(Closed) May 2014 POAS!

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 319
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

MrsBaldEagle:  Can you move me up to May 9th? Thanks!

Post # 320
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Looks like I O’d a day early. Our timing was pretty good, got O-3,2,1 and O+1. We seem to be quite elusive about actually catching O day. Haha. Oh well, now to wait!

I had my first 5K race today. Finished it in 40 minutes, personal best. Of course now I’m sore beyond belief and looking forward to a massage tonight before sleep. Blissful sleep.

Post # 321
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Christy42213:  I know right? I was thinking I might have to spell it out to him. Lol since I showed him an app that says your baby is the size of a poppy seed blah blah, he’s banned the dogs from my lap

Post # 322
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Equine_Breeder:  thats pretty amazing, Darling Husband was like why do you need all that stuff for? *face palm* 

Post # 323
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m officially out. Woke up, temped, and it was exactly on the coverline. Got up, went to the bathroom and AF had arrived. I’d left my the test out and ready overnight so I can test this morning. Ah well.

I did add B6 and Vitamin C this cycle to lengthen my 11 day LP. I did still spot, but not nearly as much as I did before and my LP was extended to 12 days. Not sure if it was the vitamins are coincidental. 

Now, I’m off to peruse the internets for the best OPK deals to try this month. My O date (the cd) changes a few days each month, and we get a bit exhausted trying to catch it so trying a new approach. I won’t POAS again until June. Fingers crossed for the rest of you!

Post # 324
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I don’t know what I was thinking but I ordered some HGC tests on-line, they arrived on Thursday and today at 7DPO thought I’d test, say what!? What was I thinking, I knew it was too early anyway but couldn’t resist, needless to say it was a BFN.

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays!

vanike: Sorry you’re out. Treat yourself to a wine 

Post # 325
292 posts
Helper bee

Equine_Breeder:  love it! My Darling Husband has gotten more serious this month, too. I think it just takes men longer to accept big things like this! Good luck with your OPKs πŸ˜‰

Post # 326
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

CatyLady:  I’m trying to hold off on ordering. I have 5 πŸ™‚ hgc tests left. I. Will. Not. Obsess. πŸ˜‰

Post # 327
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

mrspinkiepie: LOL I got to admit I limited myself to only ordering 10 instead of 20 to help limit my obsession. πŸ˜‰

Post # 328
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

MrsBaldEagle:  okaaaay… I should probably wait until FF gives me those x-hairs but I’m too impatient! Going on my chart/temps and a 13-day LP, put me down to POAS May 15th πŸ™‚ I may or may not be feeling optimistic about our SMEP efforts/timing depending on when I actually O’d…!

Post # 329
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Truffle-hunter:  definitely get what you mean about the marketing. I can’t imagine what would happen if you filled the applicator all the way!! Managed well enough I think, although I do prefer knowing it’s further ‘up there’, but I expect that’s just psychological! πŸ™‚

Post # 330
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hey all, so I guess I just need to share with/vent to you all… ty in advance if you read this!

So, this is our first cycle trying, after YEARS of patient/impatient waiting on my part.  We were delayed by 3 months this year past when we were both ready because of medical issues, but are so excited to finally be TTC.  I know it’s crazy to believe that we would conceive our first month, and though I have tried to not set my expectations too high, I can’t help it.  I’ve been charting daily for 4 cycles now, and just kind of keeping tabs for maybe 6 months before that.  Anyway, let me get to the situation.

I’m 11 DPO, and tested yesterday and today.  Both BFN, not even a glimmer of a line.  My temps have been fluctuacting like crazy the last few days, but never down to cover line.  Usually my luteal phase is 12 days, and I ALWAYS spot for 3 days before my period really starts.  No spotting yet, and my period is “due” tomorrow.  Shouldn’t I at least have a faint positive by now if I’m pregnant?  Or, if I’m not pregnant, why aren’t I spotting yet?  I always spot consistently for days before period.  

I guess I’m just bummed out and confused because even though I don’t want to get my hopes up, it seems impossible that my period could arrive tomorrow, and also that my luteal phase could be so far off than usual if it’s not starting tomorrow.  Please, if you have an insight, let me know!  Here’s a photo of my chart (it’s a screenshot from an app I use to track).

edited w/ smaller photo!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  bcloves83.
Post # 331
292 posts
Helper bee

I don’t know how to read charts, but I can say a few things – even if your LP is 12 days, you could be pregnant and just not be testing positive yet, some women don’t even get their BFPS till after their missed period. However, I don’t want to get your hopes up TOO much because you stressing so much could also be making your period late! Many girls on this thread can probably vouch that when they started to TTC, their super regular cycles went crazy. I now spot for days before my period, that NEVER happened before we started TTCing. Anyways, don’t be so hard on yourself, and good luck I hope it does happen your first try!!! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘May 2014 POAS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors