posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 122
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

EDD: May 21, 2013

How Far Along:  Just over four weeks

How long TTC: Three months, first month on Clomid

First Child: Yes! First grandchild on both sides, too. Hooray!

Boy/Girl: I don’t really have a preference! I think I always saw myself having a little girl but that’s changed as I’ve gotten older.

First doctors appointment: I had my pregnancy confirmed by my OB/GYN with a blood test at 4 weeks and I go in for an ultrasound on October 2nd at 7 weeks, because I am technically an infertility patient.

How do you feel: Fine? Not pregnant.

Who have you told: Just my husband! We will tell our immediate family members after the first ultrasound, which at 7 weeks is still really early!

Cravings: None, my appetite is like zero.

Hey, y’all. Just popped in to see if anyone else is super paranoid about a miscarriage, feeling like this is just too good to be true. πŸ™‚ I am not aloooone.

I also really don’t feel any different. I almost wish I had some symptoms so that I would know everything is okay! All in good time, I suppose.

Post # 123
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@iheartnerds – yay due date twinsies!!!!

No. i’m not high risk at all.  But she just happens to deal with high risk pregnancies so my guess she deals the same with all her patients.  My sister and I found her years ago and love her. My sis also said shes amazing at delivering babies and wish she had her for her first (she has a 10y/o and a 7y/o….sis and i have 10.5years difference).   SHe wasn’t high risk either – but i say it works to our benefit. 

My hubs is more paranoid than i am – he gives me the evil eye evertyime i drink a cup of coffee.  Doc said she had a cup of coffee and a diet coke every day during her pregnancy….so i figure 2small cups of coffee a day won’t hurt me or the baby πŸ™‚ 

Post # 124
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios

So this group is shaping up to have an interesting dynamic. 

I am going to draw attention to the elephant in the room and just point out that clearly those of us who took longer than 3 cycles to conceive are in the minority. 

From the roll calls I estimate so far that 3 got pregnant NTNT, 9 in the first cycle, 5 in the 2nd cycle ttc, 1 in the 3rd cycle ttc, 1 in the 5th cycle ttc, one in the 8th cycle ttc and I’m bringing up the rear at 15 cycles ttc.  (I thought I saw a trend and looked back to verify that I wasn’t crazy)

Time TTC doesn’t make one pregnancy better than another, however it does change one’s perspective. I just want to point this out and ask for understanding for those of us who took longer.  We might see things a little differently or have different perspectives. We might worry a little more about certian things. I am really hoping that this thread can  be a blessing to all and look forward to sharing our journeys together.

With that “disclaimer”… I just got my blood results back from my Monday draw- My HCG went from 112 on friday to 782 on monday- YAY!  My progesterone (a chronic problem in my TTC journey) went from 27 to 21 in the same timeframe. Its still in the range for this stage of pregnancy but OMG I am freaking out. My midwife prescribed 200mg oral progesterone in addition to my progesterone cream so I shouldn’t worry but yeah…. I have a pit in my stomache.  Prayers and happy thoughts much appreciated.

Post # 125
231 posts
Helper bee

@laceandpearls10:  My first appt will be about 6.5 weeks, and when I scheduled it, I asked the receptionist what they do at the first appointment (was trying to determine whether I should schedule it at a time that Darling Husband could come), and she said its just a test to confirm the pregnancy and go over basic stuff – no exciting stuff like ultrasounds.  So, I would imagine that my first would be the next appointment after that (maybe 10 – 12 weeks)?  I really wish I didn’t have to wait that long!

@peanuthead:  I’ve started to calm down a LITTLE bit since the test I took yesterday had a line that was as dark as, or maybe a little darker than, the control line.  I still check everytime I pee though, although I’ve gone from actively expecting to see blood to neutral as to whether there will be any, so I guess that’s an improvement? I’m working hard to calm down and not worry so much, but I’m such a worrier by nature.

I haven’t had any coffee or caffeinated soda since I got my BFP either.. I’ve limited myself to 1 glass of half iced tea/ half lemonade per day.  I’ll wait and see what my dr says at my appt and gauge it from there for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Anyone else having trouble getting their prenatal vitamins down?  I haven’t really had any nausea, but when I try to take my giant prenatals, I keep gagging and its a struggle to force it down.  I can’t even imagine continuing to swallow them when my morning sickness starts…  Seriously, why must they make them the size of horse tranquilizers??!!

Post # 126
4581 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@pretzel:  I don’t blame you at all for freaking out. I had also noticed that a lot of us on here conceived very early on. I personally had myself convinced that it would take much longer to get pregnant so I was shocked when I got my BFP. Even still, I’m very concerned about the possibility of miscarriage or other complications.

I’ve already gotten a bit of grief from some of the longer term TTC’ers on a different thread that I’d started, so I’m making an effort to be more sensitive. Anyway, wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy!

Post # 127
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@daybyday:  Yay! I’m so happy that you’re in our little group. Congrats again! And don’t worry, at 6 weeks I still don’t feel pregnant. A little nauseous once or twice last week but that’s it so far!

@pretzel:  I was actually suprised how many ladies got lucky on the first try. I was always under the impression that 6+ cycles is normal and that I was a freak for getting it on the first try. I’m sure age differences will also play a factor in how everyone feels and reacts throughout our pregnancies but I think we will all be helpful and supportive to each other.

It seems we all have the same fears right now. Darling Husband and I are both terrified of miscarrying or our baby having something terribly wrong with it. That’s why we’re keeping it on the down-lo until after the ultrasound. While I know everything is likely 100% normal I can’t help being completly paranoid and worried. It’s crazy how much you can love a something the size of a pebble so much so quick!

Post # 128
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Pretzel- I think your right to say that we need to remember everyone has a different journey and perspective. While it did not take us too long (five monthsof TTC) my first cycle TTC was 4 months long. I But  had a lot of stress and worry due to the long cycle and on the way to starting some investigations into infertility. I had very understanding Drs who ordered blood tests and ultrasounds, I actually had an ultrasound about a week before we got our BFP.

pearlsandlace- I think we are due date twins? and I also think you wrote about not sleeping? I have been waking up 2 hour before my alarm for 2 weeks now. Somehow I am not tired yet, but I expect that will change pretty soon

I hope everyone is doing well and no one is suffering too much with early symptoms

Post # 129
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

pretzel ο»Ώο»Ώquite honestly I didnt think id be pregnant till next year. This has been a big shock for me. I have lots and lots of friends that took over a year, some 3+ to fall pregnant, and to say i wasnt prepared for this is an understatement. I completely understand where you are coming from, but please also understand that I am just as scared or worried about my pregnancy staying viable/healthy as the next person. I agree time spent TTC doesnt mean a thing in regards to a healthy pregnancy, the only thing i have gotten from falling quite so quick is to stop being so lax when it comes to using birth control. Sometimes in a day i get a blue moment, because i hadnt perpared myself for this, and i like to be prepared, its horrible to say, but thats how i feel. So maybe some of the others who did concieve in their first few months trying are going through this too? 

I didnt really see it as being an elephant in the room, because I dont really look how long it took someone to concieve. I dont think it should play a part. Just that we are all blessed to be pregnant now is enough for me πŸ™‚ and honestly when i do read these, it literally falls out of my head straight away..

i have had so much trouble remembering anything. and that is not me at all. this is something else i am struggling with. I just dont forget. I book 2 hairdressing appts in a row at the same time and could remember the dates and times off the top of my head. So far i have missed one appt this pregnancy. :/ its just not me. Also i am not a list writer. I loathe them. and now i have to write things down. I hate that i just cant do remember. 

Anyways, symptoms:

*no more tiredness!! yay!! just get sleepy earlier and sleep for 10hrs a night.. but no need for naps:)

*the girls arn’t as sore or sensitive. yay

*MS. YES. i woke up at 1.30am last night for a puke, it was awesome. πŸ™ 

*forgetfulness. <- this i hate

*and just thinking about some food makes me feel sick. and i had my first craving for salmon last night. I nearly had a break down in the supermarket, because i couldnt find an ingredient that i wanted.. hubby sorted it out.. phewwww.. lol πŸ™‚

and welcome to the new mummas!!! its all vey exciting πŸ™‚

Post # 130
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m excited to join this club!!! Wahoo May mamas!! We were truly blessed and got pregnany on the first month trying- wahoo!! 

I swear I knew I was pregnany before I ever even tested. It seemed liked a week or 10 days after conseption my sense of smell was SUPER strong, I felt bloated, I had crazy VIVID dreams and was super emotional {tearing up at my pateint’s life stories and songs on the radio}. It totally threw me off when I had “implementation blood” as I thought I was getting my period.  I tested anyway and wala- BFP!! 

This is the morning of….Not sure how my dog feels about being a big brother- lol…. he tried to eat the pregnancy test, guess he though it was his new toy!! 

This is the pic we are going to frame to tell our family we’re pregnant…. it’s going to say only the best parents become grandparents… so fun!! 

I know it’s a lil early to blab the news but I live in a different state than my parents and just so happen to have planned a trip there this next weekend, so we just had to- plus, it’s our parents! πŸ˜‰

First doctor’s appt is Sept 25th (the day after our 1 year anniversary- perfect timing) 

** Anticipated due day May 19 2013 **

Post # 131
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mcmillan0529:  I usually have trouble swallowing pills too and I had been taking gummy prenatals.  Once i got my BFP i realized the gummies didnt have iron and some other vitamins that are important.  Luckily I found these NatureMade Prenatal Multi + DHA softgel vitamins at Target and I havent had any problems taking them.  You might want to give them a try.  

So like many of you my first Dr appt isnt until 8 weeks and that really freaks me out!  How do i know if everything is progressing correctly?  Hormone levels correct?  Etc!  I don’t think i can wait!  

Post # 132
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hey ladies! Sorry for my lack of posting, but I’m still doing alright. I’m patiently and anxiously waiting my next ultrasound on Monday. I woke up today with no nausea….which I have been having for the last couple of days. I wonder if that’s bad?

Post # 133
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@turtle62212:  I take those prenatals as well. I’ve had no issues πŸ™‚

Post # 134
230 posts
Helper bee

@mcmillan0529:  good thinkin to ask when you were there.  I think I’ll call and ask as well, I’d hate to show up prepared to just take blood and find out that my Darling Husband wasn’t there for our first ultrasound!

Post # 135
230 posts
Helper bee

@MrsCofer:  congrats due date twin! Just like you I had some of the same early symptoms.  My breasts were so sore, my weddings rings wouldn’t come of my finger because I was so bloated and I was having crazy dreams as well πŸ™‚  We’re also going to tell our parents early (i think) because both my parents live out of town as well and my dad is planning a trip to my home town so it’s only fair

Post # 136
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

@mrsjapley:  I . . . could not be happier to be here. πŸ™‚ I just could not be happier. I mean, obviously I’m a little scared of all the things that can go wrong but it’s like, wow. I’m pregnant. What can get me down?

The topic ‘May 2013 Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors