(Closed) May 2013 Brides and weight loss!

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hi, DayDay!  I’m just 6 days after you!  And I have lost 15 since before Christmas, but still weigh 25 more than when we met, nearly 2 yrs ago, thanks to my hyst.

Your Fiance, like mine, loves you for WHO YOU ARE, not what you weigh!  That said, I’d rather lose a few before the big day, too.  The best way to lose is to eat fewer calories and expend more energy.  Whatever works for you is fine- Weight Watchers or an iPhone app, as well as gym membership or walking with a friend.

ALL brides are beautiful, and I know you will be, too!

Best wishes!

JBro

Post # 4
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@DayDay:  As a general rule, a “healthy” amount of weight loss is about a pound a week, so based on your timeline, about 10 pounds to your wedding.  What’s reasonable will also depend on your starting weight too.

Post # 5
2553 posts
Sugar bee

@DayDay:  When do you have your alterations? The only thing I’m worried about is losing weight after I get my dress altered. I have 10 more lbs to lose before my alterations apt on April 6th and would love to lose maybe 5 more after that but I’m too afraid of my dress not fitting. As for the 30lbs, I would say that ~20 might be more reasonable. And honestly, nobody can tell the difference between those 10lbs unless you weigh right at 100lbs. 

Post # 6
2553 posts
Sugar bee

@sbuxfan: I think most doctors here would say that as long as you dont go over 2lbs a week then its healthy. 2lbs might not be the best thing for keeping your skin tight and your boobs up though….

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2004

To lose weight and keep it off is the secret. Losing weight is also a mindset, get that right and it is much easier to deal with, especially when you are giving up some of your favourite foods, and exercising for the first time. It only takes 8 weeks to change a habit, that can seem like a lifetime I know, but it is all worth it.

Post # 10
70 posts
Worker bee

I take and sale ACE I have lost 34 pounds in 7 weeks and hope to drop another 20 by my May 18th wedding day! I love it and its onkly 1.00 per capsule! But I agree although Im losing 1 pound a day it is heathy to lose onlt 1 pound per week!

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I don’t get married until September but I’ve been walking to work and home everyday since January. It’s about 6.5 miles each way. I’ve lost 7lbs so far. Maybe you can do a little more exercise as well as eating healthy.  You will be running around in the next few weeks so I’m sure you will lost a few pounds. Good luck

Post # 12
237 posts
Helper bee

@DayDay:  Was there any specific plan you followed?

Post # 14
193 posts
Blushing bee

I gave up trying to lose for mine.. it was stressing me out so much I was gaining I figure stable is better than increased gah

The topic ‘May 2013 Brides and weight loss!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors