(Closed) May 2014 POAS!

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 214
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD12 / 3DPO or 4DPO (not sure if I really had WCM on CD10, it could have just been creamy)

Ovulation Date: April 27th or 28th

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: May 11th or 12th / average cycle length is 21, but the last three cycles have been 19 days.  This cycle is a big deal for me because it’s the first time I’ve ovulated since quitting BCPs in September!!!

Cycles Trying: 7

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Well there’s no BFP plan anymore since I’m in the TWW.  I just had my first RE appt and they scheduled all kinds of bloodwork, CD3 ultrasound, an HSG, and SA for Darling Husband.  But now I’m going to put everything on hold to see if I keep ovulating on my own.  We try to BD EOD, and I’m trying to exercise at least 3-4 days a week.  I’m on prenatals, fish oil, and a mostly organic, whole foods diet.

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/christy42213 

What was your best vacation and why?  And if you are planning a vacation this year – where are you going? All my vacations have been great!  Some of my favorite places are Paris, London, Edinburgh, and Cannes.  We actually just celebrated our 1-year anniversary on April 22nd.  My Darling Husband planned a surprise getaway to NYC, where we saw a new Broadway musical called “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.”  It was hilarious!  And here’s my overlay chart because I’m soooo psyched to have ovulated finally!!!

Post # 215
930 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Well, I guess I’m out. I started spotting tonight. But, if my cycles remain at 27 days, I will be POAS again at the end of May. Good luck to everyone, I hope you get your BFP!

Post # 216
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

E_Lynne615:  fallingleaves:  heirofslytherin:  MrsArchitect:  I joined this thread today and am reading through it now.  Saw your BFPs and wanted to offer my CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  So exciting!!!  It’s only May 1st and already 4 BFPs!  Crazy!  Sorry if I missed the stories, how did you all tell your husbands??

MissCountryGirl727:  Are we the same person?  Because I told my Darling Husband the same thing about TTC and he was convinced he’d knock me up in one shot too.  Then five months later and no ovulation let alone BFP.  This is my first ovulatory cycle in 7 and if I conceive this cycle, my due date will be my birthday too!!

Post # 217
1860 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

whybee:  Personally, I’d say don’t overdo it – at least in our case, Darling Husband has a tough time ‘finishing’ if there’s a little too much lubrication down there… πŸ˜‰ Also, we only went to O+1 on the SMEP… 

Christy42213:  Thanks! πŸ™‚  I attached a note to our dog’s collar that said “Guard Dog Duty begins January 2015!  Baby *** is on the way!!’ and it had a picture of my positive tests on it… πŸ™‚

Post # 218
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

priyawouldntwannabeya:  I’m feeling the same way right now too. I started spotting ever so slightly this morning, and a bit more this afternoon. It’s stopped for now, but feeling a bit defeated.

Post # 219
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

priyawouldntwannabeya:  I started minor spotting today, too.  It doesn’t necessarily mean we’re out for the month, but I know how you feel.   Lucky you with your short cycles, though!  Mine are more like 35+ days.

Post # 220
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Phoebephoebo:  hey lady πŸ™‚ I was just thinking yesterday  that we hadn’t seen your for a while.  Hope everything’s ok?  Ive been having a bit of a negative bout as well. Remember you’re not out til you’re out πŸ™‚

E_Lynne615:  I think I’m in thw wrong timezone for the preseed advice lol, but I went for a tiny bit and things seemed to go well;) mmight have to steal your dog idea for when our bfp happens too!

Darling Husband was absolutely knackered last night; wine and takeaway and subtle hints completely failed to get him in the mood. So I had to take a very unromantic “dude, we just need to have sex” route – luckily, he saw the funny side and dutifully obliged!  Although I didnt resort to mentioning opk+ or SMEP lol

Post # 221
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

MissCountryGirl727:  exactly the same here. Darling Husband convinced it’d happen first go – that’s what years of sex ed has drummed Iinto us anyway. .. think itit’s also more of a guy thing. But it’s nice now that he’s increasingly more on board so…silver lining! 

Post # 222
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Christy42213:  thanks! I was too excited so left the test in the vanity for him to find when he got home, only he walked past it, twice! N I was like isn’t there something you wanna look at on the vanity, and he was like you mean your OPK? Lol…once he got the message he was beaming from ear to ear and hugged me and said “hello tummy!” LOL

Post # 223
292 posts
Helper bee

MrsArchitect:  Congrats!! Amazing lines!

Okay so more stupid OPK questions from me, I just need reassurance!  I have tested once daily since CD 12, they were pretty dark and then darkest between CD16-17, but not positive.  I’m pretty sure I got a positive last month on CD16 so it makes sense, and my line today was the lightest it’s ever been.  Is it safe to say I likely had my surge around CD16-17 but just missed it?  My CM after coming off BCPs was always SO obvious, but the last few cycles not so much.  I just want to know that we are BDing on the right days!  EOD for like 2 weeks is just too overwhelming for Darling Husband right now with how crazy life has been lately. 

Post # 224
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

phoebephoebo:  Awwww sweets, you’re not out until you’re out. I’m sorry it’s making you feel so down. Have you had all your hormones checked and whatnot? (and Darling Husband too?) (Sorry if you’ve already said but I have THE worst memory in the world. Darling Husband has to tell me whole conversations we’ve had sometimes and even then I can’t even vaguely recall them)! :-O  

whybee:  Hahaha… this sounds like me and my DH! We’d had a falling out the other day and I was like “even though I don’t really like you at the moment, you’re still gonna have to do me!” 

So today, I have a yuck metallic taste in my mouth. I’ve had it before a couple of times (even recently but I put it down to forgetting to take my vitamins a couple of days as it went away as soon as I started taking them again)  and actually had it when I fell pregnant last year… but I’m not getting my hopes up… Esp as I’m only 4DPO. And it makes me mad that I’m even thinking it as it means I’m getting all cray cray about symptom spotting again. 

I wish this site had more emoticons so i could put one that shows me banging my head against a brick wall!!! 

Post # 225
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Christy42213:  That defo looks like a clear cut ovulation cycle! Congrats! It may be worth still keeping your appts anyway, no harm in getting everything checked out anyway. And happy anniversary for the 22nd! And how cool that Darling Husband took you on a surprise trip to NY! πŸ™‚

Post # 226
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

E_Lynne615: Love the guard dog duty announcement. 

Post # 227
133 posts
Blushing bee

phoebephoebo:  I’m sorry for the bfn. The end of April was hard for me too. We’re here if you need to talk.

Christy42213:  Yeah for the 1st ovulation!!!!! Good luck for your 1st looong TWW

AFM I’ve been in a funk since wednesday. I was having breakfeast with my colleagues after my night shift and I was really tired. And I learned one of my colleagues is pregnant and due in december. I really really wanted a december baby. The rest of them kept asking when I was gonna get KU and I thought I was gonna cry, what with my chemical pregnancy in March.

So I whispered to one of them what happened, her daughter-in-law had a miscarriage so I knew I didn’t have to explain everything to her.

Now don’t think they were rude by asking. I’m a midwife and I work in a maternity ward, so we talk about future pregnancy more or less openly. That’s just the annoucement and the EDD that got to me.

Sorry for the long rant

The topic ‘May 2014 POAS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors