(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?
    Yes : (23 votes)
    44 %
    No : (14 votes)
    27 %
    I am Team Green!! : (13 votes)
    25 %
    I am not sure yet : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 468
    3507 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

@MrsR4ever:  Aww thank you! I can’t wait to hear from you on Thursday!! Good Luck!!!

Post # 469
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@mtler:  LOVE the colors!

@cherrypie:  Awe that is so amazing! Darling Husband keeps asking me if he can feel her yet, he’s so anxious haha. Good luck at your anatomy scan, I can’t WAIT to hear which team you’re joining! 

@MrsR4ever:  LOL that’s so cute! I found a funny new trick. If you take a bath (obviously not above the temp you’re supposed to) and roll to one side, the baby moves to the opposite side that is out of the water. It’s pretty amusing haha.

I can’t wait to hear what you’re having! Eeep!

Darling Husband and I did gender reveal/maternity pictures on Saturday at Mt St Helens National Park with a friend of mine from Colorado. They turned out even more gorgeous than I could have imagined! And now it’s officially out that we’re having a baby girl. πŸ™‚ HUGE relief haha.

Here’s the link if anyone wants to take a peek at the pics πŸ™‚
    http://sarahgphotography.pass.us/hendricksonbabybump/

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I’ll be out of town until Friday evening, but will be sure to catch up with your ladies’ news as soon as I get home! 

Post # 470
    184 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@cherrypie:  Good luck at your anatomy scan!! Can’t wait to hear your news!!

@PacificMrs:  Your pictures are beautiful!!! I love, love, love them!!

@eecuadrado:  Good luck today! Christmas morning will be so special when you find out the sex of your little one πŸ™‚

Husband bought a stocking for our little man and told me he bought some stuff to fill it with! So precious!!

I’m baking up a cookie storm today, but wanted to wish you all a very, Merry Christmas!! I hope you all enjoy this very special time in your lives and have a wonderful day!!

Post # 472
    580 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Just came from the Dr’s – all is well. I have my anatomy scan on 1/2. I cannot wait!!!!

Post # 474
    Bee
    979 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2008 - A tiny town just outside of Glacier National Park

OK, everyone (@mtler:  @MrsF13:  @PacificMrs:)! Our anatomy scan this morning was wonderful. The person administering the scan was a full-on doctor with a background in radiology, and that was something I did not expect– I assumed we’d have the scan done by an ultrasound tech, so this was a pleasure. He was a funny guy, both in that he had a sense of humor and in that he was kind of an odd duck in the way that some intense medical professionals are. I cannot believe how quickly he completed the scan… from what some of you have posted, I expected to be on the table for over an hour. It took 20 minutes. He said he’s been in radiology for 35 years and that nowadays sometimes (when things are normal), it’s “too easy.” Hah.

He had no bad news to share with us. Baby’s brains, guts, and bones are all in the right places and at the right size doing the right things as far as we can tell. I can’t believe I’m growing another brain inside me. Weird!

And you can add us to Team PINK! Our predictions from our 12w NT scan scan using “nub theory” and our 18-week “fuzzy ultrasound” done by a friend were spot on. My brain was just being contrary by saying, “I bet it’s a boy.” I think, maybe, emotionally bolstering me for the chance that it was possible.

Both of us wanted a girl, so we are over the moon! I can honestly say that I don’t think I have ever been this happy in my life before, crazy emotions, farting, headaches and all. I love being pregnant (caveat: so far). I hope you are all doing well, too!

ETA: Photos! (We got a disc with still images– even the creepy 3D ones, which I had no idea we’d be getting– and a live feed of the whole ultrasound!!)

Post # 475
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@cherrypie:  beautiful! I can’t wait until our 20 week ultrasound , to see so much more detail than the 12 week πŸ™‚ Congratulations on your little girl! 

Here is a photo of Darling Husband and I at 18 weeks on the nose. 

Post # 476
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@cherrypie:  congratulations and welcome to team pink! That’s so funny all of your theories said girl, mine all said boy and look what happened! LOL! 

@Mrs.H2B:  such a pretty picture!!!

Post # 478
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@WifeOfD:  Congrats on your little boy!

@PacificMrs:, @kitakitten:, @cherrypie:  Congrats on your little girls!

@PacificMrs:  Your maternity pics are gorgeous! I love the one with the little pink boots especially! And I love your husbands comment about your little one keeping herself covered up!

@Songbird29:  I am so happy to hear that everything went great with the echo…and that you got to hear and, even better, record the heartbeat! I hope you keep playing it over and over!!

@mtler:  Your accent wall is beautiful! Those colors go really great together. I have in mind to do vertical stripes, in just one color and one width for an accent wall…I thought that was adventureous but after seeing the work you and your husband did, I’m intimidated, haha!

@cherrypie:  So great that your husband felt some kicks! Mine was the same, no patience to wait long enough for one to come at times I was feeling them. Finally, on Satuday night my husband stuck it out and felt three great ones close together and he felt another yesterday morning. He loved it too!

@eecuadrado:  Eek! It is almost time to open the evelope. I can’t wait to do mine so I’m sure you feel the same way, can’t wait to hear what you are having!

@MrsR4ever:  So cute that your little one is snuggling into corners of your belly! It must look so cool!! Thursday will be here before you know it!

@MrsF13:  Your husband buying a stocking and stocking stuffers for baby has to be the most adorable thing, I love it!

@Mrs.H2B:  I love your pic, your belly is so cute!

As for me, we are t-minus approximately 14 hours until we find out if baby is a girl or boy! We always go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve then come home and open presents so we’ll find out then! The gender reveal will be the last one we open. The whole time I have strongly felt girl, but the other night I had a very vivid dream that baby was born and it was our first day home from the hospital…and it was a boy. Last night I had two dreams of us opening the box tonight, once it was a boy and in the other it was a girl. So I am really on the fence now of what I think it might be. I did learn over the weekend though that everyone in my family…dad, brothers, their spouses are hoping it is a girl! So much so that I might feel slightly bad if it is a boy!

Has anyone started to register yet? I am thinking of doing it this weekend. I actually spent hours on Sunday using a registry cheatsheet to compare items on BRU and BBB online. I think I might wind up registering at both places as some things are cheaper at each one.

I still haven’t let work know I am pregnant because I received a title change and pretty decent raise just last week so I decided to wait until it goes into effect before I say anything…under the guise that I wanted to ensure all of my tests turned out okay, which isn’t really a lie…but, I got outed by a teacher yesterday! She was saying goodbye for the break and flat out asked me if I’m pregnant. And I didn’t deny it because I didn’t want to! But I let her know I have not told upper administration yet so I need her to not saying anything…guess the bump is getting super obvious!

I hope all of you who celebrate have a very Merry and safe Christmas! Unfortunately I’m stuck at work today…the teachers and kids are off but not those of us in administration…my boss wound up not coming in at the last minute so you can clearly see how busy and focused I am! I’m desperately hoping they will let us out early!

Post # 479
    423 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Oh wow I’m so excited for you to open your envelope!!! Fx

for you to be let out early as well!!! Merry Christmas!

Post # 480
    423 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you lovely ladies!! I know we will all have such a great time sharing our happiness with friends and family this year – and be thinking of all of our little ones that will be joining us for their first Christmas next year!!!

Post # 481
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@TheNewlyMrsD:  don’t be intimidated! The taping took the longest and I highly recommend getting a laser level so you just have to tape along the laser line.  It’s hard to mess up! I would say in all it took less than 5 hours.  Originally there was supposed to be much more coral than turquoise but we liked it so much we added more once we started painting.  Check out houzz and pinterest to help decide on what kindof stripes you want.  

And I cannot wait to find out what everyone  are having!  So many reveals in the next few days! 

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors