(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?

Yes

No

I am Team Green!!

I am not sure yet

• Post # 63
    795 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  Yay! 11 weeks! I’m right there behind ya, and it feels good to be so close to the second trimester. 

I had kind of a scary weekend though, girls πŸ™

Thursday night we were at home playing some board games with our friends. Everyone was getting ready to leave and then I suddenly felt a gush of something that felt like when my period starts unexpectedly. I ran to the bathroom and sure enough it was bright red blood. My heart sunk. I told DH and he started to kinda hurry everyone out the door casually without telling them what was going on. We ended up going to the ER. Normally I probably would have just waited and called my doctor the next day but we were supposed to go out of town the next day. By the time I got to the ER I was also cramping a bit, so I was sure I was losing the baby although the bleeding was already back down to spotting. They did an ultrasound and I was scared to look at the screen because I thought there wouldn’t be anything there. But there was a baby still. Measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 170. It was moving too! I was shocked.

The doctor diagnosed me with a Subchorionic bleed, which is probably the cause of the spotting I had early on. Apparently they usually just reabsorb on their own. He said mine is really small too. He explained that it’s kind of like a scab in your uterus and until it’s fully healed, if anything irritates it it will bleed again. He put me on percocet for the cramps and to help me sleep through the night. I’m basically supposed to rest as much as possible, avoid lifting or straining, and on strict pelvic rest for at least two weeks. Poor DH hasn’t got hardly any sex since I got pregnant. We JUST got cleared to have sex again two weeks ago and now it’s back off the table indefinitely. He’s very sweet about it but I know it must be frustrating. 

Anyway, that’s what’s new with me. I was thinking we might announce the pregnancy next week, but now I’m super nervous. DH says there’s no reason not too. The baby is still doing good and everything I’ve read about subchorionic bleeds is that they are pretty normal and only increase miscarriage risk slightly. Any positive thoughts you guys could send this way would be helpful though πŸ™‚

Post # 64
    1031 posts
    Bumble bee

I am happy to report that I think I have nearly kicked this sinus infection! I am still getting heaches and some pressure in my face, but no where near as bad as it was before.

I tried talking to the doctor (well nurse) about changing my u/s and they refused to do it : so crummy. I have to wait until December 28th to see my baby, it feels totally unfair. Then there was a strange turn of events. *Long story ahead*: Back in May when hubster and I decided to TTC he really wanted me to get tested for CF, as my nephew has the disease and we want to know what our chances are. I agreed to it, my mom tried speaking with the people at the clinic who were not very helpful and kept leaving me really rude messages when I was out of town, even though everytime I would call them back and explain my odd job situatioin. Eventually we gave up on the whole thing and decided it wouldn’t make us terminate the pregnancy anyhow so why bother. Anyhow, I was at my parents visiting when the clinic called (my parents!). After much confusion on the phone we figured out why this lady was calling me trying to make an appointment. When I said “well it is a little late, I’m already pregnant” she asked how far along I am. I told her my estimate based on my lmp, she said ‘what no dating u/s” I told her well no not until the 28th and she said the magic words “Well if you come in we can just get that done for you the same day”. I’m sold! I’m going to the appointment. It is actually to talk about the testing, I don’t actually have to agree to it, although it is just a blood test so I’m going to find out for my own knowledge, if it comes back that I have the mutation then hubby will get tested. My appointment in this Friday. I’m pretty excited and really hoping that I do get to see baby. I’m also happy that the testing has been offered. Hubs and I have agreed that this would not change our mind if the baby does have CF, but we want to know what we are up against. I was really dissapointed that my mother didn’t want to go with me when I offered, she said ‘the first u/s is something special and I think you and husband should ejoy it alone’ then I repeated for the fourth time “DH cannot get the day off work!!!!”. Honestly it makes me feel soooo unspecial. She went with my sister to ALL her appointments. I asked Mother-In-Law if she would go with me and she was so excited that she almost cried.

I’m sorry that was so long.

In other news: my Mother-In-Law (Bless her heart I know that she is just excited) asked DH if she could announce on faccebook that she is going to be a grandma. And DH said yes! WTH was he thinking? I wanted to keep this OFF of facebook, the people who are going to know either know or will know soon enough. I wanted to keep our baby off the internet, no photos, no announcements nothing. And he said yes. Now he wants to announce that he is going to be a dad, which I’m more okay with, because it is his new to share, but still not thrilled.

Anyone else wanting to keep their kid off social media?

Also…. it’s been 12 weeks? When did that happen?

Post # 65
    283 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
    @swanks4tw:  Ugh soo sorry you had such a rough weekend!  That had to be so scary!  Hugs to you and I´m sure everything will be great!  Glad baby is doing great!

View original reply
    @PoppyH:  Yay so happy you get to see your baby early!!!  How exciting!  Sorry your Mom isn´t more supportive, that hurts!  Because even though this isn´t her first grandchild it is your first right?  Glad your Mother-In-Law is so supportive πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @Songbird29:  Hope you are feeling better!  Keep us updated!

AFM:  I also had kind of an awful weekend.  I started a new prenatal because my last one still made me nauseus and wanted to try something different.  I have to take iron free for health reasons and they are so difficult to find, but I ordered one that was advertised to be gentle on your stomach and it was which was awesome, however I then wasn’t able to go to the bathroom for a couple of days and had such awful cramping on Sat night.  I took some milk of magnesia and then felt like I was going to throw up, it was awful, plus we had an event we had to attend and I was miserable the entire time.  Now I don’t know what I’m going to do about prenatals, I might just keep trying the ones I have and try to eat more fiber and hope that helps.  

On a brighter note I have my appt. on Wed and then am announcing to my students and faculty!  Everyone else in my fam knows bc my mom and DH have big mouths!  I’m excited to finally be able to tell people myself!

Post # 66
    1031 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @mjfaris6:  Have you tried the gummie/chewable prenatals? I started taking them because swallowing pills made me vomit, and I haven’t had any problems with them. Also because they can appeal to children they are iron-free.

I take Vitafusion brand prenatal along with the fiber and calcium chew. I showed them to my doctor who didn’t have a problem with them.

Post # 68
    795 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  Thanks πŸ™‚ Yes, it should go away on its own. The doctor was kind of gruff (can’t blame him though, it was 3am by the time I left) so at first he was like “blah blah blah miscarriages just happen. Nothing we can do about it” which freaked me the f*** out! But then he did reassure me that with my blood sugars under such tight control, my diabetes is not increasing my risk. He also said that he sees these subchorionic bleeds all the time and they almost always go away on their own. Mine is apparently very small compared to some of the ones he’s seen, so he feels pretty confident that it will resolve itself. And yes, I am following his directions religiously. I am back at work today even though he wrote me a note through Wednesday, but I have a desk job that requires very little movement so I think I’ll be fine.

One thing I am curious about though… He did have them check my progesterone level that night and we just got the results back today. It’s 14. The nurse said that normal for first trimester is 7-48 so I’m in “the range.” I asked her to double check with the doctor though because it seems low to me. Does anyone else know what their progesterone level is? Is this low? 

Post # 70
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @swanks4tw:  So glad everything is okay!  I’ve also been diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed. I had a similar bout of WTF bleeding but at 6 weeks and was certain I was miscarrying.  Mine was also very large, measuring 29×11 but was not near the placenta so that was a good thing. I would suggest being aggressive with your doctor to keep on top of its status. I have not had any red bleeding since that one day but I also have no idea if it’s still present or has healed itself. I asked at my first OB visit when she was doing the ultrasound but she really didnt say anything. At my NT scan 10 days ago I didn’t ask the tech because I didn’t know what she might be able to tell me but now I wish I did. I hope you have no more bleeding and all continues to go well. As far as progesterone, I don’t know any recent numbers but when I was with my RE they were checking it constantly and it was always somewhere in the teens and always fluctuated some…I think the highest I ever got was a 21ish. I’m sure if they had a concern they would be doing something about it.

View original reply
    @PoppyH:  Glad you are feeling better and are finally getting that ultrasound…Friday cannot get here fast enough for you!!

View original reply
    @mjfaris6:  I’m sorry you are having poor luck with prenatals. As
    View original reply
    @PoppyH: said, have you tried the chewable ones? I took them previously and also did not have any issue with them. Can your doctor recommend something for you? I currently take Nature Made which I have had zero issue with but I looked and they contain iron. :/

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  Hope you are well!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We were at a Christening with all of our friends this weekend but much to my husband’s disappointment, we didn’t annouce. I kind of felt awkward doing it at someone else’s event but I was seeing how things played out. There was just never a time though and by the end I didn’t want to say anything with only a few people left. I have my next follow-up with the doctor tomorrow afternoon and I told my husband we’ll send everyone an email afterward with a cute tag line and a photo of a onesie we got off Etsy for it. He’s getitng over it, slowly. I cannot hide this candy corn/ice cream bump anymore as it is plus I didn’t drink and I passed up some of the no-no foods, so several of the girls are definitely on to me anyway.

I have a family event next weekend and wanted the Facebook reveal out in advance so everyone would just know and I wouldn’t need to be announcing to anyone but I’m cutting it so close. I just keep chickening out or pushing off. We still haven’t told our siblings, I think our parents actually listened and have kept their mouths shut, we didn’t tell our friends this weekend, I haven’t told my oldest friend since 1st grade…it’s crazy. I think tomorrow evening following the doctor, God willing, is going to be a verrrrry busy one between calls, texts, and everything else.

Also, even though my appointment isn’t until 3:45 tomorrow and I made it that late to be here for most of the school day, I’ve decided that instead, I’m taking a sick day. I need a serious mental health break from this place…and it’s only Monday. My boss wasn’t in love but she’ll get over it!

Post # 71
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Gah, sorry I’ve been a ghost around here! between work and my nerves for my first appointment I’ve been crazy busy!

Well, about 2 1/2 weeks ago I had my dating ultrasound, but yesterday was my first official doctors appointment. Apparently my insurance automatically sets low risk pregnancies up with midwives, which I am SUPER happy about. My normal midwife also had a student with her, and I adore them both. I spent about an hour just talking about how I was feeling, and they really were there for any questions or concerns. 

I’m now 10+6 and they tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler, but couldn’t find it. My heart sank, but the student reassured me it’s still pretty early for the Doppler to pick anything up. They brought in a portable ultrasound machine and wanted to try the abdominal first. At my dating ultrasound they tried the abdominal route, but couldn’t see anything so wound up going the transvaginal route instead.

This time around, they found the baby within a minute And I didn’t even have a full bladder for clarity! Meaning baby is growing πŸ™‚ They both loved the way that everything looks and the baby was moving around a ton! I scheduled my next two appointments and I’m scheduled my 18 week ultrasound today. Hooray!

I promise that I will be around more! Two healthy ultrasounds makes for a happy and more relaxed mama πŸ™‚ I also need to catch up on everyone once I get back to my computer!

Post # 73
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  to me announcing was like pulling a band-aid off.  Just do it fast and get it over with!  It feels really amazing once you start getting people’s reactions!  Have fun with it! 

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  ugh that puking feeling is the worst.  My MS is mostly gone but every once in a while that big puke happens,  Blech!  Hope you feel better soon! 

I am in the middle of a glucose test.  Shoot me.  U have to fast,  drink the sugar drink and fast for 2 more hours and have 3 blood draws.  I feel sick to my stomach and really light headed!  Trying not to throw up.  I have another hour and a half  to go. 

Post # 75
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  I feel like I have to hurl pretty often, but almost every time if I actually do vomit, it’s bile/stomach acid – a weird egg yolk type thing.  It’s gross.  Even more gross than just voiding the contents of my stomach.  I never know what’s going to send me running.  The trash did it on Saturday, my husband brewing a cup of coffee on Sunday… yesterday it was the smell of a banana in my lunchbox.  I am over it!

Has anyone else had fierce headaches?  I had one that began Friday evening and didn’t subside until yesterday morning.  I was a crabby girl most of the weekend as a result. 

On a positive note, had my first appt. and U/S two and a half weeks ago – couldn’t find heartbeat on doppler, but had no issues when they did the U/S.  Everything looks to be on track, which set my mind at ease.

I am truly hoping that once I progress into the second trimester, I magically turn into the glowing lovely pregnant chick I so hoped I would be… instead of the grouchy lumpy bloaty she-beast that I have been for the past couple of months.  Anyone else been out of sorts during the first tri?

Post # 76
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    @mtler:  Wow, what a deal on the baby monitor! Awesome find!

DH and I purchased a crib already from CL. It’s a brand new Delta crib (no recalls, checked) and we paid $40 for it. Retails for $150. πŸ™‚ He works for the city and drives around all day, and he’s also found a Fisher Price travel swing that we just have to buy a new seat cover for and then a brand new, in the box, Graco stroller. No recalls on that either, and free for both! πŸ˜€ 

View original reply
    @OfficeBride: Oh good, it’s not just me! LOL! I swear overnight i went from everything sounding awful to wanting to eat the whole kitchen. I keep waking up from hunger pains too, but my midwife said that some type of nut next to the bed should help since they’re packed full of protein. I went to a buffet yesterday for lunch with a friend and ate 6 plates of salad, three slices of pizza (the square cut kind) and then some mac and cheese. I got home 2 hours later and was hungry again, LOL!

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  Telling people can definitely be stressful! We told our parents and then our close friends already, but we’re actually telling the rest of our family today. It’s nerve wracking, but it seems like you’re safe! Like has been said, it’s like a bandaid. All at once! πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  Sorry to hear about the rough morning, but I’m glad everything wound up being fine! That had to be so scary!

View original reply
    @MommaJenn28:  They say around 9-11 weeks your hormones start leveling off and you get some nausea relief! I still get it at night, but it’s definitely better! Hoooray for feeling better!

View original reply
    @kitakitten:  I used to get frequent migraines, but I had one TERRIBLE headache so far. An epsom salt bath helped out. Obviously don’t make it too hot, but get your neck wet so it helps to relax your neck muscles. Keep it warm without making it hot for best results. Then try lay in bed with a cold wash cloth over your eyes, it really does help. I hope if it happens again you can shake it a lot quicker!

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors