(Closed) MAY 2013 BRIDES!WHAT'S ON THE CHECK OFF LIST FOR NOVEMBER?

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I suppose I plan to taste some cakes, taste some foods, and finish the invitations.

Post # 4
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

I have to lock down my officiant!

Post # 5
27 posts
Newbee

Meet with Ralph the Vicar to plan ceremony & register to marry – over Thanksgiving

Taste-test afternoon tea for our reception – over Thanksgiving

Meet with and book (including downpayment for) our photographer – over Thanksgiving

Receive my dress! – hopefully in the next two weeks!

Research wedding bands – find best prices…

Design and assemble invitations – the most difficult thing of the month, I suspect!

Post # 6
1279 posts
Bumble bee

• Sending out Save the Dates
  • Ordering Invitations
  • Booked transportation for to/from Ceremony and Reception Venue
  • Booked MC

And there is still so much more to do! Buuuuut, only 6 more months to go!!!!! YAAAYYYYYY~!!

Post # 7
1815 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall

Thankfully I’ve booked the most important vendors and bought my dress in September and October, so now nothing is quite as time-sensitive.

I would like to:

1. Get my engagement ring insured. Renter’s insurance coverage limit is less than what my ring is appraised for so we might have to keep looking. 🙁

2. Research hotels in the area and reserve a block of rooms at a hotel nearby.

3. Keep looking at bridesmaid dresses. I’m planning on picking something from a department store rather than a literal bridesmaid dress because they tend to be better quality and less expensive. That’s tough in November since everything is for cold weather now, but I don’t want to wait too last minute!

4. Explore craft stores for ceremony decor and reception centerpieces, just to get an idea of what’s out there. I’m still looking for a cheaper blue aisle runner but no luck yet.

5. Look at shoes and veils, and ponder my “something borrowed” (likely some sort of jewelry)

We might also start paying some vendors more of their balances, so that it’s not such a sticker shock next April/May.

Post # 8
222 posts
Helper bee

To do this month:

• Order bridesmaid dresses with my girls!  I finally decided on a designer/color last week.
  • Continue to look for the perfect shoes (and hopefully buy them!) 
  • Pick out my veil.
  • Decide on invitations with my Fiance.
  • Look into honeymoon!

Post # 9
1839 posts
Buzzing bee

-get a DJ (OMG IT IS TAKING FOREVER/DRIVING ME INSANE/already late)

-figure out what to do about our transportation to the ceremony.  i can’t handle how expensive limos are in may with the stupid 8 hr minimums and all this crap.  like…$1500???? insane

-send out save the dates. hopefully by the end of next week

-make our 2nd registry

-buy wedding bands

Post # 10
1854 posts
Buzzing bee

My to-do this month:

• Order specialty tableclothes for the buffet area
  • find an officiant
  • Reserve the rentals
  • FIND A DRESS
  • Send out save-the-date’s

Post # 11
237 posts
Helper bee

This month’s list:

• reserve rentals
  • renew our passports
  • find a jeweler to make my wedding band
  • decide whether to reserve a block of rooms
  • find a florist
  • get the dress I have hemmed and decide if I want to wear it or keep looking!
  • start diet & exercise program!!!

Post # 12
193 posts
Blushing bee

@Peony526:  I’ve been meaning to start that darn diet and exercise for months. I really am running out of time.. I need to get one it too!

Is it too early to start printing / assemblying invites?

Post # 13
1815 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall

@Soon2BeMrs7913:  No such thing as too early! As long as you’ve got the other time sensitive stuff taken care of, I say go for it. You’ll thank yourself over the busy holiday seasons for finishing them early.

Post # 14
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Peony526:  i need to start exercise and diet too! ugh, right before christmas…not easy!

Post # 15
68 posts
Worker bee

Create our wedding registry!!! I am very excited about this one!

Post # 16
993 posts
Busy bee

geez bees, we’re in December now! I’ll start another montly thread maybe this afternoon (gotta run out) or does someone want to keep us going?

The topic ‘MAY 2013 BRIDES!WHAT'S ON THE CHECK OFF LIST FOR NOVEMBER?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors