(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?

Yes

No

I am Team Green!!

I am not sure yet

• Post # 77
    567 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  

View original reply
    @mjfaris6:  Thanks ladies, I’ve been feeling much better! I think I may have just over done it at balloon swatterball with my residents…They sit in a circle arms length apart with half a pool noodle (those spongy things that keep you afloat) and smack a balloon around.  I run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep the balloon in bounds, and I think that’s what did it.  I can’t wait to tell my residents I’m KU’d so that I can take it a little easier! Soon!!

View original reply
    @swanks4tw:  How scary.  I’m glad the bleeding stopped, and they found the reason for it.  Your baby sounds like he’s perfectly happy there, so at least you had that to put your mind at ease.  Just try to take it easy *hugs*

View original reply
    @kitakitten:  I’ve definitely been out of sorts!!  I hope the transition into a happy glowing pregnant chick happens soon for me too, instead of the irrational lunatic I’ve been lately!

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  Crap that sounds awful πŸ™  I hope you’re feeling better soon.  *hugs*

I have my next ultrasound on Nov. 6 and I’ll be 12 weeks.  I’ve been anxious lately, because a co-worker miscarried about 4 months ago. She thought everything was fine, and when they did her 12 week ultrasound there was no heartbeat and the baby only dated 7 weeks    πŸ™ It was SO sad, and now I’m kind of worried the same will happen to me. I am trying not to, but it’s so hard not to worry!  I’ve got all the symptoms still, so I think I’ll be alright but I just want to begin my second trimester already!! November 14th can’t come soon enough!!

Post # 78
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
    @Songbird29:  PLEASE try not to worry! I was petrified before my appointment yesterday too, but everything turned out fine. The less that you stress, the better for both of you. The 6th isn’t that far off, and the fact that you’re already this far along means your risk has decreased by a lot. 

Post # 79
    567 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  Thanks…I’m trying to keep the worry at bay and just when I think I’m doing a good job of it, I find my mind swaying to the dark side again! I have absolutely no reason to believe anything is wrong. Exhaustion hits me like a freight train, I still have food aversions and nausea, and my tummy really seems to be betting bigger….even if it is just bloat. I just need to Chillllll…

Post # 80
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @Songbird29:  when I was chatting with my MW yesterday she said every mom is the same, and unless you can feel the baby moving it stays. Even then, you worry. It’s totally normal, you just have to find ways to control it! I just keep busy busy!

Post # 81
    633 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @kitakitten:  she-beast for sure. One that has gained 10 pounds…

Post # 82
    226 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsR4ever: Due Date is…….May 7th! Ill be 13 weeks tomorrow, and to celebrate, I have an ultrasound!!!

Post # 83
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @drlolaz:  Me too!!! (12 if I’m being totally honest here.) High-five for instant weight gain.

Post # 84
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @emmos:  Woohoo! Ultrasounds are the best! 

Post # 85
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Hi ladies…I hope to catch up on everyone’s posts tomorrow.

Had my next OB appt. today and all is still well! It was actually with the nurse practitioner (have to cycle through everyone in the practice) and all is still well! She found the heartbeat pretty quickly and it was 153, she lost it though because baby was playing and she called him/her a squirmy little devil! That was it for the exam part then we headed into the office and went over the blood work from my last visit, etc. The only thing that showed up as a concern was I have no immunity to rubella…weird and interesting…so I’ll have to get a shot after I deliver. 

What I did like that she told me, though it was different than what my doctor said when I was there last time, is that at this point, the risk of a miscarriage is about a half percent. I like her numbers better! πŸ™‚

However, just when you think it’s time to worry less, I left the office with a pamphlet about the blood test they’ll be doing at my next visit to check for spina bifida and now that’s the new thing on my mind.

And…you’ll be happy to know ladies…I ripped the band-aid off!!!  We just sent out a mass email to our friends announcing…we put a pic of my husband with my the onesie we got of his favorite hockey team with the caption ‘a new fan to watch games with…’ a picture of the 216 count of diapers we already purchased with the caption ‘some new deals to shop for…’ (he’s a huge bargain hunter) and lastly an US picture from our NT scan with the caption ‘a baby!!!’ 

I’m also in the midst of texting my siblings with the caption ‘Hi Uncle xx and Aunt xx see you in May.’ …My brother is already on the phone.

Post # 86
    567 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  Thanks for talking me down off my ledge!  I’m relaxed again hahaha!!

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  YAYYY for band-aid ripping!  I cannot wait to do it once I’m into my second trimester!! Congrats πŸ˜€

So…husband and I are watching TV, and a couple is having a baby and they found out the sex of their baby.  I said to husband…We’re not going to find out until we meet our baby right?  and he got up, put his ear on my belly (first time he’s acknowledged it) and listened….Then he reported to me that the baby wasn’t talking much, and that means we’re having a boy!  LOL….love the logic!

Post # 87
    2153 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

In a few hours I will be officially 12 weeks with my twins…or as my friends call them “douces” lol. I can’t believe it! I remember being 5 weeks, praying to make it to the next. My GI issues have magically disappeared, no more quezies/nasea. No more painful bloat…but I do still look incredibly bloated! I found my fundus today, and let my husband feel it…he was amazed to be able to feel it now. It’s a little higher than midway between my belly button and pubic bone, kind of high for 12 weeks but probably normal for twins. I suapect my growing wonb has caused a shift in the location if my intestines…hence the constant bloated appearance. I’m a little sensitive about how my shape has changed, haven’t gained an ounce but ne’er the less I’m changing.

my fatigue doesn’t seem to be improving at all. I feel as though in dragging butt all day. I also feel incredibly weak if I go to long without a snack or water. I’m pretty thirsty with not much of a deaore to drink water. I have been drinking my weight in OJ and low fat milk. I know I need to Start taking it easy. 

I will ill meet my OB in a couple weeks and so excited! I initially had a midwife but since we have twins I now seeing an OB that specializes in high risk pregnancy. 

How. Everyone else feeling??? Anyone else elated to pass the 12 week mark?

Post # 90
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @MrsR4ever:  I’m sorry to hear your MS made a return, I hope it is short lived!

@kitakitten: I have had a few migraines and occasionally get headaches. Thankfully nothing has lasted too long. I hope yours subside for you and that the glow soon replaces any she-beast feelings!

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  What an awesome deal and great finds! You guys are really lucking out. Our only score so far is a 216 count of Pampers Swaddlers size 1 for somewhere around $20. I told my husband he needed to search online for diaper deals and he took me seriously!

View original reply
    @Songbird29:  I am so glad you are feeling better and hope you can continue to work on the balance between feeling good and overdoing it with your residents. I’m sure everything is still fine and I hope Nov. 6 gets here before you know it…one more week! (I also find it humorous that this statement is so easy to say to others yet impossible for ourselves to believe…I’m a constant worry wart that things are still okay.)

View original reply
    @fresitachulita:  I am so happy to hear the second trimester is so close for you!  My fatigue is also not inclined to go anywhere, so with twins I can imagine how much harder it is. Hopefully soon it will get at least a little better for you!

@drlolaz: & @kitakitten: I’m not happy for you that you’re gaining weight already but I am happy I am not the only one.  When I had my first OB appointment and they asked me my pre-pregnancy weight I stupidly blurted out my ideal number…which is definitely not where I really was…and now it looks like I am up 9 pounds and I was getting lectured already yesterday by the NP about watching my weight gain…and not in a nice, gentle, caring way I might add. I let her know I definitely exaggerated where I was to start (though I don’t think she bought it) and then when she commented on my lack of exercise I kindly reminded her that to date no one has cleared me to exercise after finding my subchorionic bleed. She then took it upon herself to “assume” the bleed is gone since the doctor’s report from my nuchal scan didn’t mention anything. Thanks lady, but I’d rather possibly gain a few extra pounds then assume I’m fine, overdo it, and wind up with a major bleed.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Post # 91
    854 posts
    Busy bee

Due Date: May 31st (I was at the end of the month with my first as well, it stinks!)

Cycles trying (if applicable): Two

Symptoms so far: all day morning sickness, exhaustion, starving but can’t cook bc smells make me hate life. Also serious moodiness.

First doctors appointment: I’ve have had 3 already and 3 U/S

Most excited for: giving our DD a little sibling! she is so so excited.

Most nervous about: Being home all day with two babies πŸ™‚

Hoping for a boy or girl: girl for me and DD (I feel more comfy with a girl) but a boy bc I think my DH would like a boy.

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: Sushi and sleep

Possible names: Chloe Carson 

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re  spouses? Model for me and DH works for FedEx

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors