Post # 1
I personally will not be taking a break for the holidays. i will be finishing up hopefully all DIY projects by the end of this month.
To do list:
- finish monogram aisle runner
- start diy rhinestone shoes
- finish assembly of invites
my hardest task this month will be making sure fiance is completing his list of things to do (ie ..booking transportation, final payments to photographer, Dj and musician) in addition to some Diy projects.
May will be here soon
Post # 3
No break for me… (Although I desparetely need one :/ )
This wknd I finished up the wedding favors. Now I need to get started on the cadle luminaries and sewing the lace oval thinger onto my burlap runners (Which I need to cut yet… it’s still a big 100 yrd roll of burlap!)
*sigh… i can do this. i can do this…
Post # 4
- Wedding: May 2013 - Canal St Inn
@RMBsbride: Preach, baby. I posted yesterday about being incredibly overwhelmed at this point in the process. There’s also a lot of circumstantial stuff going on, it’s driving me batty. I try to give myself little breaks, but sooner or later it all comes back. I’m looking forward to that calm period when everything’s been sent out, everything’s been ordered, all deposits have been put down, and all Fiance and I will have to do is wait.
Post # 5
luckily i get to take a break, but i busted my tush getting to this point so i wouldnt have to share the holidays with my wedding, i love christmas, it already feels like its almost over!
Post # 6
@RMBsbride: YOU WILL DO IT!!!!
Post # 7
I can’t take a break… I have WAYYYY to much to do. The only thing i have really accomplished (and it is pretty major) is designing my invites/save the dates/ rsvp/reception cards.
I still need to finish addressing and mailing out STDS, and work on my decorations. Good thing I have godo friends who are willing to help me out over Christmas Break 🙂
Post # 8
I’m kind of on a break. Fiance wanted to wait until after the holidays to hash out the nitty-gritty, but I want to figure out our invitations so I can order everything… Sigh…
I just bought the rest of the stuff for our centrpieces, and I need to get stuff to wrap the bouquets, but otherwise, I’m kind of in a holding pattern. We have all of the big stuff done, and Fiance doesn’t care about the details, until I decide something and he chooses to put in his opinion.
I can’t wait until this is all over!
Post # 9
@SONNYDEE: Hang in there!
We’ve gotta send out Save-The-Date Cards this month, plus figure out what we’re doing for an officiant. And my sister and I need to go shopping for fabric for my dress and maybe start doing a mock-up of the dress (can’t wait for this part!!!)
Post # 10
Totally taking an Xmas break…. simply because of money.
The invitations have been sitting there for about a week begging me to put them together but I refuse to… at least until I know my BFF (MOH) has her special friendy-friend awesome gift done and wrapped. THEN the awesomeness starts!!
Post # 11
My goal is to finally decide on a cake and DJ by the end of the year!
Post # 12
I feel like I’ve been on a break this past month and I plan on staying on my break until after Christmas. I have the week between Christmas and New Year off so that will be my DIY time!
We got a LOT of stuff done in the first few months so now all that is left are some of the small details. Here are the items I hope to work on between Christmas and New Year. After this there won’t be much left to do at all!!! Woooo
– Finish making Bridesmaids and Flower Girl Gifts
– Figure out and buy/make Groomsmen and Parents Gifts
– Wash wine glasses – we got wine glasses custom engraved with our monogram as wedding favors.
– Design/print/assemble “Thank you” tags to be tied to wine glass stems once washed.
– Design Table #s/Menu/Program/Escort Cards/Place Cards
– Work on Play/Do not play lists and major moments music list – I gave these tasks to my fiance!!
– Compile a inspiration shot list for my photographer
Post # 13
@SONNYDEE: I am sending the Save the dates out tomorrow and the next day but after that, I am taking a break. I don’t have a lot of DIY projects anyway.
Post # 14
I’m definitely not taking a break. I was swamped with work for Sept-October, so it was essentially a wedding break for me.
My December projects include:
- bridal shower (it’s this Saturday) and related thank you notes
- figuring out my hair (so far the plan is that my mom is doing it)
- designing invitations (we’re going to have someone on Etsy make a template for us that we will import into Vistaprint for printing)
- test run for centerpieces
- getting started on the veil (my Fiance mother is a seamstres, but I need to choose the design and material)
- finalizing the day of schedule (to the extent possible)
We also got our wedding bands ordered this month
Post # 15
No break for me – we got engaged on Thanksgiving and so I HAVE to do stuff through the holidays! We have already sent out Christmas cards/save the dates, sent the deposit for our venue, and met with a photographer and been sent an invoice for her deposit. Yay!!!
Next, I think I need to find a dress! :O
Post # 16
I feel like I have taken a brethat’ll months now I have seriously slacked off! Now that Christmas shipping is over its all wedding for me!