(Closed) May 2014 Babies: Part 4!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 121
3507 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MrsR4ever:  Omg I knowwww!! May is just 2 full days away! I can’t wait. I sure hope that’s what all these BH’s mean!! How have you been feeling?! Esp since your c-section is sooo close now.

Post # 122
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

eecuadrado:  Thank you for asking, lady! I am doing okay.  I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a baby girl and me and Darling Husband wanted to return her back to the hospital, because I wanted my boy instead lol …. I kept saying “but I was told I was having a boy!!!” lol …..

Post # 123
3507 posts
Sugar bee

MrsR4ever:  Bahahahaha stop!!! Omg that would be insane!!! I hope you get your boy lol they better not mess that up for you darling.

Everyone who sees me thinks I’m having twins, please keep in mind I’ve only gained 25 pounds my whole pregnancy!! How crazy would that be if I went into labor, gave birth to MJ and the doctors say “Here comes baby B!” I’d pass out.

I can’t wait until you have your sweet baby boy!

Post # 124
4575 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  I think I would pass out too, if they tell me there is another nugget in there, although if they tell me is a girl, then that wouldn’t be so bad, this way I have one of each and I am done! haha πŸ™‚  I want to meet your LO too!

Post # 125
3507 posts
Sugar bee

MrsR4ever:  hahaha my thoughts exactly! I wouldn’t be so upset if it was a girl! Soon enough love! I can’t believe it’s soo soon. When do you go on leave?

Post # 126
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hey ladies- two days away until May. I’m a ticking time bomb at just over 37 weeks, and the twins can come at any moment. Although my doc was surprised I haven’t gone into labour yet. Hoping I can make it until May!

Post # 127
4575 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  I will go on ML on May 12 and you?

OfficeBride:  eep!!!! I can’t believe your twins aren’t here either.  Is your doctor going to let you get to 40 weeks?

Post # 128
3507 posts
Sugar bee

OfficeBride:  awwww twins!!! I can’t believe it’s almost MAY!

MrsR4ever:  Oh nice nice!! How exciting!! I go on leave May 16th, if I make it lol

Post # 129
3507 posts
Sugar bee

HAPPY MAY 1ST MAMAS!!!!!

Post # 130
4575 posts
Honey bee

It is officially our month!!! How exciting!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 131
1153 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

March mom stopping by.. I can’t wait to see the May babies!!

Post # 132
3507 posts
Sugar bee

9 days and counting!

Post # 133
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

MrsR4ever:  as mentioned, the staff at MMC was really great but here’s a quick overview for you. Sorry it’s coming so late, I’m trying to survive the first days with a new, fussy baby!

All of the nurses were great, I will warn you though, you’ll get way more compassion from those who are moms, the younger nurses simply don’t know what it’s like because they haven’t been there.

There was no need to the bath towrls we brought. The bathroom was well stocked with plenty towels for both my husband and I, save the space in your bags! Definitely bring a pillow and blanket for your husband. In l&d since we were there overnight they got my husband a cot, sheets, pillow, etc. but once in postpartum, he was a forgotten soal. They never offered him anything for sleeping.

If you plan to breastfeed I highly recommend bringing your nursing pillow..my baby’s pediatrician gave me that tip and I didn’t bring it and regret it. I never saw a lactation consultant which kinda sucked. I was also warned by the pediatrician they aren’t great there because they only work part-time so it’s very hit or miss and I was a miss, sadly. The nurses were helpful, though I did find they each had their own style, it wasn’t universal “do it like this” support.

As you know they are pushing rooming in but honestly, take advantage of the nursery at night, especially with having a section. We kept her the first night and it was pure misery, she didn’t sleep a wink. My husband and I took hour shifts and it was hell. The second night I made the nurse take her. Those three hours were so needed.

I don’t know about restrictions for you but the food was all good. And they give so much most of the time my husband just ate half of my meal and we were both well fed. Perhaps I’m crazy but I found the french toast and bacon at breakfast to be AMAZING. For your celebration meal…don’t order the tuna, my husband hated it!

I know our postpartum care will be different so my only advice is to do what feels right for you. By the second morning I was told not to use ice packs anymore and listened because “that’s what I was told to do” and now a few days later I am absolutely dying from the swelling. I wish I had done what I thought was best for me and my care.

The massage was great (but too short!).

And lastly, the nurses really appreciated the snacks we brought for them. We gave ours at the end…I may have been spoiled more had I given it up at the start.

Oh, and pray there isn’t someone like me there giving birth. I bumped a woman’s c-section because this baby of mind was coming out like a freight train and I thought of you and how I would feel in that position…the doctor went to say hi and let the patient know and I kept asking her to apologize to the lady!

I hope you have as great of an experience and I’m sure everything will go fantastic on Monday and I can’t wait to hear your little one is here and see a picture of him!

Post # 134
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

TheNewlyMrsD:  so much awesome info! How is Leah doing? Are you all home now?

Post # 135
4575 posts
Honey bee

TheNewlyMrsD:  thank you so much for the info, mama πŸ™‚ now I can put my towels away and put more useful things in there for hubs and me πŸ™‚ I can’t believe the lactation nurse was a miss for you….that’s so dissapointing, but I will try my best to push for one before I leave the hospital.  I will update you, guys, here and on fb once I have a chance.  Thank you for taking your time on giving me some tips πŸ™‚ I really appreciate it πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘May 2014 Babies: Part 4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors