(Closed) May 2014 Babies . . . Part 3!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you working on your LO's nursery yet?

Yes

Not yet, we are still discussing what we want

It's done!

• Post # 32
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

How far along are you? 22 weeks 3 days

How old are you? DH? 32 and DH is 30

Any crazy cravings? i am not a sweets person but that is all I want lately!  

Weight gain to date? 14lbs.  Eek better get back on the treadmill 

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or  at  birth)? I found out on the 11th and it is a girl

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! we are currently debating having one striped wall with baby’s name or doing a white tree on a lavender wall with turquoise accents. Either way the room will probably be purples teals and white

Post # 33
    214 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Here is one image except the birds and squirrel would be teal

Post # 34
    431 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@mjfaris6:  Thanks! I love that one too but I don’t love the owl.  I’ve looked and saw some similar but I find the yellows are much more harsh than the one I love. It’s the craziest thing…I’m normally pretty easy going but I’ve got my heart set on that one, and I don’t see any way it’ll work out πŸ™  I love your nursery colours!

Post # 35
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Roll  Call!

How far along are you? 20 weeks today! (Due date moved back up to May 18 at last U/S)

How old are you? DH? I am 29, he is 28.

Any crazy cravings? Not really… I pretty much like it all, except eggs. NO EGGS.

Weight gain to date? 20 pounds. It results in a near-nightly meltdown on my part.  Now that I am finally out of the woods with the headaches, it is time to get the eating and exercising on lockdown because I’m a beast.

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at  birth)?
    We are having a little girl; found out right before Christmas!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!

My parents came to visit for the holidays and we painted the nursery a really nice pale yellow.  We bought espresso nursery furniture that is arriving in waves, and it’s getting assembled.  We are going to accent in lavender and maybe teal as well.

Here is my inspiration for bedding.

Post # 36
    167 posts
    Blushing bee

@Songbird29:  Your nursery ideas and the colors are really lovely.  Good work!!

Post # 38
    431 posts
    Helper bee

@kitakitten:  Thank you! I love yours as well πŸ™‚  I just hope that my vision and what we actually create are similar!

View original reply
    @mjfaris6:  LOL I would never have thought you’re crazy! Thank you so much for trying to help me out!  I LOVE that last one your found!!!  Maybe minus the darker owl, but I love it.  I didn’t see that one on ETSY! I kinda got discouraged when I realized I couldn’t get the one I fell in love with at sears, I called their toll free line, and they couldn’t help me…then I called Sears Canada and they couldn’t help me either…So I stopped looking.  But I LOVE that one on ETSY!  Thank you so much!

Post # 39
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@MrsR4ever:

View original reply
    @MrsF13:, and 
    View original reply
    @Songbird29:  Thank you, you are all very sweet! It’s comforting to be reassured that I’m not a jerk for having specific wants and desires for my baby shower.

Things are looking up, she didn’t get it at first, emailed me Saturday morning and said she would cancel it all but after I said again I want to move forward with whatever is already planned because the gesture/effort is appreciated but I just want to be involved, she now gets it…sort of. She hadn’t done invitations yet so I let her know I will handle them and sent her the proof I already created to make sure she liked it also. This way I can include a note to guests to please bring a book instead of a card. I also have all of the activities and favors already planned so I’m hoping she’ll be okay with it.

And I think (hope) I have finally gotten through to my husband that he has to speak up for ME in the future. I totally get everything was booked before he was informed but he should have told her the day he found out and then not continued to try and hide it from me just because he knew I wasn’t going to be happy. He gets it, I think… . And, he spoke to our friends who son is turning one to let them know my shower is the date they were considering…glad it was him and not me!

Hoping things continue to go okay moving forward!

Post # 40
    182 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@Songbird29:  I love the gray and yellow together and I also love that tree and the owls, do you have the actual Sears link for it? I think the last one 

View original reply
    @mjfaris6: found on Etsy is a really close second and looks great also. Both of you have a great eye!

View original reply
    @mjfaris6:  I love the leaves blowing in the wind…and I think teal for the birds and squirrel would look so great!

View original reply
    @kitakitten:  I love, love, love your inspiration bedding. The purple and blue look so great together. I almost went with a paisley sheet but chose the flowery one instead because of the blue in it.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s for real finished nurseries!!!

I’m so happy that this outfit: http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-sets-pant-sets-bodysuit/V_121B692.html finally has my husband SO EXCITED for his little girl to get here! He’s loved these pieces for boys…the dog, monkey, raccoon, and I knew he was sad we wouldn’t be getting them so I found this and dragged him back to the store to buy it yesterday. I’ve since hung it in the nursery and it can be seen in the doorway, now each time one of us passes it we’re yelling out ‘monkey butt’…I’m pretty sure that’s gonna wind up being this poor little girl’s nickname for her remaining occupancy in my belly but ANYTHING to have my happy, excited husband!

For the record, I also really want this one: http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-sets-pant-sets-bodysuit/V_121B693.html and am even considering it as her take home outfit bc I love that it says Daddy’s Girl, but…I need to control myself. I will defintiely be stalking for better sales though!! πŸ™‚

Post # 41
    32 posts
    Newbee

How far along are you? I hit 22 weeks tomorrow! Eeek, it seems like it’s going so fast!

How old are you? DH? I am 26 and DH is 28

Any crazy cravings? Fried pickles is what I crave most. Tonight I was craving homemade coleslaw (it has to be my mother’s recipe) and a banana split. 

Weight gain to date? I have gained about 20 lbs so far. I haven’t been running because of lack of energy and all the ice on the ground. And the smell of meat has made me nauseous so I’ve been eating a lot of starch and not much protein. πŸ™

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at  birth)? We’ll be finding out at the birth of our little one!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! I haven’t gotten so far with nursery preparations. We’re still working on cleaning out the spare bedroom and getting furniture. Our general theme will be safari animals, so lots of bright colors.

Post # 42
    62 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

How far along are you?  18 weeks today.

How old are you? DH? Me 29/DH 29

Any crazy cravings? I can’t get away from the sweets!  I have been going crazy this week with the holidays!

Weight gain to date? 5 pounds

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at  birth)? 

We will find out on January 10th at our anatomy scan.

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!   I am actually quite clueless.  I have been focusing my attention on revising and revising and revising my Amazon registry.  

Post # 43
    431 posts
    Helper bee

@TheNewlyMrsD:  I’m so glad you’re feeling a little better about the shower. Just talk to your step mother, I’m sure she will understand πŸ™‚

I do have the link for the Sears decal! I knowwwww…it is my #1 choice but I don’t think it will be possible unfortunately. I think if something is not available in Canada, then Canadians should not have access to the web page. I’ll admit, I cried when I found out I can’t get it! I blame the horomones. At any rate, here is the link!

http://www.sears.com/bebe-bottle-sling-yellow-owl-wall-decal-gender/p-SPM7183711808P

It’s expensive but it was going to be our main decor in the nursery, as I’m skipping all the expensive bedding and stuff. Annnnd…I love it that much I didn’t care about the price!

Love those little outfits by the way!

Post # 46
    409 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@TheNewlyMrsD:  awwww hun I feel for you!! You must be so disappointed. It is nice they are thinking of you and all, but for your hubby to know how important your plans were and not to relay your wish to take care of it yourself…I can understand your sadness. A baby shower is usually only something that happens once! Is there any chance you can combine your ideas – such as the one about bringing a book for baby? Good luck and let us know how it goes – we’re here for you!

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies . . . Part 3!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors