(Closed) May 2013 Brides: Disney World Honeymoon

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Hope you have lots of fun, it’s a great place especially if you have never gone before. I live close by and actually a season pass holder so I go often but it NEVER gets old my SO and I always find something new to do.  Disney has fun buttons to wear that say happily ever after make sure you get those. Also the bride groom mickey ears are always my favorite, make sure you get them too. They are always fun to see. What hotel are you staying at?

Post # 5
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Did you get a dining plan? If so make sure you get ADRs once they open up which is about 6 months out I think (I cant remember because we didnt go this year :(). This is particularly true for the popular restaurants such as the castle, coral reef, new be our guest etc. How many days are you going?

I’m going to be a Disney Bride!

Post # 6
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I love Disney World. If you have never been, I strongly recommend buying “The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World”? This book is amazing reviews for all the hotels, dining plan options, rides, and they have touring plans which tell you what order to visit parts of the parks to minimize waiting in lines. That book made my last trip to Disney amazing.

Ihope you have a wonderful honeymoon… Not gonna lie, I am kinda jealous. 

Post # 7
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@GlynnBugg13:  I would try the art of animation if you can swing the extra cash. I stayed at the movie one a few months back and was very dissapointed, the room was not up to “Disney” standards in my opinion.  I would start with guides like ohter posters had mentioned. Try to map out times and what you want to do, you want to make sure you get the most out of your experience. There are ways to get the most out without having to spend extra money on tours and such. I am there often so during your planning if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Happy Planning 🙂

Post # 9
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

Def make a visit to http://www.disboards.com  It’s a site like this only dedicated to WDW.

Also, keep checking http://www.disneyworld.com because they often run special room discounts or offer free dining. You can get adjustments even after you’ve booked. 

Also, if either of you is a teacher, nurse or government employee (at any level-city, county, state, federal) the Swan and Dolphin are 4* on site properties that offer discounts for those professions. They are not Disney owned resorts so you don’t have the privilege of charging everything to your room or using the dining plan, but offer all of the other on-site perks. Sometimes their discounts make the rooms cheaper than the budget resorts.

Post # 10
2743 posts
Sugar bee

@Frizzette080211:  The movies resort is one of the value resorts. Most people reccomend pop or art of animation for a value.

Post # 11
2743 posts
Sugar bee

@kybride:  Free dining is only done through the late summer months/early fall. The free rooms will probably be offered late winter/early spring through their busiest season.

Post # 12
2743 posts
Sugar bee

@GlynnBugg13:  Art of animation is their newest resort. If you stay in the Ariel rooms which are the cheapest know you will have a walk to the cafeteria as these rooms are the farthest out on the resort. I’ve never stayed at this resort but we might coming up for our planning session in the spring for our wedding (if we stay 3 or more days). If I come down for one day and they cover any reservation not just a value resort and we stay 2 days or less I’ll probably stay somewhere like the grand floridian or poly. I’ve stayed at the caribean once, off property, and the animal kingdom lodge several times.

Post # 13
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

@dewingedpixie:  Not necessarily–I have seen it offered late spring/early summer-esp when the economy was really bad. All depends on bookings. Granted, the time period it has been available in the spring was a short one, but it has been there once or twice. But, I also never said it was a guarantee that either free dining or room discounts would be availavle at any time. I said to check for it, because you never know.

Post # 14
2743 posts
Sugar bee

@kybride:  This is true. There are certain Disney promos that seem to come most years though :). I’m a disney fanatic :D.

Post # 17
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Oh awesome, we’re date twins AND we’re both honeymooning at Disney, how awesome! 🙂 We’re staying in the Port Orleans Riverside resort for 4 nights, then going on a three-night Disney Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream. We also have a reservation at Be Our Guest…it sounds fantastic! I don’t think bypassing Cinderella’s Royal Table is a big deal: it’s pricey, and it’s mostly good for the character interactions (and eating in the castle) anyway. I’ve never had interest in it. Where else are you eating? 

The topic ‘May 2013 Brides: Disney World Honeymoon’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors