(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?
    Yes : (23 votes)
    44 %
    No : (14 votes)
    27 %
    I am Team Green!! : (13 votes)
    25 %
    I am not sure yet : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 17
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Ugghhh…rough morning this morning. I am still doing my progesterone suppositories twice a day, morning and night, and as is normal practice, I always check the applicator for blood. I have never seen blood…until this morning. UGGHHHH!

I went to bathroom and the toilet paper was just slightly pink, you’d really have to squint to notice, I started getting ready and went to the bathroom again a few minutes later. This time the paper was full of brown blood and a couple clots.

Since then is has tapered off to mostly just a tannish spot on the paper everytime I wipe about the size of an m&m.

I am PRAYING that it is nothing serious, and I know brown is “good” because it means old but it still sucks.  I’m hopig I may have just irritated my cervix with the suppository since I did kind of shove it in there last night with not a lot of thought. So, every finger, toe, arm, leg, and anything else I can cross crossed that this is just a passing thing and all is still well.

I have been holding onto and still using those suppositories like a crutch. After this incident (and I don’t even know if it’s the cause) I am so over them I think this mornings dose was my last… .

Post # 18
    569 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@TheNewlyMrsD:  I’m keeping everything crossed for you too! Deep breath, and big hugs your way. I’m sure your little bean is just fine πŸ™‚

Post # 20
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@TheNewlyMrsD:  oh honey I am sure it’s nothing!  But how stressful!  Are you calling your dr?  Can you take it easy today? 

Post # 21
    283 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@TheNewlyMrsD:  Fingers crossed for you lady!  Hope everything is A-ok!  Keep us posted!!

Post # 22
    501 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

@TheNewlyMrsD:  I have had so much spotting in this pregnancy. it is why I have been away from the boards!but checking in today to say that we had an ultrasound at 10 weeks (due to not being about to hear heartbeat at appointment and given my spotting) and baby is in there, moving around with a good heartbeat! SO hoping you get the same news, lady. 

Hi Ladies! My comment above sums up where I’ve been emotionally. . .have been afraid to get excited or post much here because of my concerns that this spotting has meant that the pregnancy was going to fail or was not progressing. 

i know I’m still only 10 weeks but after seeing the little baby on U/S, I feel so much better and I’m praying everything continues to go ok.

who have you guys told?

I have told about 5 close girlfriends who knew about my infertility and who I ABSOLUTELY would call up if I miscarried. several of them have miscarried themselves in the past. they have known about the spotting and have all been soo supportive. I am not as close to my family (in a way we are close, but I don’t talk to my mom about ‘lady stuff’ the way I talk to my friends) so we haven’t told them yet. we wanted to wait until we could really be in the ‘excited’ mindset ourselves! but I think we will tell both sets of parents this weekend, now that we have a picture and everything!

just wanted to say hello to you all. . .sad to read about losses and excited to see the progressing pregnancies. 

question: is anyone else feeling like they are showing/did show at 10 weeks??! i was getting down on myself for gaining so much fat/bloat but then I went to the doctor and had only gained a few pounds, and I have been making sure to stay ‘regular’. . I guess it could still be water weight but I really think there is something there. . .it is my lower abdomen that has more swelling. I am thinking about starting to take ‘bump’ pictures this weekend when I will be 11 weeks, because there is definitely some kind of little bumpishness going on!

Post # 23
    501 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

@MrsR4ever:  we are now due date twins! fun! πŸ™‚

Post # 24
    1031 posts
    Bumble bee

I was so excited, I got the req form for my ultrasound! I gave it to my mother (who works at the hospital and has friends in ultrasound….. meaning that I can get seen almost when I want, provided that they have the opening) I was so stoked to finally see baby and make sure that there is one in there and know that things are going well, that I haven’t screwed anything up yet. Then my mom calls me this morning and lets me know that the way that the requisition is written, only u/s for edd, means that I can’t be seen until I’m much farther along, so no appointment until December 28th, but if there was a req to see if there were multiples I could have gone this afternoon. I called the doc’s office and asked if I could have it changed and the nurse said she would talk to the doc. So annoyed. I’m totally jealous of all the lovely ladies that have gotten to see their baby/ies *pout*

On the plus side I gave in and bought maternty pants, and I”m not sure that I have ever been so happy. $35 at Old Navy! I’m finally comfortable again. Also their preggo tank tops were on sale for $6.99!!! I’ve deduced myself to the fact that I will probably live in those, they are so freaking comfortable!

I also have job interviews lined up, nothing exciting, but I”m struggling with whether or not to tell them I’m pregnant :/

Post # 25
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Feeling on and off depending on the day. Today is a good day πŸ™‚ Had a doctor’s appointment today to get some bloodwork done, pap… weight…all that fun stuff. no ultrasound though and it was mentioned today that I might not get one until 20 weeks πŸ™ Not til January 3rd. Such a bummer. I am 9 weeks 2 days and am team green. Darling Husband would be finding out … but I said I’d rather not know so he says he doesn’t mind waiting until the big day.

Post # 26
    569 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@Mrs.H2B:  My husband is the same…He desperately wants to find out the sex, but I love surprises and want to be guessing my whole pregnancy! So he sheepishly said….”Alright….If you want to wait we can wait…” πŸ˜€

Post # 27
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Thanks, ladies.  I didn’t call my doctor because I already know the answer I get will be that they’re only concerned if it is 1. red, 2. soaking through a pad an hour, and 3. accompanied with heavy cramping. Sadly, I’ve been through this before. They also don’t know I have continued taking the suppositories (when I asked my regular OB she refused to even entertain my inquiry) so I’m sure that would go over like a lead balloon.

As I said, it was always brown and is tapering off so I hope it is what I suspected with the suppository and my careless insertion last night. I have gone to the bathroom at least 8 times so far today (my co-workers must think I’m cuckoo) and each time it seems a little better – there wasn’t really anything this last time.

All my appendages are still and will remain crossed and thanks also to everyone sending thoughts my way… .

Post # 28
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee

@Songbird29:  I think for our next baby I’ll be more willing to find out gender but I would be doing it some fun way… like with a cake to make it more exciting. This time I want to be old fashioned about it… I guess I’ll be cheesy and say I’ve always dreamed of that moment when they set the baby on you saying ” its a boy” or “its a girl”. Pure emotion right? Not that it wouldn’t be emotional otherwise…but that’s what I have pictured.

@hellorebecca:  We have told our parents, siblings, a few close friends…and some of my coworkers know because it’s hard to hide how I’ve been feeling. Next week at 10 weeks I’ll be telling some extended family (my grandparents)  but won’t tell everyone else until a bit after 12 weeks. Facebook probably at 14-15 weeks.

Post # 29
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee

@TheNewlyMrsD:  thinking of you! Praying that everything is okay…and I’m sure it is!

Post # 30
    795 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@TheNewlyMrsD:  Spotting is so scary! I do think it’s most likely fine though. Like you said, you know the kind of bleeding to look out for. Not that it helps calm your nerves much. I spotted off and on from weeks 4-7. I’m 10 weeks now with no spotting in 3 weeks and I still check the tissue every time I go to the bathroom. I’m not sure the worry will ever completely go away, but I hear that’s just being a mom πŸ˜‰

I did have what feels like a milestone the other day. I had my first anxiety dream that wasn’t about losing the baby. I dreamed the baby was born early but perfectly healthy but I wasn’t prepared for it. I didn’t have diapers and I couldn’t figure out how to breastfeed lol. I woke up so happy. The baby in my dream was beautiful and healthy. It helped me really feel better, especially being so close to the end of the first trimester. Darling Husband said he thinks that my body knows that this baby is healthy despite all of my worry. 

@hellorebecca:  I’m so jealous of bees with bumps already. I was already chubby so now I just look and feel more fat lol. I feel like I’m not going to be able to do bump pics until the 3rd tri because the baby is just going to hide in the fat that’s already there. Oh well πŸ™‚ 

Post # 31
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee

@swanks4tw:  I like to push my stomach out and pretend I have a bump and Darling Husband says… no… that’s just from all of those cheeseburgers you’ve been craving lately. haha. ouch.

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors