(Closed) May 2013 Babies

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MarieBelleI did hot yoga before pregnancy, and I’m downgrading to a more basic yoga class (with normal room temperatures). I haven’t been to the doctor’s either, but yoga classes are in general considered great for expecting moms because you’ll get an early start on the breathing techniques (Lamaze is based off of yoga breathing).

I am also continuing to run, though shorter distances than I did prior to pregnancy. Will double check with my doctor, but pretty sure these are ok since they are activities I did before pregnancy.

Post # 183
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Mrs. Jaguar:  Congrats on your pregnancy! I have been quietly following your story on your blog and I couldn’t be happier for you. It is also fun to see what to look forward in the next few weeks!

View original reply
@MarieBelle:  This week we were on vaca and my cousin who we were visiting wanted to take us to a vineyard. I made up some dumb excuse about being on an antibiotic. They bought it but they joked “are you sure you aren’t pregnant?” I hope I laughed it off convincingly! Also, I do do yoga but haven’t since we found out we were expecting. I would just tell the instructor at the beginning in case they want you to modify any positions.

Have any 4/5 weeks NOT had any sore boobs/nausea? I have to pee frequently and feel gassy/bloated (hot, huh?) but otherwise no sore boobs or upset tummy. My boobs are maybe a tiny bit bigger, but that’s it.

Post # 184
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@JessesGirl:  Love your nickname.

View original reply
@apex:  Happy Anniversary.

View original reply
@MarieBelle:  Did you buy a special baby journal? And if so which one. There are so many choices out there.

View original reply
@pretzel: 
View original reply
@mrsrangrang: I had a bad case of road rage the other day. I almost followed the guy and freaked out on him. πŸ™ My DH was not impressed he was like you could get shot.

View original reply
@laceandpearls10:  I have no advice. My concern is a winter coat. I live in a cold place with VERY long winters. I need a down coat, but would need to buy like XL which I wouldn’t use after. Sucks it can be expensive.

View original reply
@MrsKitchenQueen:  I am just barely not quite 4 weeks and no sore boobs or nausea yet. Heartburn is really bad though which I never get.

Nothing new to report. Still nervous over here with it being so early and all. I go in on Wednesday to get my HCG levels tested, then again on Friday.

Post # 185
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@LuluH:  Good luck with the HCG test!

I also got a journal, this one, and I love it. It is beautiful and quirky and I love the prompts. I like that it is “non-traditional.”

Post # 186
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MrsKitchenQueen:  Thats a nice journal! Wish i saw this before! haha I saw some pregnancy journals but they were mostly fill in the blank and told you what to write. So i ended up buying a normal journal with blank pages that I could fill in myself since i didn’t want to be limited. I do really like that one though!

Thanks for all the advice on the exercise! looking forward to yoga tonight, and taking it easy my first time and listening to my body πŸ™‚

Post # 187
674 posts
Busy bee

Anyone else feel like a bloated whale?  I cannot stand to have anything on my waist. I stupidly wore slacks today. Ugh.

Post # 188
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@LuluH:  I’ve been wearing dresses with leggings whenever possible. Or just lounge pants when I’m at home.

Post # 189
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@LuluH:  Lol I’m right there with you. I bought maternity pants today lol, even though I’m only 6w1d. They are amazing comfortable. I have lost 4 pounds so far but nothing fits. The one pair that was comfy has a hole in the crotch πŸ™ so I caved and I am so glad I did. My husband totally judged me until I told him it was like sweatpants but slacks. He’s uber jealous lol. 

Post # 190
674 posts
Busy bee

@iheartnerds: 

View original reply
@apex:  I should change my avatar to Shamu.  I think I am going to live in dresses for the next few months.  They are the only thing that looks/feels comfortable. Apex your DH cracks me up. He should be jealous.

Post # 191
1897 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hey ladies, just popping in to say that I had my follow up ultrasound today, and baby looks well! 138bpm, measuring exactly as he/she should be…and the ultrasound tech said the hematoma didn’t look like anything threatening.

I have my OB appt this Thursday, so I’ll let you know what they say πŸ™‚

Oh, and I told my parents and sister this weekend – they’re so excited.

Also, going on day 4 of no nausea. YUSSS!

Post # 192
674 posts
Busy bee

@luli29:  So happy to hear the update.  Congratulations again. And yea to the lack of nausea I hope it stays that way for you.

Post # 193
1897 posts
Buzzing bee

@LuluH:  Thanks, and yes, I am a bloated whale too. I had a “serious talk” with DH yesterday and told him not to let me have any bad food because I was turning into a fatty. I’ve been wearing skirts/dresses to work for the past week and a half. 

πŸ™

Post # 194
1897 posts
Buzzing bee

@BrooklynBride10:  Hey wedding/baby month twin! Congratulations!

Post # 195
352 posts
Helper bee

@luli29:  Thank you!  I haven’t been in here too much since after the wedding, but it’s so nice to see some familiar names in here!  I was thrilled to see your positive update! Congrats to you too! πŸ™‚

I’ve also been feeling hugely bloated the past couple of days.  I work part time, and I was kinda thrilled to find out I’m only working 2 days this week, so I can spend the rest of the week at home in sweatpants. Not sure how I’m going to get through 5 days of week next week, since jeans/work pants are not my friend right now.  

Post # 196
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@iheartnerds:  agreed! dresses with leggings are my staple right now…

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors