(Closed) May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?

Yes

No

I am Team Green!!

I am not sure yet

• Post # 107
    258 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@TheNewlyMrsD:  yuck it is rough! it’s the fasting that was the issue. It was about a three hour ordeal so I didnt eat anything until almost 1pm, not so easy! I was really light headed and nauseous but I found out today my results were good.

I have PCOS so my endocrinologist wanted me to do it early because preggos with pcos have a 50% chance of getting gestational diabetes. I am not sure if i am going to have to do it again later or if this was it.

Post # 108
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2011

Thanks all for the love and hugs πŸ™‚ Ive been given meds for physically being sick, but won’t help with the nausea apparently. Fingers crossed this passes over the nxt few weeks!! X

Post # 109
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2011

@mjfaris6:  Awesome way of announcing your news!!

Post # 110
    Hostess
    2253 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Well, this was yesterday! 11+1 and it looks like I’m already starting to get a bump. It’a been there about 3 days now, when I wake up and go to bed. No bloat here!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eq5gk9&s=5

Post # 111
    1135 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I’ve been MIA for awhile but have had a rough last week. DH had a bad bacterial infection and it seems like I’ve caught something from him…. feeling absolutely miserable. Haven’t been sleeping well the last few nights and am also a little anxious because at 10.5 weeks I have no nausea whatsoever. it just disappeared. Feeling like this pregnancy so far has been such a rollar coaster ride! 

Post # 112
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@Chrissy26:  Welcome!!!

View original reply
    @mjfaris6: Yay for letting work know…those shirts are so cute!

View original reply
    @mtler:  Glad you had good results, despite the ill feelings that come along with it. That’s interesting that they had you do it so early. I hope for your sake it will be the only one you have to do.

View original reply
    @PacificMrs:  So cute! That looks like a real bump to me!!

View original reply
    @Mrs.H2B:  Yikes! I hope your husband is okay and that whatever you seem to be picking up turns out to be nothing and that all is still well – when do you go to the doctor again?

I have to say, I don’t know how you MS/all the time sick bees do it (not that you have a choice). This morning I woke up dying for some OJ. Packed an english muffin and some juice to eat when I got to work…and now I am D.Y.I.N.G. I had 5 ounces of OJ, my stomach is burning and I feel like I could throw up at any moment – it is going to be a loooonnnng time before I look at OJ the same way again. I cannot imagine this feeling day in and day out, I have really been spared. One thing I do know is I would give my left arm for a can of ginger ale right now!

I plan to attempt some maternity shopping tomorrow (I’m already trying to stave off the idea that I’ll leave disappointed). I had kept some items that a cousin gifted to me but they were all awful so I really have nothing and I can’t take it anymore. Today and yesterday I wore regular pants to work doing the hairtie around the button trick to close them and I am still incredibly uncomfortable, especially today. The thought of how expensive everything is going to be is already annoying me but I am determined to go. Things like shirts & sweaters I’d be willing to buy online but I really need to try pants on. Anyone else go shopping already? Advice!?!?

Post # 113
    1135 posts
    Bumble bee

@TheNewlyMrsD:  Have an appointment with my OBGYN November 12th. pretty sure I’m going to call my family doctor today for reassurance that there’s nothing I can do. feel helpless and miserable πŸ™

Post # 114
    Hostess
    2253 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@Mrs.H2B:  my nausea disappeared at 10 weeks too. I freaked, but my MW said it’s because your hormones level out around this time! Don’t worry I’m sure little bean is just fine. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 116
    1135 posts
    Bumble bee

@MrsR4ever:  not really sure… they just called it a bacterial infection and gave him antibiotics… he’s feeling a little better now although still not 100%. Much better than a few days ago though…and it feels like mine is at its worst at this point. Thanks for the positive words ladies… makes me feel better. 

Post # 117
    12 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking on these boards for a little while and have finally got around to joining. My husband and I are from Victoria, Australia. We are expecting our first baby on May 28th. I am just so excited and nervous at the same time. I had quite bad MS for the first 9 weeks, now I am 10w3d and I am feeling much better; I hope this is a good sign? I also had very sore breasts but now they are completely fine too. Weird. I am hoping that everything is okay, I keep telling myself that ‘what will be will be’ and to try to no worry as there isn’t really anything I can do to prevent MC. Gosh, I never thought I would be worried about MC but holy cow I am! I must admit, it is sort of a relief to read that I am not the only lady who worries about this. 

Due Date: May 28th 2014

Cycles trying (if applicable): one, very lucky!

Symptoms so far: nausea, sore breast, sensitive to smell, tiredness and extreme hunger 

First doctors appointment:At 5 weeks to confirm that I was pregnant and have blood tests. I also had a dating ultra sound at 6w1d. Next appointment is November 8th.

Most excited for: meeting our new little baby!

Most nervous about: Miscarriage

Hoping for a boy or girl:I honestly will be happy with either, my husband is secretly hoping for a son.

What will you miss most over the next 9  months:WINE!

Possible names:Alice, Mary, Lucy, Louie, Patrick, Henry…the list just keeps getting bigger. For years I have have loved the name Mae if I ever had a daughter, now that bubs is due in May I won’t use that name.

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re  spouses? I am a primary school teacher, my husband works in his families cafe as the head cook.

Post # 118
    863 posts
    Busy bee

I went for my genetic counciing session yesterday, it was good, but there was so much information thrown at me, also there were some rather personal family questions asked that made me cringe that I had asked Mother-In-Law to go with me. DH couldn’t get the day off work and my own mother had no interest in going. In short I have decided to go along with the test for CF, although if baby has CF it will not change our minds about the pregnancy, however if DH and I are both carriers it will have a bearing on how many children we have. Since it is not a time sensitive issue, I am waiting until I am 15 weeks and getting some other optional tests as well, which honestly makes me annoyed that my own doctor never offered them to me :(. The geneticist said those magic words to me….. “Let’s send you for an ultrasound right now!” ummm yes please.

The u/s tech was quite possibly the sweetest person I’ve met, and she won my favourite person of the day award. No problem attempting to find the baby. She plopped the thing on my belly and it was hello-baby. It was perfect the first words that came out of her mouth her “Oh my gaawd!!!…….. you have SUCH a cute baby!”. why yes yes I do! lol! She did all the measurments and assessments that she needed to do and then she started playing around. She showed me baby’s little hands and feet, and baby decided to move, anytime baby was moving she would laugh and just let myself and Mother-In-Law watch, baby apparearced to be waving, kicking and sucking their thumb at one point. She also printed off 13 photos for me. She hands them to me and says “I think I spoiled you a little bit, I was print happy, you’re baby is too cute”. She just kept saying how cute baby is. She also conferred with the doctor and said that as far as they can tell baby is perfect. She did an NT scan and babies fluid is 1.7, no where near the radar for being concerned.

I’m really showing. I ran into a mom who’s daughter I used to dance with at the grocery store and she had a huge smile on her face, grabbed my tummy and said “Oh when did THIS happen?”, and someone at the absoluty crappy part time job that I’ve picked up asked me if I was pregnant yesterday. I’m feeling self-cautious about it though, I’ve always been small and this is a very odd change for me.

I have my first obs appointment Friday, hoping that everything is still well.

I showed DH the photos when he got home, just expecting him to go ‘whats that?’ but no, he was very excited, and I found them on the couch this morning, I suppose he was looking at them before his hunting trip πŸ™‚ 

Post # 119
    62 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I thought I was going to be a June Mama, but I had my first appointment at 9w4d, and it turns out I am due in May!  So excited!

Due Date:  May 31st

Cycles trying (if applicable): 2

Symptoms so far: sore boobs, serious food aversions (I won’t touch anything green), fatigue

First doctors appointment: 10/31/2013 at 9w4d

Most excited for: Seeing the baby for the first time, and holding him/her.

Most nervous about:  Diapers and Breastfeeding.  They both seem very overwhelming.

Hoping for a boy or girl:  Girl

What will you miss most over the next 9  months:  A good microbrew every now and then.

Possible names:  Esmée, Nathaniel, Henry, Claire

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re  spouses?  We are both teachers.

Post # 120
    12 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@PoppyH  That sounds great! It must have been lovely to see your baby moving around and doing its thing. Try not to feel too self conscious, I know it’s hard but it is perfectly natural and a sign that you and bubs are healthy. 

@nantes14 Welcome to May babies, you’re due just a few days after me!

Post # 121
    258 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I don’t know if people are ready to make big purchases but albeebaby.com is having a friends and family 20% off sale this weekend on some stuff. it’s a good website in general, they often have stuff on sale.

Eta: the sale applies on some stuff no everything.

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors