(Closed) May 2013 Brides!

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Thank God!  I am getting a little anxious too!  I want to book a venue because I think it will make us calm down and make us finalizing some planning details.  But the what if’s are driving me nuts!  I cant even fully decide on a color scheme. 

And I love the rustic type stuff… What if its just too popular now and will not be “in” later.  But I liked the rustic feel much before it became the new thing.

Maybe its normal for us to feel this way.  Good Luck on finding your venue!

Post # 4
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Dub D:  I’m a May 2013 bride πŸ™‚ We aren’t finalizing venues until May of this year just in case I change my mind or such. Plus our wedding is out of town more of a destitation like type wedding. I have my photographer she is a family friend that just so happens to be a professional.  We have also found the place for the reception πŸ™‚ I even get to be in a horse and carriage for transport πŸ™‚ 

I really want to go ahead and put a deposit down but I’m waiting just 16 more weeks! πŸ™‚ My spring semester will be over and I will be off to check out the reception and venue location as well as cake testing!! I can not wait!! My dress gets in around Aoril/May as well I’m getting so excited!!

Post # 5
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ve got mine, but it’s a no brainer and its the only choice in the small town where the wedding will be that will house 250+ ppl! You have plenty of time!

Post # 6
532 posts
Busy bee

I have my venue!

I saw 6 different venues and researched probably about a dozen, dozen and a half different ones. I’ve been researching Djs and photographers, and need to start emailing them to get quotes and start arranging sit down meetings. People in my area, maybe because we’re near a major city, are booking already. 

Post # 7
2866 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

No because I keep flip flopping from March/April/May. I seriously can NOT decide on a date. I really like the idea of May, but worry about graduations, school getting out etc. Good luck to you guys and I just may be joining you πŸ™‚ 

Post # 8
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have completely 100% fallen in love with my venue AND the month of May 2013, absolutely no question about either.  I haven’t booked it yet (Christmas and car expenses ate up extra cash) and it’s making me sick because I’m so nervous it’ll get snatched up!!  What’s funny is that I wasn’t even thinking of venues, a friend of mine mentioned the place so we took a field trip and I just knew it was perfect!

Post # 9
1279 posts
Bumble bee

I have narrowed my venue choices down to 3 – but, only one of them will let me reserve with a deposit this month. The other 2 won’t book any further than a year in advance. At least I’ll have options if my May 4th date is taken at my first pick.

Post # 10
222 posts
Helper bee

We just booked!  We went to a million venues and found the one we loved, so we jumped on it.  I’m sure there’s more than enough time to find something you love!

Post # 11
1133 posts
Bumble bee

We havent officially booked our venue but YES, we do know where we want it and exactly everything that we will need. I Feel like I want to book everything as soon as possible so I’m not a complete stressed out mess down to the wire. I want things to be locked in so I can enjoy being engaged (WHEN IT HAPPENS) lol yes, its not official…but its unofficially official. ha

Post # 12
715 posts
Busy bee

We just booked our venue this weekend.  After our extensive venue search, I am so relieved to have that behind us.  I’m actually not going to touch anymore wedding planning until May of this year.  I think 1 year is enough to get the rest of the details panned out!

Post # 13
567 posts
Busy bee

I have a list of places to visit, but we haven’t booked yet.  My Fiance is kind of driving me crazy because we decided to look in St. Louis, but yesterday he said something about a destination wedding. 

I want to have a venue booked by the end of February.  We’ll see if that actually happens πŸ™‚

Post # 14
1925 posts
Buzzing bee

We just booked our wedding!!!  May 25, 2013!  I am SO excited!!!

Post # 15
1133 posts
Bumble bee

I am completely stressed out. I pretty much email the venue we want weekly and ask her if the date is still available. She said no one has booked the MONTH yet so I’m hoping by the time we have the money to put down, it will still be available. I NEEEEEEEEEEED THIS DATE, it’s not even a joke lol. Seeing that a lot of you ladies have booked is freakin me OUT!! (we aren’t even ‘officially’ engaged with the ring yet)

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee

Once you book your venue MissTX you will feel SOOO much better!!!

May 10th 2013 for me!!! But I was extremely stressed trying to find a venue and when my fiance and I finally found one all the dates we wanted were already booked!! And YES! This is for 2013!

But I wish you all the luck! Once you find a venue you’ll calm down and be able to enjoy the planning a lot better. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘May 2013 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors