(Closed) May 2014 POAS – Part 2!

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

soyjoy222: This cycle we BD morning, then I did an OPK for it to be + whereas the night before there was nothing at all. If we hadn’t of BD we would have done at some point that day, so yeah that what we do. 

Post # 18
1860 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

priyawouldntwannabeya:  A rollover is someone who didn’t get their BFP this month, so they’re going to roll over into the next month’s POAS board (whenever it is started)..

Post # 19
930 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

E_Lynne615:  ahhhh! so that’s me then. Except with my short cycle, I will probably be POAS May 31st again! I just have to wait to O so that I know for sure. If I am even 1 day late ovulating, I will be on the June board!

Post # 21
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

@bcloves83: (reply to your question in previous thread)

Okay, I’m not familiar with the app you’re using, so take my advice with a grain of salt.  It looks like the app says you O’d on CD16.  I don’t see any CM or OPK data, so I’m not sure why it picked that date exactly.  From just looking at your temps, it seems possible to me that you actually O’d two days later on CD18 (or maybe even as late as CD19 depending on your CM).  That would mean that you’re not as far into your luteal phase as the app thinks.

Spotting can happen for a variety of reasons and change from cycle to cycle.  I used to spot a week before my period actually arrived, but now I only spot for a day or two and sometimes not at all.  I wouldn’t worry too much about a change in the frequency of spotting.  (I know, easier said than done, right?).  Do you exercise?  Has there been a change in the frequency or intensity of your exercise?  Sometimes I find that going for a run or doing another high impact activity can cause spotting if I’m close to AF’s arrival date.

As for the spiky temps, there’s no way to know for sure why they’re occurring (as long as you’re getting the same amount and quality of sleep, and temping at the same time every morning).  I’ve seen a chart look just like yours with spiky temps in the luteal phase, and that woman ended up getting pregnant that cycle.  So again, try not to worry.  I’ve posted a couple times about what I perceive to be scary and unpredictable temp drops that turn out to be nothing.  Stay positive and hope for the best.  I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Post # 22
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

soyjoy222:  I just had to comment to say, I thought I was the only one left who says “geeze la wheeze”!  LOL!  Although, I always thought it was “jeez Louise!”  Hahaha!

Post # 23
1834 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wow part 2 already! I’m really excited that this is my first month TTC and I am hoping my cycles shorten a bit so I can actually POAS before the end of the month! 

Post # 24
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m being lame and can’t figure out how to tag people from a previous thread, but thank you for the condolences.  This one was tough for me.  It’s silly but I really wanted to not have to keep the RE appointment I have next week.  Oh well.  No sushi worked its way into the weekend but there was plenty of wine and relaxing.

soyjoy222:  Yep, you got it right now.  The OPK is measuring the build-up of hormones that causes the release of an egg.  So, you want to start getting busy (if you haven’t already) when you get that positive.  And then keep going until you get confirmation of O.

Post # 25
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Could I be moved to May 31st from TBD? Hopefully I’ll be able to POAS then 🙂

Post # 27
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

AF like cramping today :/. Ugh! I’m 8 dpo.

Post # 28
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m 10dpo today and it’s taking all my willpower to not start testing early. This past week has felt like the longest EVER and to top it off, Darling Husband will be gone on business Wed-Fri so this week is sure to drag now as well! Come on Saturday!

Post # 29
21 posts
Newbee

While we are not officially trying, I am well aware that I am in my fertile week – but Husband is so exhausted from work at the moment, he isn’t having a bar of it!  

There is still time, I think I’m about 4 days out from ovulation… but I’ve come to the conclusion that ‘not trying but not preventing’ is impossible for someone like me, an incessant googler who is well aware of her cycle! When you know you want a baby, and are prepared for it, (and are a mild control freak) to just ‘not try’ and ‘go with the flow’ is such torture! It’s true, ignorance most definitely is bliss! x

Post # 30
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Christy42213:  I thought it was ‘geez Louise’ too!

littlechincilla:  we were supposed to be more NTNP but you sound just like me, so I lasted about a month like that.. now I just obsess on the sly and try to keep Darling Husband as much in the dark as poss – his request!  Works alright for us 🙂

The topic ‘May 2014 POAS – Part 2!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors