dating my ex who for some reason looked like channing tatum and he threw up on me? weird much?), and did i mention my boobs are HUGE?! as in, I need new bras already.  I figure those are all good signs and overrule any potential cramps issues….

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors