(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?

Yes

No

I am Team Green!!

I am not sure yet

• Post # 92
    854 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @fresitachulita:  I have the same bloating issues. I hide from my DH bc he and my DD think Im “showing” and love it but honestly it’s all bloat. I’ve gained weight for sure so Im hating my current shape! Oh and OJ is the only thing I can drink without choking it down!

Post # 93
    184 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  What a cute way to announce!!! I have my next OB appt. next Monday and the nerves are kicking in, but I’m trying my best to breathe and not worry so much. There will always be something to worry about, so gotta try not to think about it. Which is much easier said than done! lol

View original reply
    @Chrissy26:  Welcome May mama!!

Post # 94
    854 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Songbird29:  I have chest pains too. I also have low blood sugar, very low blood pressure and with that is dizziness and heart palpaltations. It sucks

Post # 95
    854 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MrsF13:  thanks!! My EDD changed from June 6th but this is actually the one I thought it was all along! I’m just reading and trying to catch up πŸ™‚

Post # 96
    21 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2011

Hey ladies, I am now 10 weeks and STILL feel atrocious. Okay, I know I keep going on about it, but seriously I feel more like death than bringing a new life into the World. Since week 6 my MS has completely destroyed my life, literally bed bound now for 4 weeks and signed off work. I can’t cook for myself, do any house work, get out of bed or even shower. Been into Hospital twice as it feels like I have a virus or food poisoning but the Doctors do not care. I worry as I just don’t feel well at all and am in constant pain, specially in my tummy – like I have a bug. I am crying all day and I can’t cope anymore. Both my mum and sister were high risk during their pregnancies, my mum nearly died giving birth and both my sister and I threatened to miscarry throughout & my sisters baby nearly died at birth due to neglect from the doctors, plus she was also very poorly. She leaked fluid 3 weeks before the due date but again no one cared. My nephew is now disabled due to the fluid leaking and the placenta broke down. I don’t feel like doctors care and yes I have sought numerous opinions now. I don’t know what to do, seriously I feel so crap all day and night πŸ™ help

Post # 97
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
    @Mumble5867:  Awww you poor thing.  Has the Dr prescribed you any medication?  Here they prescribe diclectin, but I am not sure about the UK.  Hopefully  as you approach your second trimester you will start  to feel better!  Can you choose your dr?  I hope you are able to find one you trust!  What about a midwife?  I wish I could do something to help you sound so sad and miserable!  Hang in there! 

Post # 98
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  Ummm I’d be either in tears or lashing out big-time if I had been talked to that way by the nurse!  My next appointment is next week.. I’m really hoping no one says anything to me. Who knows what might come flying out of my mouth. I’m a woman on the edge these days!

Also, I hope that the bleeding is gone for good and that it is smooth sailing from here on. πŸ™‚

Post # 99
    264 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @TheNewlyMrsD:  I am so glad to hear you went public!  Yay! 

Post # 100
    633 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

2 things to the crowd:

1) when are you all planning on announcing? I had a nightmare last night that 2 coworkers were pregnant and had told our boss and basically forced me into telling so I didn’t end up working their shifts in the spring! I’m 12 weeks today…

2) when is the right time to start buying stuff to outfit baby’s room? Like a crib or the other big furniture that isn’t going to just magically show up in a box on our doorstep… It feels a little early, but I don’t know how I’m going to feel about the Ikea multitool in a few months (e.g. impatient)

Post # 101
    264 posts
    Helper bee

I forgot to mention when I went for my NT scan I asked the tech if she thought buy or girl and she checked the nub and explained it to us.  So for all of you with upcoming ultrasounds it’s worth asking if you are curious!  I am sure some techs won’t do it but ours was super nice! 

Post # 103
    Hostess
    3367 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Hey ladies! Well, we have OFFICIALLY gone public! I’m 11+1 today, but we’ve had two totally healthy ultrasounds so we’re confident. It’s Facebook official now and everyone knows. I feel such a huge relief! 

Post # 104
    264 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  yay congrats!

Post # 105
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  YAY!!!!!! I went Facebook official last night — it was scary but fun. Seeing all the ‘likes’ and reading everyone’s comments has been encouraging!

View original reply
    @Mumble5867:  Yikes! You are having such a rough go of it, you poor thing. I have a friend who was literally barely able to function with the sickness in her first trimester but she slowly got better as she moved into her second. I’m also sorry the doctors do not seem to be of any help – being in the US I don’t know what exactly you can do in addition to what you already have so I just wish you the best and hope it steadily gets better for you.

View original reply
    @drlolaz:  I just announced this week and am 14 weeks today but it is completely up to the individual. Some do it really early while others wait until anatomy scan and others still never really officially announce (at least from a big annoucement/social media standpoint). I say do what you are comfortable with…ripping off the bandaid was super hard for me and still is in hindsight but I am glad to have done it.

View original reply
    @drlolaz:  Also up to the individual when you wish to begin buying. Personally I feel like getting to the second trimester is a good benchmark because the risk of loss is lower. I don’t know how things will play out but in my head, I don’t plan on registering until just after Christmas. However, I’m sure people will be nagging me about things way beforehand so I might crack. I have and do already look for items…like I already know what crib I want (color just depends on boy or girl) so I will be ready to order that after we find out the gender. A lot also depends on if you will be paying for most items yourself, then it is best to spread them out over time. If you anticipate a lot of family support/showers then a bigger registry might be in order.

View original reply
    @mtler:  I wanted to ask how your glucose test went the other day? I am dreading that!  Is there a specific reason why you had that now — I won’t be having mine until 28 weeks.

Post # 106
    283 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Sorry for the large pic, but this was my “announcement” today at school.  So now everyone knows eeeek!

Also had my 14 week appt. and heard the heartbeat, no us :(, however I tell ya hearing that is the most relaxing thing in the world even if I don’t get to see baby!  Just makes me feel so much better.  Also started the gummies yesterday and so far so good!

One concerning thing from the doc is that I’ve lost weight.  I haven’t thrown up, but have been nauseaus.  I feel like I’ve been eating more in the last couple of weeks so hopefully next appt. I’ll have gained some weight.

View original reply
    @Mumble5867:  I am so sorry you are going through so much and not getting help, that has to be the worst feeling ever.  I would say keep asking as many people or different doctors for help that you can!  Thinking of you (((Hugs)))

View original reply
    @drlolaz:  I think you’re safe to announce!  Good luck!!  As for furniture and such we don’t plan on buying until after the new year when we find out gender, but I’d say anytime you are comfortable buying stuff!  I am stocking up major on diapers!  i have 5 boxes of various sizes so far and just think I’ll continue to buy a box at a time everytime I go to the store!  I read newborns can go through about 10-12 a day!  Yikes!  (Btw I thought about cloth, but just don’t think that’ll work for us!)

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  Yay for going public!  It is like ripping a band-aid off πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @Chrissy26:  Welome to the May board!  So happy to have you!  Hope all is well πŸ™‚

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors