(Closed) May 2014 Babies: Part 4!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 91
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

WifeOfD:  Actually, I was told today that baby is finally head down and in position.  However, the placenta did not move, so I will have a C-Section on May 12.  I am going to have one last look at it on May 1st, but if nothing changes by then, C-Section it is! πŸ™  How is your baby positioned now?  Still not head down?

eecuadrado:  sorry EDD twin πŸ™ my baby is coming on May 12 now!  We are twins at heart! πŸ™‚

Post # 92
3507 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MrsR4ever:  WAHHH! Lol forever twins at heart! That’s the best day after mother’s day gift ever!! Good luck!!

Post # 93
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

MrsR4ever:  still breech unfortunately so it’ll be ECV for me, then determining next steps if it doesn’t work :s

Post # 94
4575 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  Thank you, love πŸ™‚

WifeOfD:  Oh no! I am sorry, mama!  I will cross everything so this little nugget of yours moves his butt up!

Post # 95
3507 posts
Sugar bee

Hello May mommies! Where have you all gone?! I feel like on 4 of us are active!

Anywhoooo happy Monday!!!

This mama is now 35 weeks and a day!! Meaning only 5 weeks until my due date!!! My mind is blown!!! When I found out I was pregnant I was 5 weeks and now to think that I only have 5 weeks left is so insane!!

I got my first mommy massage ever (duh) and it was great! Feet and ankles are still swollen!!! Boobs are leaking more and more but other than that I still pretty good. I get up maybe 2-3 times a night for the bathroom and try my best to find a comfortable way to sleep.

How are you lovely ladies doing?

Post # 96
1031 posts
Bumble bee

Hi ladies

ive been more active on the Facebook page since my laptop screen died, I have dh’s iPad but I hate trying to type on it. I miss my laptop lol. 

I don’t really have updates that aren’t totally whiney. I saw he doctor who says the blue bear is sill perfect, head down and good strong heartbeat. Apparent also measuring a little small but it is of no concern.  I’m just uncomfortable like massively massively uncomfortable. I pee constantly lol. I am also really quick to get emotional lately I seem to get passed off easily but need extra love. Poor Darling Husband, he is so patient. 

Since we are having the shower after baby’s arrival we have collected bare minimum things. Saturday we went out and got my breast pump (thanks insurance) receiving blankets, play sheets, diapers, wipes, baby bath essentials. I now understand why people want the shower before hand, but I’m still uncomfortable with it. 

The doctor also said realistically baby can come whenever they are ready to make an appearance. It has me on edge. Darling Husband tells me that I look like an over stuffed pizza pop!

Post # 97
4575 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  same here at 35 weeks, but only 4 weeks until May 12, my new EDD πŸ™‚ Your massage sounds lovely.  I wish I could get one before I give birth, but I dont think it will be possible between working from home and trying to get things done at home.  If not, I just have to wait until after I give birth since my hospital has massages scheduled for all the new mommies before we get discharged …. YAY

PoppyH:  same here as well πŸ™‚  I pee constantly !!! I get up more and more every night, with DH’s help, of course haha …. my LO is also in position.  Getting the basics for now isnt so bad. I am sure most of the time our babies will be in onesies and just diapers πŸ™‚  since it is already nice out and summer is just around the corner, you know..

Post # 98
3507 posts
Sugar bee

MrsR4ever:  Awww are you nervous for your c-section?! Whaaaa your hospital is awesome!!! My hospital has massages on site but you have to pay -_- I’ll be counting your weeks down as well as mine

Post # 99
4575 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  so far I am not nervous at all, thank you for asking πŸ™‚ but this might all change the day before my actual surgery.  I have had surgeries before, but this is so different because I am not going to be put to sleep, so I might get a bit nervous about that when the time comes.  Maybe you could to your Darling Husband that a massage sure be lovely after giving birth hee hee  and who know maybe he will treat you to it πŸ™‚  …

Post # 100
3507 posts
Sugar bee

MrsR4ever:  Aww I’m sure it’s going go great!! You have less than a month now right?! Sooo exciting!!

Oh I will for sure get one lol I’m sure after giving birth he’ll gladly give me whatever I want

Post # 101
4575 posts
Honey bee

36 weeks today!! We are getting so close to May, ladies!! Eep!!!

Have a nice weekend!!!

Post # 102
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

MrsR4ever:  How could I have forgotten about the awesomeness that is a massage!?!?! Thanks for the reminder, I just mentioned it to my husband and he asked what he gets…I said, to babysit!

I agree this page has gotten pretty inactive, since finishing work this is the first time I’m coming on an actual computer. I’m glad to hear though that those of you still posting here are doing well, despite the usual aches and pains!

I’ve been keeping up on Facebook…38 weeks 3 days for me today and I am definitely slowing down. Find that bending over guarantees me a Braxton Hicks contraction (I’m guessing it’s a BH anyway because it’s not painful necessarily just takes my breath away for a few seconds). Everything is just getting hard.

Will be curious for my doctor’s appointment on Monday to see if anything is doing down there…more so to know if she’s engaged than if I’m dilated or effaced since I know those don’t mean too much. I don’t feel like she is though seeing as I’ve been getting a lot of shortness of breath just starting recently and some ridiculous kicks to my right ribs throughout the day. Yesterday I was trying to make a left onto a busy street and had to wait out several opportunities because she was kicking and it was all I could concentrate on.

Still hoping for a May baby though, not rushing this little girl in the least! πŸ™‚

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and Easter if you celebrate!

Post # 103
4575 posts
Honey bee

TheNewlyMrsD:  That’sright! They shall babysit while we get pampered!  Good luck at your appointment today πŸ™‚

Post # 104
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

MrsR4ever:  have you done much research on the c section? Since I may also have one I’m looking for as much info as possible. I’m most nervous about the recovery….have you heard positive or negative things? Or tips to help recovery go faster? Just nervous about recovery because I think taking care of a newborn is going to be challenging enough without factoring in abdominal surgery!

Post # 105
4575 posts
Honey bee

WifeOfD:  Yes, I have.  I have spoken to people that have had it, including some bees.  The recovery really, so far, is 50/50 some recover as fast as 24 to 48 hours, they are walking and moving around and taking showers just fine, some of them take from 1 to 2 weeks to start feeling better.  I think its an average of a week.  I was advised that even if I dont think I need the pain killers, I should take them when I am told to do so. Dont wait until you are in pain to take them because it will take some time for it to kick in.  Also, wear comfortable underwear that wont touch your incesion and even wear something comfortable when you get out of the hospital that wont hurt or touch your incesion.  I am bringing my maternity sweat pants and I bought a couple of big and comfy underwear.  The hospital advises that you get up as soon as you can and walk around.  The doctors will make you get up and they will even make you shower before you check out.  At least that’s what I was told.  My boss’ wife who had three c-sections tells me that I should not sit for long periods of time, because my skin will start feeling tight, so try to take short walks or just walk around your house.  Do not lift anything heavier than your baby and have someone hang you the baby over.  This is what I have been able to gathered so far.  Oh, also, even with a c-section your uterus will contract to go back in size and I am not looking forward to this… sigh! 

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies: Part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors