(Closed) May 2013 Brides!

posted 8 years ago in May 2013
Post # 17
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We haven’t booked, but we know where it will be.

Well, we’ve decided but I’m not 100% sure because we have to use the venue’s catering and it’s so much more expensive than the other company. 

We know our colors and I have made a couple of the decorations already. I like to DIY stuff though so that’s why. 

We are flip flopping on either May 16th or May 23rd. May 23rd is the thursday before memorial day so I will probably go with that one. 

@MissTX:  Everyone I talk to says the same thing. As soon as I say the date they say that I have plenty of time and I don’t need to be worried about it. 

Post # 19
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Where’s your venue paigers?!

I played around with May 23 too! It’s definitely cheaper than a friday or saturday! One thing I was told, if you pick a date near memorial day weekend, your anniversary each year will always fall around the weekend. Giving you guys a nice 3 day weekend to celebrate. Just something to think about 🙂

Post # 20
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Bride_Kay:  Ohhh that is something to think about!! I like that idea! 

We are looking at Club Windward. It’s right outside of Memphis, TN but I’m not 100% sure about it. I just didn’t get that “AHHH this is the place!” feeling about it. 

Post # 22
30 posts
Newbee

I’ve had the same experience of vendors allowing reservations only up to 1 year in advance. I am anticipating the one year mark so that I can finally have one big thing checked off my list!

Post # 24
747 posts
Busy bee

I booked my venue, videographer, photographer and dj…all this past month February 2012. Now is all the small things left to do later on in the year, i hope i’m not missing any major thing that i’m not thinking of…but yeah a Country club here in RI…I love it, we are thinking of putting some drapping on the ceiling just because they have these 2 long white pipes going accross, but the chandelier and everything else is beautiful 🙂

Post # 25
72 posts
Worker bee

I called on January 2nd, the first day my venue took reservations for 2013, just to lock up our venue for May 18! It’s absolteuly perfect – gorgeous, right on lake Michigan and only half a mile from our house! We’ve also got our photographer booked (the ONLY one we wanted – we’ve seen them in action twice before), and will probably lock up our caterer and DJ by the end of the month. I’m moving super fast, but I’ve done a TON of research and and just so excited about everything! I want to get all our vendors booked early because I’ll be doing pretty much everything else DIY, so I want plenty of time to do crafts, invitations, etc.

Post # 26
747 posts
Busy bee

@rachelb44:  i agree with you, i also will be one of those DIY brides…i just don’t know how to start lol.. but yes i also have been moving pretty fast…the dress is my next thing

Post # 27
1837 posts
Buzzing bee

just booked my venue today 🙂  time to start looking up photographers, i guess!

Post # 28
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Congrats bees!

We have put deposits down on everything but the DJ (struggling on that one).

My mom is a wedding florist and has been in the industry to 25+ years, so I was pretty confident in venues, photographers, etc. Reception, church (only Greek Orthodox church in Grand Rapids), photographer, florist (obv) were all easy.

Struggling to find a Greek DJ in Grand Rapids. We are considering bringing in one from Chicago but they are all asking a ridiculous amount to travel 2.5 hours so we are a little stuck)!

Post # 29
945 posts
Busy bee

I’m hesitant about booking some early… For May 11th, we’ve already got the venue (with catering), photographers, and my dress.

But now we’re taking a few weeks off before tackling anything else. Smile

Post # 30
12 posts
Newbee

My wedding is May 18th. I have had mine booked sine Oct 2012

The topic ‘May 2013 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors